Ted Nugent..loud music has given him brain damage.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Ted Nugent..loud music has given him brain damage.

I love this guy's music from the 70's.

Stranglehold, Snakeskin Cowboys, State Of Shock, Weekened Warriors, Terminus El Dorado, Venom Soup, Stormtroopin', Free For All, Death By Misadventure, Workin' Hard-Playin' Hard, Need You Bad,  Wango Tango.

These are some of the greatest songs in hard rock history.

But he's gone over the edge. He's flipped.

Always an extreme right wing , politically....he is of course supporting Romney.

But, he says he will either be dead or in jail if Obama is re-elected.
    These words border on treason and although people have the rght to express an opinion, Ted has crossed the line and needs to apologize. These words indicate that he will do something violent if he doesn't get his wish.

And to think the Secret Service followed Lennon around for staging sit-ins for "peace"....and writing songs about "love."

Nugent is crossing into dangerous territory and even the Romney camp doesn't really want his endorement as they fear it will send the wrong message.

It is not a war Ted, it is a presidential campaign. Like it or not, real Americans must live with the result of the election and cope the best we can if our candidate doesn't win. I didn't vote for Clinton, but I survived. I also wish I hadn't voted for Bush, but I survived that too...sadly some people did not and I feel bad about it and the Republican party will now suffer , because they lost my support. A bad politician can force you to change the way you think. This is called "freedom of choice" and it is what makes our country what it is.

Threats of violence are okay in the fantasy world of Rock music songs, where giant reptilian monsters like Godzilla can come to life for 4 minutes or so....it's not cool in real life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Re: Ted Nugent..loud music has given him brain damage.

I've never liked that nut job

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That dreadful 'Damm Yankees' album almost gave me brain damage...

...so maybe we're even.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ted was an adequate guitar player back in the day, but he didn't have all that many brain cells to begin with.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Loved the loud guitar of Nugent back in the day. Don't have much use for what comes out of his mouth and it doesn't matter if I agree or disagree with any point he is trying to make.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I started this thread on 4/18/12.

On 4/19/12 ,CNN columnist LZ Granderson ( no relation to the Yankee outfielder...at least I don't believe so..) has posted a commentary article that expresses my views almost to perfection. This comes as no surprise because LZ is a respected journalist who has won and been nominated for some major journalistic awards, his views can also be seen and heard on CNN.

LZ had this to say as part of his column: "When you see that statement next to Nugent comparing Obama and his colleagues to coyotes that needed to be shot , as well as the need to "ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November." I don't see how that rant cannot be looked upon as a threat on the president's life."
     "I'm not surprised to hear such comments from Nugent. But I am surprised that in a country with 106 million handguns, 105 million rifles , 83 million shotguns and four assassinated presidents, we don't take such talk more seriously."

Nugent needs to tone it down. This country is becoming a fractured, combative society. Daily shootings, road rage, political rhetoric and all the other stuff going on, America does not need washed up Heavy Metal guitar players turned NRA mouthpieces adding fuel to the fire.

Sorry Ted, you've crossed the line. Imagine what John Lennon would do in this political climate today...man, we need a guy like him badly. Nugent is 180 degrees from Lennon and the Woodstock era rock 'n rollers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Jeez . . .

Take a breath, man.

This is just Ted being the same Ted he's always been.

I'm sure you were equally outraged when your boy, Barry, stood right next to his buddy James Hoffa while Hoffa was gleefully promising to "take out the sonofabitches" (meaning Tea Party conservatives) . . .  or maybe you prefer that moron from the Congressional Black Caucus (whose name I don't care to remember) who suggested that said Tea Party should "go straight to hell" and -- indeed -- that she would send them there.

This is the stuff that goes unremarked as the knob-in-chief is lecturing us all about "tone" and "civility."

You people make me sick!

(oh . . .  and just incidentally, you might want to save this kind of thing for the polictical forum)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, it does have a connection to music.

This about a former great rock star aiming threats at our president.

I understand that Ted hates Obama. But, who is he to say these things....if a common nobody like me said it wouldn't the Secret Service be knocking at my door?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The thing that really gets me about this guitar playing tough guy is that he's a draft dodger too. That's a well known fact. Just like so many of the fear mongering war hawks. when he had a chance to put his butt where his mouth is he said no thanks, someone might be shooting at me. Contrast this with actual war heroes like Ike, Jack Kennedy, George McGovern and John Kerry. I'm just saying it's one thing to talk tough, but if you're going to talk a big game don't run and hide when your country comes calling, because if you do your toughness is still largely theoretical. Rant off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

For people saying "what's the big deal about Ted Nugent exhorting people to kill the president?", I give you two words:

GABRIELLE GIFFORDS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ted seems to have returned from his journey to the center of the mind with a bag full of crazy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Thanks for reinforcing my feelings.

