The Remains - "America's Lost Band"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

The Remains - "America's Lost Band"

I mentioned the Remains recently, and thought I'd post a few of their tracks for those that haven't been exposed to them.  Some may be familiar.  This is "Why Do I Cry":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Egk5FNdi9w

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: The Remains - "America's Lost Band"

"Don't Look Back":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ne_H5HL88

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

"All Good Things":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3oeIzyQRN4

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

One more thing, the Wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Remains

Oddly, it doesn't mention that two of them, Barry Tashian and Billy Briggs, were original members of the Flying Burrito Brothers, FWIW.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thanks Chili - will definitely give a listen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: The Remains - "America's Lost Band":
    [QUOTE]One more thing, the Wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Remains Oddly, it doesn't mention that two of them, Barry Tashian and Billy Briggs, were original members of the Flying Burrito Brothers, FWIW.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Wiki isn't 100 percent accurate, as you know.  :)

Not sure why the documentary was called "America's Lost Band", which is rather definitive -- and not "A Lost American Band" which is probably more suitable (here I am not knowing anything about the band picking nits -- ha ha, sorry) -- if only because there are countless bands that fit into the "lost potential" category.  The Remains are not the only one.  Was it a bigger deal because they are a 1960s generation band?

At any rate, the tracks are good.   Thanks.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: The Remains -

Already have enjoyed "Don't Look Back" for many years due to my heavy listening of my Nuggets collections. Never delved into them any further but that one song is a big favorite of mine. "Why Do I Cry" is also a good tune off of the Nuggets box set that I only recently started getting into. I really like the sound this band put out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Remains - "America's Lost Band" : Wiki isn't 100 percent accurate, as you know.  :) Not sure why the documentary was called "America's Lost Band", which is rather definitive -- and not "A Lost American Band" which is probably more suitable (here I am not knowing anything about the band picking nits -- ha ha, sorry) -- if only because there are countless bands that fit into the "lost potential" category.  The Remains are not the only one.  Was it a bigger deal because they are a 1960s generation band? At any rate, the tracks are good.   Thanks.  :)
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rule out poetic license!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

It's always amused and frustrated me that so many Bostonians have never heard of the Remains and think the Standells are from Boston.  Incredible!  The Standells had never set foot in Boston before the song "Dirty Water" was released....and it was their manager Ed Cobb that wrote it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Remains - "America's Lost Band" : I wouldn't rule out poetic license!

Yes, and I've also heard of hyperbole (Note: I admitted I was being a nitpicker, didn't I?)    :)    
    But what ever you say, since I'm the one who isn't familiar with them -- and thanks to you, I've gained some knowledge.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: The Remains -:
    [QUOTE]Already have enjoyed "Don't Look Back" for many years due to my heavy listening of my Nuggets collections. Never delved into them any further but that one song is a big favorite of mine. "Why Do I Cry" is also a good tune off of the Nuggets box set that I only recently started getting into. I really like the sound this band put out.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Nuggets is great.  Do you have Pebbles?  I actually prefer Pebbles slightly....it's mostly rougher, more primitive tracks from even less well-known 60s Garage bands which is more my sort of thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Remains - : Nuggets is great.  Do you have Pebbles?  I actually prefer Pebbles slightly....it's mostly rougher, more primitive tracks from even less well-known 60s Garage bands which is more my sort of thing.

Don't have any Pebbles. Probably should check it out. I love garage rock.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Remains - : Don't have any Pebbles. Probably should check it out. I love garage rock.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

If you love Garage Rock (and don't know them already) I'll recommend Los Peyotes.
    Their "El Humo Te Hace Mal" is a modern Garage classic but they are no one-"hit" wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_313KMF873A