The destination music festival: One Big Holiday, the 4-day/night adventure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The destination music festival: One Big Holiday, the 4-day/night adventure

"Band-oriented cruise vacations have been on the rise in recent years: the Weezer cruise, S.S. Coachella, the garage rock Bruise Cruise, R. Kelly's ill-fated Love Letter Cruise, to name a few.

My Morning Jacket is taking a different approach to this fad, with "One Big Holiday."  

At first glance, this festival seems similar to a cruise on land.

The band is "inviting" you all to Riviera Maya, Mexico, for a four-night concert "adventure" from January 26-30, 2014.  The festival will max out at 2500 attendees.  

"There will be a host of other activities like daily yoga classes, tequila tastings, theme nights, and more. Before the show, get your friends together and dine in one of many on-site restaurants featuring ethnic cuisines or hit the pre-show BBQ.  Remember that all drinks including beer, wine and premium liquor are yours for the taking, served in multiple bars and lounges throughout the property and are all included in the price of admission. After all - this is One Big Holiday!"

Consider this a FYI, nothing more.  It's apparently a trend, or fad, for music festival lovers who would prefer a spa-like experience over camping.   I'm not passing judgement: for a certain demographic, this will be a blast.  

I just have to interject, however, that unlimited drinking and yoga do not mix.   Laughing

http://mmjonebigholiday.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: The destination music festival: One Big Holiday, the 4-day/night adventure

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Colorado is always nice.  How about the Blues Brews festival in Telluride?

Yoga, you don't have to drink in an unlimited fashion.   Just drink, smoke and eat intermittently.  hehe

Blues Brews festival?   Now that must attract a fun crowd.  :P

Telluride would be quite the place for a music festival.     But yoga in Colorado, especially Boulder, would be a bit much.   Too many fitness fanatics.   

There was a photo of a yoga session, on the website for the One Big Holiday festival, and the people in the photo looked like they were struggling.  Funny.   A yoga teaching gig at a music festival would be casual and fun, no doubt about it.  

I've missed a number of yoga sessions due to eating at the wrong interval -- but I've never tried drinking "close" to the edge, and never even considered it.   Surprised?  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: The destination music festival: One Big Holiday, the 4-day/night adventure

As with all things artistic, it's obviously just horses for courses, right? (i.e. Secretariat was no Red Rum, and Red Rum was no Secretariat).

And it is/should be mainly about the music.

But a rock'n'roll "Cruise"?  Words fail me.

A "Hippie" section?  A "Family" section?  How dull, how sad, to partition people off from one another.

Sections
Shortcuts