'Stumbling Stones' (Bluegrass Music)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: 'Stumbling Stones' (Bluegrass Music)

Best way I can give you my opinion is to tell you that I had a smile on my face the entire time I watched that video.    A talented group of people, playing their music, and having fun while doing so.  I also liked the way they were playing on the porch, informally.  

A big "thumbs up" from me.  Smile

Your pride in your daughter (aside from being her father ...) is justified; she's talented and whether she takes after you or any other relative, she's real pretty, too.  

Thank you for sharing.  One can only imagine if they were in a professional studio with a few tech advantages, what a fine recording they'd be capable of making.    

PS I am not a true blue grass fan through and through, but I can listen to a song like this and walk away wanting to hear more.   It's very joy-filled music.   And BTW, my main link to blue grass music is via Alison Krauss, one of my favorite musical artists.   

I never make the same mistake twice.  I make it five or six times, just to be sure.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Sounds great.......but it stirs visions of Ned Beatty in the woods and a really bad canoe trip! Laughing

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

CBGB's......Country Blue Grass and Blue's - OMFUG - Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers...just read that recently. It's interesting that the reference to Blue Grass was obscured by the "punk" acts in the 80's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Cool video, nice song. I'm a bit jealous. I took guitar lessons for years only to come to the conclusion I had no musical talent. It must be fun to be able to make your own music. Although it does take a lot of time and hard work spent practicing. But you also need that something special built into you that makes you want and need to play music. Before the invention of radio and recording devices, people had to make their own music and gather together to enjoy and share it. It is still a wonderful way to bring people together. 

"Hold it fellows, that don't move me. Let's get real, real gone for a change."

-Elvis Presley

Sections
Shortcuts