The perfect song....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The perfect song....

The perfect song….Should it

Inspire you,

Makes you feel happy,

Make you feel Sad,

Make you want to hit someone

Have you dancing even though you don’t know how.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The perfect song....

Wow...I would say a perfect song should deliver a great message, or make you feel ecstatic, or both.

Perfect is a tricky word, though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

...is different for everyone. For me, the perfect song makes me bang my head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: The perfect song....:
    [QUOTE]...is different for everyone. For me, the perfect song makes me bang my head.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Exactly digger

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

A perfect song takes you to a place that you need to be. The thing is that this same song may not be perfect a week later when you hear it because you are in a totally different place at the time.

And digger is correct.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I usually go about my day without wearing my deepest emotions on my sleeve or even feeling or being keenly aware of them at all.  The perfect song magically draws me into its world and fills me with those emotions that usually take a back seat to the candy coated ones of the daily grind.  The perfect song is one that inspires a flash of anger if anyone interrupts it because not only does it break the spell it tells me that person doesn't "get it" with me, and I've always been a sharer.  It's one I want to play again and again to keep feeling how it makes me feel.  It draws out the real me whether it inspires anger, joy, loss, or whatever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

there are perfect songs for all moods...

i vote for "a day in the life"

for me, it just encompasses everything that any songwriter tries to put into a song.  empathy, disenchantment, appreciation, breakdown, chaos, resolution, and much more.

a lot of people would say happiness is a warm gun, and to an extent i agree...in the same manner that i think in this newer age of music, paranoid android by radiohead falls into the same vein. inspired by happiness is a warm gun, three separate songs put into one intense arrangement that takes you through an array of emotions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]there are perfect songs for all moods... i vote for "a day in the life" for me, it just encompasses everything that any songwriter tries to put into a song.  empathy, disenchantment, appreciation, breakdown, chaos, resolution, and much more. a lot of people would say happiness is a warm gun, and to an extent i agree...in the same manner that i think in this newer age of music, paranoid android by radiohead falls into the same vein. inspired by happiness is a warm gun, three separate songs put into one intense arrangement that takes you through an array of emotions.
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    Good call

For second I would go with "A Quick One, While He's Away" by the Who
    It covers a whole gambit of emotions.

But I would say there are different perfect song for different occasions

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Heart Of Gold.

Two and a half minutes of genuine bliss that sums up life, love and loss and yet still uplifts and transcends our banal earthly existence regardless of mood or circumstance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

good choice, great song. agreed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]...is different for everyone. For me, the perfect song makes me bang my head.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Well I'm an axegrinder, piledriver
    my mother says that I never,never mind her
    got no brains, I'm insane
    teacher says that I'm one big pain
    I'm like a laser, six string razor
    I got a mouth like an alligator
    I want it louder, more power
    I'm gonna rock till it strikes the hour

Bang your head!!!!
    Metal health'll drive you mad!
    Bang your head!
    Metal health'll drive you mad!!!

Well , I'm frustrated, outdated
    I really want to be over-rated
    I'm a finder and a keeper
    I'm not a loser and I ain't no weeper-(from the late, great Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot)

Let's see Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber beat that for perfection.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice Zilla, Quiet Riot Bang your head.  Another that inspired youthful emotions back in the day,Twisted Sister We're not gonna take it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

I don't know if there is a perfect song for me. Perfect is so absolute. I like some songs with great words where the music is second fiddle like "The Boxer" for instance. And I like other songs that the rythem, beat and arrangement are so good you can plug in almost any words and the song would still be great like "Satisfaction".  That's a hard question for me...perfect. 

BTW...Great acoustic arrangement on "The Boxer" I just needed and example. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I can list a hundred of them, but I won't. I will give you one that you may not think of and that is Photograph by Def Leppard. For me, it was the pefect song of the 80's. It was hard hitting & raw but perfectly melodic with just enough cross-over appeal to basically change the landscape of the 80's decade from that point on. And having a great video to go with it didn't hurt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I submit "No Time" by the Guess Who. I've always loved that song.

Oh, and Guess Who is terribly underrated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Little Wing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I submit "No Time" by the Guess Who. I've always loved that song. Oh, and Guess Who is terribly underrated.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Agreed Lloyd, that's a song that I have loved since I first heard it. Other great Guess Who songs, "Undun" and "American Woman"...those were the days when most of the top 40 singles were worth listening to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

"Perfect" - The The

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh22k6PmfP0&feature=related

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Heart Of Gold. Two and a half minutes of genuine bliss that sums up life, love and loss and yet still uplifts and transcends our banal earthly existence regardless of mood or circumstance.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

This reminded me of a music festival I attended once in the long, long ago -- in the before time -- where Willie Nelson was the primary draw and Neil Young was featured . . .   and I specifically remember Neil mentioning as an intro to this song:

"Even if you've never heard of me . . .   you've heard of this."

Cool

But above and beyond that, I think Jessey makes a good point. For me, music does two things . . .  it locates memories in time and place and also acts as a catalyst for emotion. So, you can be in the mood for a certain song, or a song can put you in a certain mood, or it may be that some music simply takes you away from your mood and allows you to get lost within it. Whatever the case,  the "perfect" song wears many hats and I would not even begin to try to identify a song that was "perfect" at all times and in all situations.

Such a song, in my opinion, does not exist.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well said.  But, I do have one song like that for all time.  Laugh if you want, but it's Annie's Song by John Denver.  It takes me to my first dance with my husband; I sang it to him as we danced (no one else could hear; I wasn't mic'd).  I tried to desensitise myself to it before the wedding by listening to it on continuous play to and from work every day for 2 months.  It didn't work.  I cried every time it played.  Somehow, though, I didn't that night.  It also takes me back to my childhood when my mom would cry at it - she was divorced and sad.  I might have been 5, but I understood more than she thought.

So, Annie's Song.  There, I said it.  It's my perfect song.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What p-mike says is so true.

And then there is the "perfectly awful song."

If such a think as a "perfect song" doesn't exist, then the opposite must be true of "perfectly awful song."

Too many of these exist and someone with a sick sense of humor insists on playing them until I want to scream. Katy Perry,Rhianna and the Black Eyed Peas anyone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love Sting, but Roxanne bugs me every time.  I'm never in a mood that makes it less annoying.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

OK this is beginning to annoy me, I keep hearing a song that I haven't heard for a while and think wow that's it the perfect song, so this morning running to the store to get milk so JR can have his Coco Puffs I heard Leadbelly by Pearl Jam and I'm now positive that this is now the perfect song

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]What p-mike says is so true. And then there is the "perfectly awful song." If such a think as a "perfect song" doesn't exist, then the opposite must be true of "perfectly awful song." Too many of these exist and someone with a sick sense of humor insists on playing them until I want to scream. Katy Perry,Rhianna and the Black Eyed Peas anyone?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

My kid plays the Black Eyed Peas to make me leave his room, and it's working

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The perfect song.... : My kid plays the Black Eyed Peas to make me leave his room, and it's working
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I can understand that. Smart kid.

I think If I was that smart as a kid, I could have avoided my dad for years by playing Alice Cooper. But I liked my dad, so I guess it all works out in the end.

Perhaps when your kid wants to ask for some money , you can play Bob Seger or something and he will leave you alone?