The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Re: The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain

Give more Info on the CD, I would give it a listen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain:
    Damned F'ing right! I'm a MUCH better guitar player, writer, arranger and (now) conductor, at 50 than I EVER was at 25 (hoity toity Berklee jazz snob with my head up my a55.) But no one wants to even give the CD a listen, cuz, we're, OLD GUYS, now. I get it.  But WT-F?  I'm BETTER!
    Posted by GreginMeffa

i'm 25. teach me everything you know, and with our powers combined we can kick some serious a55. my band added a trumpet and a sax player, arrange us and play some lead!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I couldn't help but notice you didn't list "promoter" among all the things at which you are awesome.

More's the pity.

Cool

(and not for nuthin' . . .  but I should hope to Christ you're better at what you do after 25 years. What are  you looking for here . . .  a Lifetime Non-Acheivment Medal?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In a recent episode of "The Middle", the mum buys a big new HDTV for the purpose of watching the royal wedding.   On the day of the wedding, she gets up and turns on the tv, only to find that it's not working, and she begins to scream out for help from the rest of the family, all of whom are in bed. 

The teenage daughter comes running out to the livingroom and cries out, "What happened?  DID JUSTIN BIEBER DIE??" 

I'm not sure if this helps, Greg, but I thought it was pretty funny. 

Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I would give anything to be 50 again.

Greg - you are just a young whippersnapper. Stop complaining

Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

50 is the new 35, at least it is in my house.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My question is:

How does yogafriend feel about the fact that most of us are "old guys?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Nothing for nothing, but my most anticipated show of the summer (so far) is a four-day festival headlined by a band fronted by two guys who are 64 and 71, respectively:

Bob Weir and Phil Lesh

Also appearing at the same venue: Dr. John, Taj Mahal, Elvis Costello, Levon Helm and two other members of the Grateful Dead, Micky Hart and Bill Kreutzmann - none of whom are spring chickens by any means.

Nevertheless, my nieces and nephews are constantly amazed that I keep up with "their" music, too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain:
    My question is: How does yogafriend feel about the fact that most of us are "old guys?"
    Posted by ZILLAGOD
    Well, what a little gem of a question.

Not sure I'd call myself a kid, but I need to keep my vital stats offline for reasons of overall privacy and security.  Offline, I have no problem at all, and that includes my weight, which many women seem to thnk is more of a private issue than their age or salary.  :D

I don't pick my friends according to their age, and I've always had friends of all ages.  Little kids talk to me like I am "one of them" and I can talk to a 75 year-old and be "all in", too.  An older woman started talking to me in CVS one day (we were reaching for the same item) and 15 minutes later she said she hoped she'd run into me again because talking to me was so much fun. She thought I was a kid, so that was nice, too.  :)

But overall, what has made this my favorite forum is the topic (of course) and the forum members who give their input to the discussions.  If there is a priority in my life, it is to surround myself with ways to learn and people to learn from.

So I stick around because you are all damn smart, entertaining, fun, and I learn from you.  We have discussions here and can disagree and it never becomes contentious or unpleasant, and that means a lot to me.  And you, Zilla, must be doing something "right" in the Sox forum to have attracted what seem to be top quality music lovers who have migrated here from that forum. Even though my knowledge is a mere fraction of what others have to offer, I do feel respected and valued for my contributions, and hope I bring that little feminine "thang" that rounds out the group.  :D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

jkj's random facts blow my mind...matty is probably the most well-read music fan i've ever communicated with in terms of covering all the bases and backing them up. jesse and zilla know their stuff too, and they have a pretty amusing back and forth routine going on.

and of course, yoga...the glue that keeps these threads organized, from being tangent upon tangent upon tangent.

i think i might have your age pegged to a 3 year range based on how strongly you feel about certain things or artists and little nuggets you have dropped throughout all your posts. clues, if you will.

i am 25, i don't care who knows my age, bring it on Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I feel strongly about ...?  OH, I know.  I feel strongly about being given credit when I am right.  A rare occurance, ha ha. 

Not sure I'm the glue that prevents tangents (okay, sometimes) as much as I create a lot of threads that produce tangents.   I'd say both.  :)

PS I should have said earlier, my main yoga mentor is 50-ish, and if you could see her body, well, let's put it this way, she's a good example of age being just a number.  Seriously, she is amazing; I see her all the time and I am in a constant state of awe.  My other yoga mentor just turned 41.  I can only aspire to be more like them; they provide infinite inspiration.  :)  

I admit, I do love telling people who know litte about yoga that I can do advanced headstands "no sweat" (headstand from a straddle position) -- the reaction I get is awesome fun.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

you feel strongly about Sarah McLachlan

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

many thanks for the compliment, ph...

...right back atcha....

[I'm just full of useless info; my wife is the same way.  She can name any 80s tune/artist within a couple of notes, and her sports trivia knowledge puts most guys to shame.  We have since been banned by both friends and family from EVER playing on the same team during parlor games.]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain:
    many thanks for the compliment, ph... ...right back atcha.... [I'm just full of useless info; my wife is the same way.  She can name any 80s tune/artist within a couple of notes, and her sports trivia knowledge puts most guys to shame.  We have since been banned by both friends and family from EVER playing on the same team during parlor games.]
    Posted by MattyScornD

thanks bro...we should all meet up at Kings for trivia, i went there once and it was decent. we would DESTROY the competition.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: The problem with youth, is that it is wasted on the young - Mark Twain : thanks bro...we should all meet up at Kings for trivia, i went there once and it was decent. we would DESTROY the competition.
    Posted by phsmith8

is that the trivia network?  nntn or something?  I tried that once down in FL...I won $50.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Just to blow my own horn, I'm pretty good at trivia too. (Makes me think of The Move's song "Useless Information").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6fsYJxpBj0

My best subjects are entertainment and sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

there is bar trivia everywhere these days, usually its teams and has a prize towards whatever bar it is. it's a load of fun

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

There was a guy on the LL blog who used to talk about going  to a bar every week for trivia night.  Got a few other people interested.    BTW, I abandoned the blog a long time ago (variety of reasons) and it seems you gave it up pretty quickly, too.  Nice, fun people.  But so repetitive. 

Do you mean King's in Allston/Brighton?

I know I can't kick anyone's azz in trivia, but I can totally kick azz in yoga, and I'm firm on that.  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

There was a guy on the LL blog who used to talk about going  to a bar every week for trivia night.  Got a few other people interested.    BTW, I abandoned the blog a long time ago (variety of reasons) and it seems you gave it up pretty quickly, too.  Nice, fun people.  But so repetitive.  Do you mean King's in Allston/Brighton? I know I can't kick anyone's azz in trivia, but I can totally kick azz in yoga, and I'm firm on that. 
    Posted by yogafriend

yeah i thought it was fun and it gave me something to do to make the day pass, but it got lame really quickly.

plus, you weren't there :)

Sections
Shortcuts