Slightly lame lyrics trivia question for Deep Purple fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Slightly lame lyrics trivia question for Deep Purple fans

The Deep Purple In Rock album features a song called Hard Lovin' Man.

Besides that song, the words 'hard lovin' man' are used in two other songs on albums by the same Mark II lineup.

What are the two other songs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Slightly lame lyrics trivia question for Deep Purple fans

One song I remember was by Whitesnake, "Fool For Your Lovin' No More" which includes that line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think jessey will know this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I know Bloodsucker because we used to do this song. Not sure of the other without using Google and I am trying to be fair.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I knew one of the songs was on the same LP as "Hard Lovin' Man". Took me about an hour to come up with Bloodsucker ,and I'm too late.

I was thinking the other was a song done later called "Hard Lovin' Woman", but I think that's wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bloodsucker is correct of course.  The other song was on a later album.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm stumped, you are going to make me listen to all my DP mk2 CD's this Sunday.

By the way, is that cheating?

...And what's lame about a "hard lovin' man?" , sure better than a "hard drinkin' man"...no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Slightly lame lyrics trivia question for Deep Purple fans:
    [QUOTE]I'm stumped, you are going to make me listen to all my DP mk2 CD's this Sunday. By the way, is that cheating? ...And what's lame about a "hard lovin' man?" , sure better than a "hard drinkin' man"...no?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, I love it, man.  Now I'm glad I thought of this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Slightly lame lyrics trivia question for Deep Purple fans : Ha ha, I love it, man.  Now I'm glad I thought of this.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of pride with me.

You are really killing me with this one. I was tempted to listen to Deep Purple all night after the Sox game. But ,I had to work today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'm still working on this one.

I had to work Sunday and then I had to mow my lawn. Between that and watching the Red Sox game , I have had little time to do research. Played 'House of Blue Light', 'The Battle Rages On' and 'Perfect Strangers'....found no answers there.

This is a trick question , right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still working on this one. I had to work Sunday and then I had to mow my lawn. Between that and watching the Red Sox game , I have had little time to do research. Played 'House of Blue Light', 'The Battle Rages On' and 'Perfect Strangers'....found no answers there. This is a trick question , right?

No Zill, I swear it's not a trick question.  And it's on an earlier album than the ones you listed.  Later than 'In Rock', but earlier than 'Perfect Strangers'...so that narrows it down to 3 albums for you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Thanks for the hint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I got it! (I cheated , sorry).

'Rat Bat Blue' is the song.

You know , I am such a big fan of Ritchie and Jon, and also I love Ian Paice's drumming that I don't really focus on the lyrics so much.

I have listened to 'Who Do We Think We Are' so many times, I never picked up on that before. Of course it's not my favorite DP lp( probably pretty far down the list,actually), but still, it's Deep Purple.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I got it! (I cheated , sorry). 'Rat Bat Blue' is the song. You know , I am such a big fan of Ritchie and Jon, and also I love Ian Paice's drumming that I don't really focus on the lyrics so much. I have listened to 'Who Do We Think We Are' so many times, I never picked up on that before. Of course it's not my favorite DP lp( probably pretty far down the list,actually), but still, it's Deep Purple.

Oh I think you were entitled to cheat after listening to those other CD's.

There's one other thing about 'Rat Bat Blue' that it is noteworthy, in my opinion, as it relates to another song on the album.  Do you know what I mean?  (I won't leave this up for long before I give my answer.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The other thing about 'Rat Bat Blue' is that the riff is basically the same riff as 'Woman from Tokyo'!  As much as I loved Purple I couldn't believe they would do that.  And yet the SOB's were so good that you couldn't really complain about it that much.  Apparently by the time they did that album there was so much friction in the band that they didn't record the songs together, they came into the studio to lay down their tracks individually.  I think I read that in Circus magazine anyway...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]The other thing about 'Rat Bat Blue' is that the riff is basically the same riff as 'Woman from Tokyo'!  As much as I loved Purple I couldn't believe they would do that.  And yet the SOB's were so good that you couldn't really complain about it that much.  Apparently by the time they did that album there was so much friction in the band that they didn't record the songs together, they came into the studio to lay down their tracks individually.  I think I read that in Circus magazine anyway...
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Didn't this type of friction also exist within the Beatles and Pink Floyd? And Ray and Dave Davies literally fought each other, sometimes on stage.