Rolling Stones announce 4 upcoming concerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rolling Stones announce 4 upcoming concerts

From yahoo.com:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/rocking-50-rolling-stones-tour-again-112658775.html

LONDON (AP) — You can't always get what you want — but if your desire is to attend a Rolling Stones concert this might be your lucky day.

The legendary band said Monday it would return to the stage this year with four concerts in Britain and the United States. The shows will take place on Nov. 25 and 29 at London's O2 Arena, followed by gigs on Dec. 13 and 15 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, just outside of New York.

The shows mark the first time in five years that the Stones have performed live, with Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood all coming together once more. The band said it was the "crowning glory" of celebrations marking its 50th anniversary of its first gig.

"Everybody loves a celebration, and London and New York are two good places to do it in!" Jagger said in a statement.

The Stones have sold more than 200 million records, with hits including "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," ''Street Fighting Man" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

But in recent years much of their income has come from touring. Their last global tour, "A Bigger Bang," earned more than $500 million between 2005 and 2007.

Their legions of fans will hear era-defining tracks such as "Gimme Shelter," ''Jumping Jack Flash," ''Tumbling Dice," ''It's Only Rock and Roll," plus a few surprises and other classics from GRRR!, the multiformat album coming out in November.

"GRRR!" is a greatest hits collection that includes two new songs "Doom and Gloom" and "One More Shot," recorded recently in Paris — the first new recordings since the 2005 album "A Bigger Bang."

The band promises an all-new, custom-built set design, featuring the tongue and floppy lip logo, that will "reach out into the crowd." A wider tour is not planned, though the Dec. 15 performance will be available on pay per view.

The tour comes despite some famously testy times.

Richards and Jagger have been creative catalysts and sparring partners — sentiments aggravated two years ago when Richards published his autobiography "Life."

They've nonetheless appeared amicably together during events that marked their 50th anniversary. A documentary about the band, "Crossfire Hurricane," premieres at the London Film Festival on Thursday.

In another milestone marking their five decades of music, the Museum of Modern Art in New York will host "The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film," a retrospective chronicling the band from the mid-1960s until today. This exhibition will be open Nov. 15.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Re: Rolling Stones announce 4 upcoming concerts

Saw them on the Steel Wheels tour.....still rockin'

Like Tina Turner, if your a Grandmother or Grandfather and can still put on a show I say go for it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From yahoo.com:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/rocking-50-rolling-stones-tour-again-112658775.html

LONDON (AP) —

But in recent years much of their income has come from touring. Their last global tour, "A Bigger Bang," earned more than $500 million between 2005 and 2007.

Overheard on the radio the other day that "good" seats for the shows in New Jersey will go for $850 apiece.

I know . . .  it's only rock -n- roll, . . .     but seriously?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Stop. Please just stop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Well, don't plan on getting a ticket to London's O2 Arena -- both shows sold out in seven minutes.

Fifty years has been kind to the Rolling Stones.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Overheard on the radio the other day that "good" seats for the shows in New Jersey will go for $850 apiece. I know . . .  it's only rock -n- roll, . . .     but seriously? 

Agree.   There are tickets going for much more than this, actually.   For the fans who have lost their minds (or have disposable income that I cannot imagine), try a ticket for over 2K.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have never been interested in seeing the Stones - not in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's new century and not in this decade. Don't know why, but I just don't like Jagger. Thankfully I have seen all the other members of the Stones live doing solo projects. My favorite being the New Barbarians in the 70's featuring Richards and Woods.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I've seen the Stones enough times already,I wouldn't pay a lot of money or travel a great distance to go see them again.I enjoyed the Stones concerts I did go see though.

According to the article,they're going to do a "Pay per View" for one of the concerts too.I won't be buying that either.I actually went to a bar that was showing a "Pay per View" during the 1981 "Tattoo You" tour.I think tickets were 5-10 dollars (at the bar) then and the bar also did a buffet with munchie types of food like hot dogs,hamburgers,chips and popcorn.

I can't imagine how much the Stones are going charge this time to watch it at home,but it'll probably be too much for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ticket prices are out of control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Rolling Stones concerts tickets: $20.00.Now THAT"S a good price!!!!!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/rolling-stones-announce-paris-nightclub-show-and-sell-tickets-for-15-euros-each

Sections
Shortcuts