Talk show hosts? (for fun)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Talk show hosts? (for fun)

Name a musician / vocalist  who would make a good talk show host.  Name more than one, actually.  :)  

Based on someone you've seen in concert, perhaps, or based absolutely on your perception... who has the charisma, quick wit, humor, or whatever it takes?

This is for fun.   Check in with some funny choices, too.   Happy Friday.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Talk show hosts? (for fun)

Peter Wolf of J.Geils would be good.

...not a "musician" actually , but a singer. But,  I guess that's kind of what was meant.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Alice Cooper would be a good one.  He already has his own syndicated DJ show, and he comes across as having a devious sense of humor.  I think he's a very smart guy and he knows a lot about show biz.  Also I suspect he's a bit of a hobnobber because he's a very avid and very good golfer and he probably meets a bunch of other celebs that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Both good choices guys.Actually,Peter Wolf was the first one to come to mind for me,but Alice could definitely pull it off too.

I think Sir Paul McCartney would make a good host as well as Dave Grohl.I'm not too sure about Toni Basil though.

"Another day closer to the parade"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ray Davies would be perfect if he really wanted to do it.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Nice, interesting choices.  Really.    Tony Basil could put photographs of herself in her old cheerleader outfits for the backdrop.   What's wrong with that?!    

Here are a couple of ladies that would do a fine job:

Alicia Keys

Susanna Hoffs   =)    

"Just as kindness knows no shame, know through all your joy and pain, that I'll be loving you always."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but how about Ozzy?

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you are still a rat."- Lily Tomlin

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but how about Ozzy?

As long as you're in charge of keeping him sober.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Ted Nugent Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Peter Zaremba (Fleshtones) presented on MTV for a while.

Totally tangentially, look how high Sly Stone and Richard Pryor are on the Mike Douglas Show:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nbKIngibEI

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Ozzy...Didn't his wife have one not too long ago?

Ozzy is much more interesting than Sharon, you might need sub titles with Ozzy though.

Also, it would need to be on HBO or something. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Axl Rose..... .        

...for the complete train-wreck it would be. Jerry Springer, except the host is crazy, not the guests.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

David Lee Roth...the camp value alone would be worth it.  

Henry Rollins had a short-lived chat show on IFC a while back with good discussions, interesting guests and left-of-center musical artists.  No idea why it was cancelled, but it's worth a reboot.

More music-related, I'd like to see a US version of Later...(with Jools Holland) and hosted by someone who can both gab and join in with the bands on occasion.

Ben Folds could do the job, I think.

Sections
Shortcuts