The "Distraction from Baseball" ID

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The "Distraction from Baseball" ID

Just a lame attempt to help the Sox fans move on.  Very sorry.  :(    

Music can help, so here's an ID for you all:

Go way back to the mid-60's.   Throw some acid on the rock, and some psychedelic sound while you're at it.  They occasionally ranked on Billboard back in their day, but were never as successful as contemporary Jefferson Airplane (from the rankings standpoint), however, they were equally if not more innovative.   There was lots of shady behavior, drugs, arrests (typical of the era, perhaps) and poaching from other bands as they formed into a band (and drugs continued to plague the group over the years).  Their eponymous debut album, ca. 1968, was distinctive San Francisco sound in its day.  They created their own sound, a far cry from Cream, another of their contemporaries.   One of the key, most influential members of the group, left the band for a period of time, but eventually became responsible for the band's rise.  They've lost some members to untimely deaths,  one notable from emphysema.  A tribute band formed for a while that included the son of one deceased original member and the brother of another deceased original member.  After a lengthy hiatus, two original band mates reformed the band in 2006, and are still performing.

ID this band.    

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID

Yes, music is as always a big help.

I always find peace in music.

Listened to Eric Clapton's 'Back Home' CD last night around midnight, EC always helps keep perspective on what's really important in life. I felt much better, not that a sports team losing is terminal, but when you devote countless hours to following them through a season you feel as drained as the athletes ( well, probably not, but it seems that way) and somewhat cheated when you are denied the postseason part of the ride.

I believe Greg has your answer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Greg beat me to it,he got it "Quick". 
    Well done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Greg got it. And "quick" is right.    :D

Nice that you capped a disappointing experience with some music that provided some perspective, Zilla.  Sports radio (98.5) is a good place to listen to back to back rants today, FWIW.  What a way to get a recap.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Personally, I am enjoying the suffering of RSN today Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I am enjoying the suffering of RSN today
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Don't forget you owe me a signature change in November. Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID : Don't forget you owe me a signature change in November.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Remind me Carnie - I forgot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I am enjoying the suffering of RSN today
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

The "bandwagon" fans are suffering the most. They are distressing over whether or not to stay fans or jump ship. Many of them are now watching pre-season Bruins hockey for the first time ever. That bandwagon is real full right now. Or they are cheering on Tom Brady from the Patriots bandwagon.

Us "real" Sox fans have been on this road before and we just carry on with our lives and keep the faith.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID : Remind me Carnie - I forgot.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]I'll message you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID : I'll message you
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Bet is gratiously paid, especially since we are in and you are not Tongue out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Is there any distraction from baseball right now?   Even music?   Nice sig line, JE, you are a man of your word.    ha ha.  :)

Been reading some of the news on BDC, Shaughnessy in particular, as his article has some of the best comments today from Sox fans.  I saw this comment, and thought Hfx would like to see it from a fellow local fan -- are you here today, Hfx?  It was in the comments from the DS article (among others that were outstanding, IMHO)  -- (am out the door, so I hope you all have a nice day, too)   Here you go:
    "From my spot in Nova Scotia I think you are bang on Dan. Watching most games this year I could not help but think someone caught up in numbers was doing all the recent buying. A review of some 2011 game footage might remind Mr Henry that one outfielder should occasionally put out enough effort to catch a ball and one pitcher should look a little sheepish about the gift he just threw rather than curl his lip about a failed super effort behind him. Tito was and is a class act and will no doubt wave to John Henry from the home dugout in mid June 2012 as he begins his second miracle with the Cubs."
    10/1/2011 5:49 AM EDT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The "Distraction from Baseball" ID : Bet is gratiously paid, especially since we are in and you are not
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Yeah, yeah. But I was at the greatest music festival in the world this weekend. Where Robert Plant, Del McCoury, David Bromberg, John Prine and Irma Thomas all kicked azz. I thought maybe you'd come out to the Pacific Ocean this year.