That Metal Show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

That Metal Show

VH1 Classic has the Eddie Trunk "That Metal Show". Have any of you ever watched it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: That Metal Show

I seldom think about VH1 or MTV anymore, because they don't seem to have alot to do with music these days.

T.V. is so bad, I fell asleep watching the Republican party debate last night and I don't even vote Republican. I was hoping for some entertaining moments but missed the Rick Perry gaffe. Michele Bachman and Herman Cain are about the funniest people on T.V these days. Kind of like the Cheech and Chong of this generation. God help us if either one ever gains a position that impacts our lives.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Last time I watched a music channel was 1990/1991 MTV's Headbands Ball with Riki Rachtman.  The good old day's, going OTB (Over the Bridge - George Washington) to 170th St. for $20 grams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I have watched it.  I am not the biggest headbanger in the world, but I like it.

Now they have talked about bands I never heard of  and acted like they were huge, maybe I needed to pay more attention in the 80's, lol.

Its not bad as things go, if you are a head banger I would say give it a look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: That Metal Show:
    [QUOTE]I have watched it.  I am not the biggest headbanger in the world, but I like it. Now they have talked about bands I never heard of  and acted like they were huge, maybe I needed to pay more attention in the 80's, lol. Its not bad as things go, if you are a head banger I would say give it a look.
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]

VH1 has a tendency to make minor bands sound like superstars. I remember the show with Bret Michaels ( I never listened to his band, but he was a real good host for this channel) where they counted down the 100 greatest hard rock songs of all time. While entertaining, I was frustrated because so many real great ones were omitted or rated near the bottom.

I think many of the hard rock acts of the 80's got pushed aside in favor of "new music." Many of the hard rock 80's acts were merely copying hard rock acts of the 70's ( Guns and Roses , while good , always reminded me somewhat of what I wished Aerosmith should sound like in the 80's, and very much a clone of their 70's mentors...just as Aerosmith was sort of a Rolling Stones clone band).

I have always felt the best hard rock bands of the 80's were the groups who started in the late 60's and 70's who were still going strong....Judas Priest, Scorpions, Deep Purple,Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, Jethro Tull, among others. Dokken was probably my favorite of the newer hard rock 80's bands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

It is worth a watch.

Zilla - NWoBHM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I suppose I'll have to take your advice now and watch it, because I know you have your finger on the pulse of what is good on television these days, I certainly don't. I spend a few minutes looking for something decent and give up and watch DVD's of old movies and old T.V. series like Star Trek and Mission Impossible, the two best shows ever made IMHO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from indygreen. Show indygreen's posts

Not a bad show, last show I saw they had Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick on with some guy from a lesser known metal band, but what was obvious to me was that VH1 needs to give Rick his own show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Not a bad show, last show I saw they had Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick on with some guy from a lesser known metal band, but what was obvious to me was that VH1 needs to give Rick his own show.
    Posted by indygreen[/QUOTE]

Thanks for mentioning Cheap Trick.

jessey will love this.

And I will never hear the end of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I watched a show on VH-1 Friday at 10 p.m. called Metal Evolution, it said "all new episode" ..."pre Metal"  where they traced the origins of Metal.

I found it very entertaining.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from indygreen. Show indygreen's posts

when VH1 puts the focus on the music it is worth watching,good rock docs and updated behind the music episodes are good. this past month they have been showing a great documentry on Rush and another one on Motorhead

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I watched a show on VH-1 Friday at 10 p.m. called Metal Evolution, it said "all new episode" ..."pre Metal"  where they traced the origins of Metal. I found it very entertaining.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

It is an 11 part series and I am very interested in watching the whole thing. I really enjoyed where the influence of a calssical piece helped with the riff to Black Sabbath.

Cheap Trick Rulez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Last time I watched a music channel was 1990/1991 MTV's Headbands Ball with Riki Rachtman.  The good old day's, going OTB (Over the Bridge - George Washington) to 170th St. for $20 grams.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Some of the interviews are pretty interesting. The new season started with an extensive interview with Axl Rose.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I watched a show on VH-1 Friday at 10 p.m. called Metal Evolution, it said "all new episode" ..."pre Metal"  where they traced the origins of Metal. I found it very entertaining.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Saw part II last night - American Heavy Metal and its behinnings with DIck Dale. Really good.