Song of the Day - Jan. 16th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Song of the Day - Jan. 16th

Since this is MLK Day.

Pride by U2

I did like this song even though Bono got the time of the shooting wrong. It wasn't the early morning.

And just to stay with the King theme.

I give you:

Court of the Crimson King (Just a f'n masterpiece)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Song of the Day - Jan. 16th

I will stay with the MLK theme and go with "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. This song can be taken as both a personal and social statement. I think it is a timeless song of hope. It is one of the most beautiful, heartfelt songs that Cooke ever recorded, and it always inspires me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48K5Y0421Ig

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"The Dreaming Tree" - Dave Matthews Band

Because today we all have a dream...

(...and one of Dave's was apparently [predictably?] to open his own vineyard...  "Dreaming Tree" is the name of the label.)

"Standing here / The old man said to me / 'Long before these crowded streets /
    Here stood my dreaming tree...' "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

"Let There Be Peace on Earth" (and let it begin with me) -- sung by anyone

This is a classic and beautiful song, you might hear it more often during holiday season, but it's there for you when you need it.  The last time I sang this song with true feeling was at the memorial service of my cousin's son, a lost and troubled soul, who died an untimely death.   One of the saddest memorial services I have ever attended, but also, one of the most beautiful.  I honestly have thought about that day frequently, and it's been over a year.   That is how deeply I was moved and what a clear example of "you never really know"  truly is.    Sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone reading this sad, but this is a song that I thought was fitting for MLK Day.  

To take each moment 
    And live each moment 
    In peace eternally. 
    Let there be peace on earth
    And let it begin with me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"Cult Of Personality"

Because it is the best known song by a great group of rockers , who were African American....keeping with the MLK theme.

LIVING COLOUR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Song of the Day - Jan. 16th:
    [QUOTE]"Cult Of Personality" Because it is the best known song by a great group of rockers , who were African American....keeping with the MLK theme. LIVING COLOUR
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Good pick Lizard face

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chazz508. Show chazz508's posts

MLK by U2

Jake used to sing this to the boys when they were babies to put them to sleep.  He's been singing it all day :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

U2's MLK is one of my favorite U2 songs, and watching the video on youtube (just now) with a young Bono, gives the song a history that resonates -- and is kind to him.   Nice.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Well, the MLK song that occured to me today was Abraham, Martin and John by Dion.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPdYViBu0is

But the song that has been going through my head all day is not related to MLK day and is instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U0viaAqouA
    Eli's Coming -- 3 Dog Night

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Song of the Day - Jan. 16th:
    [QUOTE]I will stay with the MLK theme and go with "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke. This song can be taken as both a personal and social statement. I think it is a timeless song of hope. It is one of the most beautiful, heartfelt songs that Cooke ever recorded, and it always inspires me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48K5Y0421Ig
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]Well, twice in one day I've just had to reply to one of your posts, and you haven't even mentioned hank. You have good taste my friend.

Sections
Shortcuts