The Sad Tale Of Billy Squier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: The Sad Tale Of Billy Squier

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

As far as Freddie being closeted - I would argue that he was very open regarding his bi-sexuality and for that Queen "lost" their American audience as a result - keeping in mind that all happened around '80 to '82 their last US tour.

Thanks for keeping me honest.  To clarify:

I was talking more about Freddie's HIV status in relation to the culture as a whole and the fact that a lot of what we know consider commonplace was not nearly as shareable.  All that I've read describe Mercury as a sensitive, private person, as many artists - LGBT or not - sometimes are. 

I believe that people who loved the music...loved the music regardless of his sexuality.  As the 80s indeed saw a drop in quality for the band, I think that alienated more fans than anything else.

Re: Billy Squier - the backlash from the culture-at-large was not only ancillary to the music, but it was ironically the opposite of the persona he had fomented: the overtly sexy, writhing, jagger-esque rocker. (see also: M. Hutchence)

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Richard Simmons laughs at that video.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am back - sux being on vacation with bronchitis, but you have to do what you have to do. 

As for Billy - great musician and excellent live performer. Saw him when D.L. was his opening band and with Ringo's A.S. band.

The video killed him. He should have killed whoever came up with the concept. 

My Kind Of Lover - great RnR song.

Sections
Shortcuts