Rush...Wow!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Rush...Wow!

I happen to catch Rush on Palladia the other night, my nine year old son was watching along. Time has done nothing to this band, they sounded better than ever. Getty's voice was spot on, Peart looked a little older but every bit the machine he always was, and Lifeson was just amazing. It's been a good while sinse Iv'e seen Rush, I forgot how fun it is to watch them. Some bands you just need to see, and others it's just not as necessary. It's fun to watch musisians at the top of their craft.

I believe the concert took place earlier this year in Cleveland, I'm sure Palladia will re-run it, they usually do. Catch it if you can it was great! My son asked me the next day if I could download a couple of Rush songs for him.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Rush...Wow!

It is terrific that a 9 year old can love something that us older folks grew up listening to.

But , then again , I remember watching old movies with my grandparents and absolutley loving them.

I think if young people were exposed to music, movies and T.V. shows that are classics they will understand why they were loved so much.

Rush is classic. They are in a league all their own.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

I corrupted my kid's at an early age with music... 

It's fun to listen to your 6 and 4 yo "rock out" and sing along to a song like We Will Rock You with all the wrong words!

Now after each episode of GLEE my 14yo daughter want's to know if I have the CD by the original band

I have a RUSH concert DVD from Brazil...it's awesome! great sound, great picture, great band!...Hall of Fame???????  Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The songs of Rush are very insightful and complex. I think perhaps many people who have only heard a few of their songs do not undertsand the full glory of this group. Musically awesome, lyrically , just about perfect. Has any group ever explored the atomic bomb ( The Manhattan Project), social isolation ( Subdivisions) , lack of notoriety ( Nobody's Hero), and many other very deep subjects backed with incredible sounding music?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My 10- and 8-year-olds both love Rush. I credit that to having a strong male role model in the house.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: Rush...Wow!:
    [QUOTE]My 10- and 8-year-olds both love Rush. I credit that to having a strong male role model in the house.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

oh yeah, because liking a band whose singer sounds/looks like a banshee SCREAMS strong male role model...ha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : oh yeah, because liking a band whose singer sounds/looks like a banshee SCREAMS strong male role model...ha
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, and you are ...?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : I'm sorry, and you are ...?

a rush fan who doesn't consider himself a strong male role model...charmed, i'm sure

i may be a little overly sarcastic at times, but truth be told i don't think i've ever met a rush fan who would count themself in that category.  there are exceptions to every rule though.  a thousand apologies!

lo siento, sr. dobler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : a rush fan who doesn't consider himself a strong male role model...charmed, i'm sure i may be a little overly sarcastic at times, but truth be told i don't think i've ever met a rush fan who would count themself in that category.  there are exceptions to every rule though.  a thousand apologies! lo siento, sr. dobler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have no idea what you're saying, but I'll defend with my life your right to confuse me. Especially when you have Calvin in your avatar. Greatest comic strip ever.
    Seriously, though, you never met a Rush fan who would count himself into what category?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

This thread is getting a bit weird, just wanted to point out how great Rush still sounded 30 plus years later.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : I have no idea what you're saying, but I'll defend with my life your right to confuse me. Especially when you have Calvin in your avatar. Greatest comic strip ever. Seriously, though, you never met a Rush fan who would count himself into what category?

greatest comic strip ever indeed...i know zilla is into it as well.

i was just saying that every rush fan i know personally (including myself) would fall into the more passive category, but then again that doesn't mean they aren't strong male role models...

i just thought that it was kind of a funny thing to say, because the first thing i picture is a girly looking geddy yelling in a high pitched voice about mystical lands and characters...

but it certainly wasn't an insult to you whatsoever.  i pride myself in my ability to confuse!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : i was just saying that every rush fan i know personally (including myself) would fall into the more passive category, but then again that doesn't mean they aren't strong male role models... Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]

Good point, strong role model doesn't/shouldn't imply alpha.

What's a man now - what's a man mean?
    Is he rough or is he rugged - is he cultural and clean?

or perhaps more on topic

Conform or be cast out...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : Good point, strong role model doesn't/shouldn't imply alpha. What's a man now - what's a man mean? Is he rough or is he rugged - is he cultural and clean? or perhaps more on topic Conform or be cast out...
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]

Well, they are Canadian.Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush...Wow! : greatest comic strip ever indeed...i know zilla is into it as well. i was just saying that every rush fan i know personally (including myself) would fall into the more passive category, but then again that doesn't mean they aren't strong male role models... i just thought that it was kind of a funny thing to say, because the first thing i picture is a girly looking geddy yelling in a high pitched voice about mystical lands and characters... but it certainly wasn't an insult to you whatsoever.  i pride myself in my ability to confuse!
    That's cool. When I said "stong male role model," I was making a joking reference to how I've shaped their Rock and Roll tastes. Though I do hope I'm also a strong male role model.
    Disagree Geddy looks girly, thouhg. That would be one butt-ugly girl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Not for nothing, but Rush fans are almost universally male.

I'm not entirely sure why (some theories), but the young fan dudes out there should be duly forewarned...the chickies may not dig it at all.