Songs that mention other music artists in the lyrics.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Songs that mention other music artists in the lyrics.

In response to bombah's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And since we've been talking about Neil Young lately, I just listened to Tonight's the Night today, and the song "Borrowed Tune" has the line, "I'm singing this borrowed tune, I took from the Rolling Stones, Alone in this empty room, Too wasted to write my own".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-Uqj8TwZk

[/QUOTE]

The tune is Lady Jane.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh! I was wondering what tune it was. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

There is an obscure song, from maybe 1955-1965, that I cannot find the title or artist.  The song talks about the various male rock stars or heart throbs and the hook seemed to be: .......... "Bobby Rydell and you know darn well, Presley's in there too-oo-oo."  Could somebody, if possible, help me on this?  Thank You. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cavaliersfan's comment:

There is an obscure song, from maybe 1955-1965, that I cannot find the title or artist.  The song talks about the various male rock stars or heart throbs and the hook seemed to be: .......... "Bobby Rydell and you know darn well, Presley's in there too-oo-oo."  Could somebody, if possible, help me on this?  Thank You.

The Four Preps,  'Gotta Girl':

http://youtu.be/lIQIOOalbv8

[/QUOTE] Slim,  That was great.  I really enjoyed listening to that song.  It brought back a lot of good memories.  Thank You.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How bout the grand daddy:

American Pie:

Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Richie Valens, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Byrds, Janis Joplin, Lovin' Spoonful and whoever sang The Book of Love . . .

Thats just of the top of my head.  Bet I'm missing a few

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this at the top of this page.   : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Tom Tom Clubs Genius of Love (James Brown, James Brown, James Brown, James Brown)

Jump In The Saddle Band - The Curley Shuffle (Ok, not a rock star but still a household name)

Tesla - Song & Emotion (he's not mentioned by name but the song was written as a tribute to Steve Clark, lead guitarist for Def Leppard, who died back in 1991)

New Radicals - You Get What You Give

Rage Against The Machine - The Ghost of Tom Jones

9. This post has been removed.