Song of the Day - 3/21/14

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Song of the Day - 3/21/14

Built To Spill - 'Cortez The Killer' (Live)

This is by far one of the best renditions of Neil Young's classic that I've ever heard.  If you ever felt the Live Rust version was skimpy, you really need to hear this one, which clocks in at about 20 minutes.  The influence is clear, and the tribute is genuine.

Doug Martsch is one of the great latter-day under-estimated guitarists, IMO, and the live setting is where he really shines.  I would describe the band as a mash-up of a Crazy Horse-d Young and the Flaming Lips with flashes of Jonny Greenwood.  Acquired taste, perhaps, but it's never boring even when it gets a bit sludgy.  

P.S.  I'll be on vacation next week, so enjoy while I get some much-needed sun on this pasty new england skin.  ;) Cheers!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: Song of the Day - 3/21/14

It's Johann Sebastian Bach's birthday today, so Happy Birthday, Bach!

Since classical is the only genre we recognize outside of rock ... (Just kidding)   I do agree that classical is a genre, but let me assure you, classical music listeners have plenty of debates re: what constitutes classical music especially since a great deal of "experimental" music is classified as classical, much to their horror.     Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Happy Vacation, Matty.  Take in all the sunshine / vitamin D you can.   Anyone that takes a vacation around now has earned it, after surviving the winter we've had.   I'm happy for you, while just a little envious, too.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's Johann Sebastian Bach's birthday today, so Happy Birthday, Bach!

Since classical is the only genre we recognize outside of rock ... (Just kidding)   I do agree that classical is a genre, but let me assure you, classical music listeners have plenty of debates re: what constitutes classical music especially since a great deal of "experimental" music is classified as classical, much to their horror.     Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Happy Vacation, Matty.  Take in all the sunshine / vitamin D you can.   Anyone that takes a vacation around now has earned it, after surviving the winter we've had.   I'm happy for you, while just a little envious, too.  :)

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Exactly 10 years ago Ozzy Osbourne was voted Britain's ambassador to welcome aliens to planet Earth.

Dreamer - Ozzy Osbourne from his "Down To Earth " album.

Happy holidays Matt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He'll be Bach!!!