songs that make you smile

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

songs that make you smile

no more tears. Music is nothing if not powerful. Check out this song that always makes me smile. Think Stevie Wonder and Jose Feliciano combined. When I'm feeling low, this song makes me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhH-LBWG2fk&feature=related

what songs make you smile?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schadenfreude99. Show schadenfreude99's posts

Re: songs that make you smile

Anything from Weird Al.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

tangerine speedo - caviar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Brand New Day, Sting

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

There are just way too many to list.  I am not even going to try.

Aerosmiths first 5 albums, Queens first 6 albums, the whole Beatle catalogue, the Zep catalogue, The Who catalogue, the Kinks, the Stones, Tesla, Def Lep up to Steve Clark's death.

Way too many. I love music.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Anything from Fats Domino. He always seems to be singing with a smile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Here comes the sun"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"Blue Sky" - Allman Brothers Band (it never fails)

"Let It Bleed", "Dead Flowers" - Rolling Stones

"Sparkle" - Phish ("...laugh and laugh and fall apart...")

"Lawyers, Guns & Money", "Excitable Boy" - Warren Zevon

"Pay Me My Money Down" - Bruce Springsteen & Friends ("alright...everybody solo!!")

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

When did Creedence become a "boy band?"

A good song can bring out any number of emotions in a person.

Bad songs can make me mad. ( as in insane. I am thinking songs by Katy Perry as a good example. Absolute rubbish).

I know I tap my fingers and feet to a good song, I laugh at humorous songs, I get water in my eyes with some sad songs. I suppose I smile too, sometimes, but I can't think of a song that makes me smile.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Oh, and "Punk Rock Girl" - Dead Milkmen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Samba Pa Ti by Santana

it has the feel of the end of a summer's day at the beach with a tropical drink in hand and a warm breeze.  and this makes me smile

Blue sky by ABB has that guitar solo that also has that warm summer feel

And the guitar solo in Can You Hear Me Knocking by The Stones has it too

I guess I need a good guitar solo to make me happy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Never been a U2 fan (understatement) but I was dating a guy and my feelings for him just never materialized the way he hoped (he was a great person, the guy who attended at least a thousand concerts and kept all the tickets and passes in these huge containters) --- anyhow, it was a bunch of years after the album came out, but one night he came over and handed me a copy of "The Joshua Tree" --  so I would have my own copy of "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"  which we joked should be my theme song.  

Still makes me smile, if not laugh out loud!   We broke up and I got to keep the CD. 
    Smile
    "Creep" (Radiohead)  also makes me smile, but I won't say why.  

OH, you know what else??   The old Stones song, "Sitting on a Fence" -- love that song.   I guess I find songs about being indecisive smile-worthy.  ha ha. 

Many more of course, but these came to mind first.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Samba Pa Ti

I dare anyone to sit on a beach, listen to that song and not smile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: songs that make you smile:
    Never been a U2 fan (understatement) but I was dating a guy and my feelings for him just never materialized the way he hoped (he was a great person, the guy who attended at least a thousand concerts and kept all the tickets and passes in these huge containters) --- anyhow, it was a bunch of years after the album came out, but one night he came over and handed me a copy of "The Joshua Tree" --  so I would have my own copy of "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"  which we joked should be my theme song.   Still makes me smile, if not laugh out loud!   We broke up and I got to keep the CD.  "Creep" (Radiohead)  also makes me smile, but I won't say why.   Many more of course, but these two came to mind first.  
    Posted by yogafriend

Yoga, you have to see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyJ0YT087A

Radiohead acappella. There isn't an emoticon that comes close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: songs that make you smile:
    In Response to Re: songs that make you smile : Yoga, you have to see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYyJ0YT087A Radiohead acappella. There isn't an emoticon that comes close.
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

Yeah, you found the link!!  That was one of the many outstanding numbers Street Corner Symphony sang, isn't it incredible?

No one could believe they could pull that off with voices alone.  They did blow the roof off the place, obviously! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oddly enough, I was just talking to a friend of mine (who is suffering a severe depression just lately) about this very thing, and the first song that came to mind -- because she is so far away -- was The Proclaimers I'm Gonna Be . . .   a song that makes it virtually impossible to be unhappy (for a few minutes, anyway).

Other such songs . . . .

Katrina and the Waves -- Walking On Sunshine
    B-52s -- 52 Girls
    The Fools -- World Dance Party
    Tonio K -- Funky Western Civilization
    Joe Jackson -- Friday
    Tom Petty -- American Girl

Just to name a few.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"Stupid Girl" - Stones

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Drift Away
    Hey Soul Sister
    Tik Tok
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Lucky
    Too many others to list...!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"Alabama Song" - Doors and/or whoever originally wrote it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

"Cluck-a-doodle-doo" (Advertisement song, "User Track Player" radio, in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas).

Sections
Shortcuts