While I disagree wth Ted, and I disagree with Mel Gibson on most of their opinions, I still watch Mel Gibson movies and still listen to Ted Nugent's music.

I will not deprive myself of entertainment I enjoy because the person who created it has angered me. I already bought the CDs and DVDs , so I really only deprive myself by refusing to watch.

I just don't get why people think that we really have "Freedom of Speech"...we enjoy certain privledges due to "Freedom of Speech", but still have to THINK before we actually exercise it.

There are lots of things I would like to say here and in person. I think these things, but would never be fool enough to voice them in a public place or a public forum. I may have wandered over the line on a few occasions, but mostly I think I know better than to be 100% open.

Ted Nugent will always be Ted Nugent. I wouldn't want him amy other way....just would like him to be a little more respectful to the guy who is , after all , our president....and this goes for many others too.

Look, I do not like George W. Bush, I would and have made jokes at his expense and voiced displeasure. But, I do still retain enough respect for the office of the presidency ( and enough brains) to not threaten or degrade him completely. His is a human being, he may have many faults, he may be wrong about many things, he may even be a bad person. But as the president , you have to show a little respect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

We're talking about a guy who not only threatened the president but who (a) was taken to court for not paying child support, (b) married a 17-year-old girl after legally adopting her and (c) had three of his eight children out of wedlock. But he hates Obama, so the right loves him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ted Nugent..loud music has given him brain damage.:
    Ted seems to have returned from his journey to the center of the mind with a bag full of crazy.
    Posted by devildavid
    That should be a song lyric.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I remember when Vedder had a Bush doll back in 2004 or whenever it was and beat it silly on stage.  Lame. 

Personally, I find musicians lecturing me on their political views incredibly annoying. Short of a political rally or the talking about the genesis of a song with a political undertone, shut your mouth and play your music for your fans.

Maybe if Ted Nugent actually wrote more than 3 good songs in his life he wouldn't be so angry?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

We're talking about a guy who not only threatened the president but who (a) was taken to court for not paying child support, (b) married a 17-year-old girl after legally adopting her and (c) had three of his eight children out of wedlock. But he hates Obama, so the right loves him.
    Posted by LloydDobler

Very well said, Lloyd.

I don't want to stray off the Ted Nugent music connection and too far into politics, pmike has already hinted that this thread may have been more appropriate on the political forum... ( I'm not saying he's wrong, but the music connection and the fact that we are more level headed here made me believe I would get better , more civil responses here).

But , at the risk of all that. The right wants to hear what the right wants to hear. How else do explain the whole birth certificate nonsense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Thanks for reinforcing my feelings. While I disagree wth Ted, and I disagree with Mel Gibson on most of their opinions, I still watch Mel Gibson movies and still listen to Ted Nugent's music. I will not deprive myself of entertainment I enjoy because the person who created it has angered me. I already bought the CDs and DVDs , so I really only deprive myself by refusing to watch. I just don't get why people think that we really have "Freedom of Speech"...we enjoy certain privledges due to "Freedom of Speech", but still have to THINK before we actually exercise it. There are lots of things I would like to say here and in person. I think these things, but would never be fool enough to voice them in a public place or a public forum. I may have wandered over the line on a few occasions, but mostly I think I know better than to be 100% open. Ted Nugent will always be Ted Nugent. I wouldn't want him amy other way....just would like him to be a little more respectful to the guy who is , after all , our president....and this goes for many others too. Look, I do not like George W. Bush, I would and have made jokes at his expense and voiced displeasure. But, I do still retain enough respect for the office of the presidency ( and enough brains) to not threaten or degrade him completely. His is a human being, he may have many faults, he may be wrong about many things, he may even be a bad person. But as the president , you have to show a little respect.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Not to put too fine a point on it, zilla...

...but if you substituted any big time mack daddy rapper for ted and thugmoneyism for ted's political "views"...

...then you may have a rough analogy for the point you were making in the other thread.  (Chris Rock had a good bit on this, when he asked why women would listen and dance to misogynistic lyrics.  The reply: "He ain't talkin' about me.")

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

That dreadful 'Damm Yankees' album almost gave me brain damage... ...so maybe we're even.
    Posted by MattyScornD

Ummm ... please don't shoot me but ....

I liked that Damn Yankees collaboration.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Ted Nugent is the product of his own egotistical human nature.  Just because he is a musical genius doesn't mean he is a genius at politics and world affairs.  The man doesn't know his limitations and should become more humble.  This world is rife with brilliant people who have shown they are bumbling idiots in areas outside their expertice.   

Sections
Shortcuts