Rock Star?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Rock Star?

This my be a leap, but I'm assuming most of you on this music board would like to be a rock/pop star, to some degree. What's you dream star scenario? Again I'll assume most of us put in a few moments thinking how cool would it be to be a music star, so what kind of music star would you like to be?

Would you like to be in a band? If so, what instrument do you see your self playing, or are you up front on lead vocals? What kind of band (genre)

Would you like to be in a well established band that the world knows, and you're looking back on a great career, but is still doing it. Like let's say a U2.

Or, would you like to be just getting started and your on the tour bus going from city to city on the cusp of fame.

How about a Pop star? Just you, no band mates to share the spot light. What kind of Pop star would you be? 

Would you like to be respected in the industry for your voice like say, Adele.

Or is super star fame not your thing, maybe you perfer to be a musician that gets to play on stage and in studio for a living, without all the celebrity fame thing.

Either way, what's your perfect dream scenario? I 'm going to take some time to think about this and post later.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Rock Star?

Nice question and not sure how to answer.

I guess in the end, my preference would be to have been a star during the Hair Band days. Lead guitar preferably. I thought Tom Pheifer of Cinderella and John Sykes of Blue Murder handled both lead vocals and guitar amazingly well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Professional Musician, yes.  Probably bass or keys...

Rock Star...eh, not so much.

Although I would likely settle for being a songwriter or lyricist. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

I think everyone dreams of being a rock star. However, I would have like to been a fly on the wall at the "Continental Hyatt House, circa 1969 (riotHouse), made famous in the movie 'Almost Famous," and hang out with the likes of Led Zeppelin, Clapton, the Who and Hendrix. Now that would have been fun...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Note: my answer might have different 15-20 years ago.  ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

With all silliness aside - two of my favorite personalities in music are Lennon and Bowie. A mix between those two is not a bad thing.

I know - I want to be Ziggy Stardust.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

I think I'm taking the same line as Matty on this, where I am now in life a professional musician would be cool. A drummer that all the big names want to work with in the studio, or getting to tour with from time to time.  

But 25 years ago...I would have said a drummer of a band, that made it on their own touring from city to city, you know the whole life on the road thing. And then we hit it big time! The classic story from nobody to a household name in short time always intrigued me, like the Beatles did and scores of others.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was 10 y.o. and finally convinced my parents after years of bugging them that I should learn how to play the guitar. They agreed to send me for lessons. Two days later, they drive me to the local music school, introduce me to the teacher and the next thing I know is an accordion is being brought out and strapped around my shoulders and back. I think I pizzed myself that day. My mother explained to me that all Italian boys had to learn how to play the accordion before anything else. Both of my brother in-laws had gone through the same thing. What is the matter with Italian families?

One good thing that came out of it was I learned how to read sheet music.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Guitarist all the way.  The most iconic figures for me have been the guitar heroes like Hendrix, Page et al...of course if I could be a great guitarist and also a genius writer, like Townshend, that would really be the ticket.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I've never wanted to be an entertainer.

I prefer being entertained much more than trying to entertain.

However, I've always wanted to create something , a work of art, a cartoon or a funny short story.

In fact , I've done all these things. It's just that very few are aware of it. I am not after fame, the satisfaction that I get knowing I can create something is enough for me. I can remember many times taking a drawing and scrunching it into a ball and throwing it the wastebasket. Someone will say, " hey why are you throwing that out?" ...and I'll say , "I did once, I can do it again."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I'm tone deaf as a brick and couldn't find the beat if I was sitting on a subwoofer!

That being said, I would love to be a drummer!