The Doors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Doors

I'm a big fan of Morrison - even though he was an overrated drunk. :-)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I love the Doors.

My memories of them in the 60's and early 1970 are a handful of singles ( Light My Fire... Hello, I love You...Riders on the Storm) , but I really started listening to them intently in the later 70's. 'People Are Strange' is one of my favorite songs, I love the lyrics, I love the Manzarek keyboard work.

This is one band where the whole may have been better than the sum of the parts. They influenced many alternative era bands and I believe they were one of the earliest groups to play Gothic style rock music.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Morrison's philosophy was summed up in the words 'Break on through to the other side'.  The idea that there's another world beyond this world we call 'reality' and that you can get in touch with it if you really try.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to bellhorn_'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

who doesn't like the Doors, but the extent of Morrison's 'breaking through to the other side' was drinking a whole lot of whiskey, passing out and then breaking through to the reality of the next afternoon......at which time he'd commence breaking through again.

[/QUOTE]

That's not fair at all.  Morrison was about much more than whiskey.  It's well documented that he could ingest and tolerate more LSD than anyone else on the planet.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

It's well documented that he could ingest and tolerate more LSD than anyone else on the planet

Celebrity trip-off: Jim Morrison v. Hunter S. Thompson ?

[/QUOTE]

LOL yes, that would be a good one.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts