The Channel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

The Channel

Anyone else miss this place? I remember in the 80's they would have free Sunday concerts.. Sometimes some decent bands as well.. Saw so many shows there. Really miss that joint

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: The Channel

If I had the money that I spent at the Channel, The Rat, Spit, Axis, Avalon, and the Palace (out of place on this list, but we had a friend who was into the "disco" scene) I would be a very rich man.

Not saying anything about the on the way home stop in Chinatown for late night snacks/ feasting. ("out for life")

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Yup, definitely one of the last really good rock clubs in the city.  Saw Jon Butcher Axis, the James Montgomery Band, and many others there long ago.. One memory that really stands out for me was how humid and foggy that place would get in the Summer, and how cold it was in the Winter. I also remember trying to sneek into the Channels infamous VIP room, that's were the fun really happened(or so I was told).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

In Response to Re: The Channel:
    [QUOTE]If I had the money that I spent at the Channel, The Rat, Spit, Axis, Avalon, and the Palace (out of place on this list, but we had a friend who was into the "disco" scene) I would be a very rich man. Not saying anything about the on the way home stop in Chinatown for late night snacks/ feasting. ("out for life")
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

same here JK (including chinatown) Saw The Ramones many times at Channel.. B.A.D, Husker Du, The Specials, Jesus & Mary Chain... so many more.. Great place..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Channel : same here JK (including chinatown) Saw The Ramones many times at Channel.. B.A.D, Husker Du, The Specials, Jesus & Mary Chain... so many more.. Great place..
    Posted by leafswin27[/QUOTE]
    We were most likely at some of the same shows.  Don't forget the local scene....
    The Atlantics, New Man, Lyres, The Neighborhoods, Nervous Eaters, Scruffy The Cat etc etc.

If it wasn't for the fact that this video was filmed in New York, the drive could be another trip to the Channel,  we always seemed to be in a rush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

Really liked that place, saw Alice in Chains, The Fools, Blushing Brides, Physical Graphitti and more. You would always see a fight, somebody puking and it would be a very late night, guaranteed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Channel : We were most likely at some of the same shows.  Don't forget the local scene.... The Atlantics, New Man, Lyres, The Neighborhoods, Nervous Eaters, Scruffy The Cat etc etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xct0Upvxc0w If it wasn't for the fact that this video was filmed in New York, the drive could be another trip to the Channel,  we always seemed to be in a rush.

absolutely.. I saw Scruffy probably a dozen times. Mostly the Rat.. Loved the, Loved the Lyres and the Neighborhoods as well. Also sprinkle in Gang Green and the Dogmatics a few times

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Saw many fine shows there...including lots of good metal bands.

But I can't say that I miss it all that much...

...but what it lacked in charm, it made up for it with loudness and mayhem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]Saw many fine shows there...including lots of good metal bands. But I can't say that I miss it all that much... ...but what it lacked in charm, it made up for it with loudness and mayhem.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]
    There is a lot to be said for  loudness and mayhem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Channel : There is a lot to be said for  loudness and mayhem.

And proof that some places positively rocked in the 80s...

Sections
Shortcuts