The Saw Doctors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

The Saw Doctors

The great little band from Tuam returns to Boston this Friday night at the House of Blues.  These guys always put on a rollicking show and they are out in support of their latest album, The Further Adventures of The Saw Doctors.

Judging from what many of you post, I would wager that a lot of you would love this band...wish I could remember your names...I'd invite you personally.

Anyone reading this planning to go?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: The Saw Doctors

Fun group from what I've heard, and I've only heard a little.  They remind me a bit of Flogging Molly, whom I've seen and liked a couple of times.

Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to see Deer Tick that night.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin. Show leafswin's posts

spent my Irish music money on the two pogues showsSmile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

In Response to Re: The Saw Doctors:
    [QUOTE]spent my Irish music money on the two pogues shows
    Posted by leafswin[/QUOTE]

I don't think of the Saw Doctors as "Irish music," though some songs like "green and red Of Mayo" certainly have that Celtic feel.  But most of their songs are just straight ahead rock or folk. The latest single, "Hazared," is psychodelic rock without a hint of Celt. Davy Carton seems to have shed his accent for this particular track.  (Although it is ABOUT Ireland - the subtitle is "The Country is F***ed.")

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeamusNH. Show SeamusNH's posts

A group of us Saw Doctors fans will be at The Landsdown Show from about 5 onward tonight.  Kind of like a tailgate, but indoors...  After the show we hope to get the band out to Jillians...  They are known for socializing with fans after the shows...
    They are the third best selling band of all time from Ireland, behind U2 and the Pogues and ahead of the Cranberries, the Corrs, and others...  They are not a trad band in the way of the Cheiftains, but you will know that they are Irish given the topics of most of the songs...  Voted Europe's best live band one year, they put on a great live show.  They are like the Grateful Dead of Ireland attracting a mixed group of avid fans that know the words to every song...  Lots of audience participation....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

I have never heard of them, but from what I am reading here, I am very intrigued.