School Daze comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Thinking About the next voting poll/contest.

In Response to Re: Thinking About the next voting poll/contest.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thinking About the next voting poll/contest. : Love the list.  We could have spent weeks "discussing" what should be on it, but if it's as hard to find a negative vote as I think it is then it's fine as is.  The voting scheme though may lead to a LONG duration due to it being net positive, so the deletions (after the first few) may be pretty slow.
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]
    gerbs, you are such a nice person, and I'm glad you're happy with the list, but it's just too random for me.  

jessey, we could not live without you here, you're one of BDC's best, but that song list is giving me a headache.

Could you at least put it in alpha order, darling? 
    Smile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thinking About the next voting poll/contest. : gerbs, you are such a nice person, and I'm glad you're happy with the list, but it's just too random for me.   jessey, we could not live without you here, you're one of BDC's best, but that song list is giving me a headache. Could you at least put it in alpha order, darling? 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I'll alphabetize by editing my vote post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]To jesseyeric, yogafriend and everyone else involved in the voting threads: guys, I'm sorry but I can't participate in these.  They are just too time-consuming for me.  I am already consuming a major amount of time on these forums.  And if I ramp it up any further, the song most relevant to my life might be D-I-V-O-R-C-E. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE] No problem!!  That's a play list I never want to make for you or anyone else.

Contributing to our regular threads and dropping by when you have the time is good enough.  I enjoy your input tremendously.  When you aren't around, that's just to be expected.  I'm on other websites where I contribute advice, etc., and I go days at a time without contributing b/c I don't have time. 

Now give our regards to your wife for us, please. 
    Laughing

---------------------

PS Thanks, gerbs.  Awesome. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

[QUOTE]To jesseyeric, yogafriend and everyone else involved in the voting threads: guys, I'm sorry but I can't participate in these.  They are just too time-consuming for me.  I am already consuming a major amount of time on these forums.  And if I ramp it up any further, the song most relevant to my life might be D-I-V-O-R-C-E. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

try inviting her in.....my husband did

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thinking About the next voting poll/contest. : No problem!!  That's a play list I never want to make for you or anyone else. Contributing to our regular threads and dropping by when you have the time is good enough.  I enjoy your input tremendously.  When you aren't around, that's just to be expected.  I'm on other websites where I contribute advice, etc., and I go days at a time without contributing b/c I don't have time.  Now give our regards to your wife for us, please.   
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yogafriend, you are so cool.  You too chazz508. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: School Daze comments

This has been an interesting vote so far. Dylan seems to be running away from the pack. Across the Universe is getting some love by a few and The Weight is holding its own as well.

Chicago has already derailed and Moutain has almost been reduced to a mole hill. This surprises me somewhat.

There have not been many voters chiming in yet; let's see what happens if more join the fray.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Was there a source (published or otherwise) for the original list?  It just occurred to me today that the songs representing ELP and Yes basically have the same riff (or at least very similar Em arpeggio) in the first bar. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No - they are just songs that popped in my head. I am definitely going to take a closer listen to the two tracks tonight.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i thought the voting was a little interesting...it seems designed to take as long as possible

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

JE seems to have taken a break from the forums.   Not sure there are enough people who are interested in the thread at this point to bother to change the scoring. 

Maybe it was just too soon to expect people to get invested in another vote style game thread. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i think it just looks cluttered...yours was very neat and orderly, and the voting system wasn't as confusing...i mean, i'll still do it and all. i'm not going anywhere as far as i know.

how long has he been gone? maybe he is travelling or something...although i havent seen the sox forums lately so i don't know how he is being treated...judging by the sweep this weekend, i'm sure it wasn't too pretty

he was pretty adament about getting zilla back here that time

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

When no one else voted on Saturday, I decided not to vote yesterday -- didn't want to stuff the ballot box.  Definitely will take a long time to whittle down the list given that the current voting scheme is net positive.  Hope you will reconsider voting, Slim.  But I also hope that Jessey will return to help finish what he's started.
    Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Seems pretty straightforward to me...

...no pressure or anything, but 'daily' is a recommendation at best.  I try to avoid computers on weekends.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I suppose we can keep going.  

How about we do something to hasten things along, such as -- we each pick a song that has not been voted on yet and get rid of it? 

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Dealing with family issues this week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

hope all is well, friend.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i think that if we did a -2, and a +1 only it would REALLY speed things up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I was thinking along the same lines except reverse exactly what we are doing now.

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

yeah, that would work...whatever you feel like

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

yo jessey and everyone, matty started voting the new way and i followed suit...so i dunno if you want to keep it the old way or not, but we both voted -2 -1 +1 today

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

We're voting?  Oh yeah.  So I'll go with the new structure, too.  

I have a new game thread we can try -- it's not a vote style,  and it's not a "word" thread (sorry if anyone still finds them fun, they are, but after participating in them for many months, I hit the wall, and that was that).  A little more challenging, and ongoing, and something where you can exercise at least a part of your brain.  :)

So I'll put it up some time soon.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

hooray!