The Album you wore out quickest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The Album you wore out quickest

For me it was Van Halen.  From the opening Riff to the last note I just couldn't get enough.  I still know every word to every song.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Re: The Album you wore out quickest

Boston's first album. If this band woulda had more albums, I woulda liked them more. More Than A Feeling and Foreplay/Longtime were the first two songs by any band that I had memorized. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Who's Next?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Tcal and Numba and I seem to be from the same era ... Van Halen's and Boston's debut albums I completely wore out. Have them both on disc now and still regularly listen to them.

Also the Pretenders debut. Also Born to Run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

When I was 4 years old (1955) my parents gave me an old 78 of Hungarian gypsy music.  I had just learned how to use the turntable.  I scratched that album up so bad it had to be thrown out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Four gentlemen and one great, great broad...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlimPickensII. Show SlimPickensII's posts

I treated all my vinyl badly.  Still have most of it, and I'm sure there are still ... ahem, seeds rolling around in a few of them.   But the first one I wore out from multiple plays wasn't even an R&R album, but rather the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's collaboration with a bunch of Country greats, a 3 disc set called 'Will the Circle Be Unbroken'.  Got lots of weird looks and comments from my mid 70's Suburban peers about it,  but that was part of the attraction.  The music on it is still killer too.

Early Who albums,  'Happy Jack' in particular,  also got heavy, heavy turntable action.

Never a big fan of Boston,  but friends wore out 8 track versions of that one back in the day.  Blew out multiple car speakers with power boosters - purchased specifically for that album - too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

"Rubber Soul" - The Beatles...the first rock record I have any memory of listening to  (other than the AM radio in my mom's honda cvcc).

Also, for some reason, I completely wore down the the 45 single for "The Show Must Go On" by Three Dog Night...to a kid it must have sounded cool.

Not to mention the various 8-tracks reduced to tangles, especially The Dead's "Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)", and J. Geils' "Full House".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The first one I wore out was the Beach Boys' Endless Summer, but the one I wore out the fastest was Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"The Impossible Dream" story of the 1967 Red Sox Season.

I know it's not a music CD, but there was this great song about Carl Yastrzemski on side two and a poem read by Ken Coleman that brought tears of joy and sadness to the listeners ears ( provided the listen was a Sox fan..a Yankees fan would probably laugh) -cut it out, jesseyeric!!! , I am trying to be serious here!Laughing

As far as music LP's go , I had a state of the art turntable with a cartridge I would keep weighted properly so as to not skip or cause excess wear. I used protective vinyl spray made special to preserve the vinyl and ensure minimal wear. I was quite a stereofile in the earlier days of my music collecting. CD's changed all that and I only worry about two things now, keeping the CD's clean, the laser dust free and not exposing discs to sun( those CD car visors are killers!)...wait, that's 3 things, so I never really wore anything out since I was about 12 years old.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Album you wore out quickest:
    "The Impossible Dream" story of the 1967 Red Sox Season. I know it's not a music CD, but there was this great song about Carl Yastrzemski on side two and a poem read by Ken Coleman that brought tears of joy and sadness to the listeners ears ( provided the listen was a Sox fan..a Yankees fan would probably laugh) -cut it out, jesseyeric!!! , I am trying to be serious here! As far as music LP's go , I had a state of the art turntable with a cartridge I would keep weighted properly so as to not skip or cause excess wear. I used protective vinyl spray made special to preserve the vinyl and ensure minimal wear. I was quite a stereofile in the earlier days of my music collecting. CD's changed all that and I only worry about two things now, keeping the CD's clean, the laser dust free and not exposing discs to sun( those CD car visors are killers!)...wait, that's 3 things, so I never really wore anything out since I was about 12 years old.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I still canoot stop laughing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

zilla - my parents kept that with their copy of al hirt - whipped cream!

for me it was j geils, full house

Sections
Shortcuts