Substitutions / Replacements

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Substitutions / Replacements

If you could substitute or replace one musician from any band, who would it be, and from what band?    The band in question would have to have a reasonably long-standing lineup and not one that has been prone to "flavor of the month" type changes.    Could be a / the vocalist, too. 

Both serious or funny substitutions  are welcome.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Substitutions / Replacements

Any "long standing band" would likely be a "great band" and changing one of the members on a whim instead of by necessity ( death usually comes to mind .., think Keith Moon / Kenny Jones). would be tantamount to sacreligious in my book.

But, because it's yoga, I'll be nice.

Let's take Ian Hunter out of Mott The Hoople and replace him with Alice Cooper.

They could rename the band...

...yup, you guessed it!....Mott The Cooper.

...or Alice Cooper could go to Alice In Chains, and the name stays the same!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Good question, but I think those "super groups" (Asia, Dam Yankees...etc.) are a great example of the mix and match you suggest. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Maybe Joan Jett could join Jefferson Airplane and call themselves Jett Airplane

or Tina Turner joins with Randy Bachman and become Bachman Turner Overdrive

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

How about Chuck Berry ( with Halle Berry singing backup) joining Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton as 'Berries and Cream?'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What if Derek Trucks joined the Cars???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Any "long standing band" would likely be a "great band" and changing one of the members on a whim instead of by necessity ( death usually comes to mind .., think Keith Moon / Kenny Jones). would be tantamount to sacreligious in my book.

But, because it's yoga, I'll be nice.

Let's take Ian Hunter out of Mott The Hoople and replace him with Alice Cooper.

They could rename the band...

...yup, you guessed it!....Mott The Cooper.

...or Alice Cooper could go to Alice In Chains, and the name stays the same!!!

Since it's yoga you'll be nice ... Oh, gee -- that bad, eh?  

Maybe not one of my more inspired quirky threads.   :)

How about a change for the Byrds?   I can't come up with anything, but maybe someone else can.  :)    

OTHERWISE, you're on fire now.   hahhahaha.  NICE WORK.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"How about a change for the Byrds?   I can't come up with anything, but maybe someone else can.  :)"

Ginger ,Mary Ann and Ginger as the "Honey Bees' could join the Byrds.Then they'd be the "Byrds and the Bees."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqp_Si4a10E

or the Bee Gees joined the Byrds,again "Byrds and the Bees"

If former comedian Flip Wilson  joined them,they'd be "Flip the Byrds"

If former group Free joined them,they'd be "Free Byrds"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

yoga, you could almost replace jesseyeric as my best "straightman"...if you were a man.

This thread was just begging for humor....sorry , but you did suggest it.

What if Gerry and the Pacemakers merged with Heart???

80s groups ABC, U2 and  INXS merge: The new group would be ( ready for this?)...AB CINXSU 2.

What if Martha Davis of the Motels joined Black Flag?...you'd get music for a motel room with no roaches...( GET IT?...roach MOTEL...BLACK FLAG???)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Heart joining with Joan Jett and Black Sabbath would be Joan Jett and the Black Hearts

The Doobie Brothers joining with the Rolling Stones would be "Rolling Doobies"

Bill Cosby,Beverly Sills and Johnny Cash forming a group with Erica Jong would be "Cosby,Sills,Cash and Jong"

Rolling Stones teaming with Styx would be Styx and Stones

It also seems like Madonna would fit in with Supertramp.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Ginger ,Mary Ann and Ginger as the "Honey Bees' could join the Byrds.Then they'd be the "Byrds and the Bees."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqp_Si4a10E

or the Bee Gees joined the Byrds,again "Byrds and the Bees"

If former comedian Flip Wilson  joined them,they'd be "Flip the Byrds"

If former group Free joined them,they'd be "Free Byrds"  

Great job with the Byrds.    Very inspired.  !

How about this:  Replace all the singers in this musical with the Bee Gees and rename it:

Geesus Christ Super Star   :)     Pretty bad, huh?!

EDITED:  I could also say BeeGeesus Christ Super Star -- rrrright.   :)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Rush was a band that came to mind re: replacement, since even fans have readily admittted they have issues with Geddy Lee's voice.  The "fun" aspect of trying to think of a replacement is that it would not be easy to come up with a serious answer.   But the thought of replacing him would be an imaginative effort.   See what I mean ...?

I was also thinking, after seeing Eddie Vedder in the 12-12-12 concert, singing "Comfortably Numb" which was a knockout ... replace Waters for Vedder.    OKAY, I already know the consequences of saying that ...  :)   

As for the fun / funny responses, I think we're covered.   They've been pretty cool.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

yoga, you could almost replace jesseyeric as my best "straightman"...if you were a man.   This thread was just begging for humor....sorry , but you did suggest it. What if Gerry and the Pacemakers merged with Heart??? 

NO problem at all, and I'm howling at the, you know, "straight - person" reference, especially since JE (unfortunately :(  )   has not bee on the board as often these days.  

I'm down with it.   So let's make it official.  :) 

I guess this thread did beg for humor, and truthfully -- I think we can all use some humor on these cold, dark January days, so go for humor and go for broke -- that's what I sa-a-a-y.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I have already stated this in the past, but the Rolling Stones would have sounded just as good, if not better, with Don Covay as the lead singer. Sure, they wouldn't have had the same image, but image doesn't mean that much to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWioaVN9olY

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have no serious answers ( what else is new?)

So , we'll continue with more silliness.

Jimi Hendrix (yes, I know he's dead....but play along...) recruits Mick Ralphs as 2nd guitar, Boz Burrell on bass and Simon Kirke on drums.....The Jimi Hendrix Bad Experience.

Adam leaves the Ants and replaces Klaus Meine.....Adam and the Scorpions.

Jeff Beck teams up with Beck and Walter Becker from Steely Dan. The group might be Beck, Beck and Becker. Or Frank Black could team up with Walter and be Black and Becker.

Robert Plant singing with Hothouse Flowers?...Hothouse Flowers and Plant.

B.B. , Freddie and Albert King sing with the Jesus and Mary Chain???....The Jesus and Mary Chain featuring the 3 Kings.

Ted Nugent fronts Guns And Roses......new name 'Guns and Guns and more Guns.'

Sections
Shortcuts