The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it)

As we've discussed many times, the basis for all rock music, when you distill it, is SEX.  Bootay.  A given --- rrrrright?  Rather than debate the sexiness of the songs of one band :) -- let's make some noise about all the other bands that have blasted them out.  

So, what are some of the sexiest songs in your opinion?    Some don't have lyrics; the instrumentation is sexy in itself.   Is raunchy sexy?  That's up to you.  :D

Have at it.  

NOTE: Interpret this any way you like.  Sexy goes with romance quite nicely, if you see it that way.  :)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it)

Some songs are erotically suggestive.  Some are just lewd and lascivious! 

One of the earlier songs that really caught my attention as being about sex in an interesting way was 'Time of the Season' by the Zombies.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

These are all some of the sexiest acts I know:

Massive Attack - "Inertia Creeps", etc....

Portishead - "Glory Box", etc...

T. Rex - "Bang A Gong", "Jeepster", etc....

Prince - "Darling Nikki", "If I Was Your Girlfriend", etc....

Morphine - "Good", "Thursday", "Super Sex", etc....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hawkmoon 269.  Not only are the lyrics subtly suggestive but the building of the music to a feverish crescendo screams sex to me - the drums carry this one there.

Like the hot needs the sun
    Like honey on her tongue
    Like the muzzle of a gun
    Like oxygen
    I need your love (I need your love)

When the night has no end
    And the day yet to begin
    As the room spins around
    I need your love

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sade's music has to be considered some of the sexiest music of all time. Her voice alone can make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Marvin Gaye when in that mode could cause couples to jump in bed in a heartbeat. I think Barry White did the same for couples during the disco era.

There is a difference between sexy music (mood) and that which is outright blatant (slaps you in the face) like Sweet Cherry Pie. I tend to call that sleaze rock, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with and of which I am a huge fan of.

David Coverdale wrote some of the sexiest Rock songs I have ever heard. He had a way of mixing the sensual with lust & wham, bam, thank you Ma'am.

Still of the Night
    Slow and Easy
    Slide It In
    Is This Love

The Power Ballad of the 80's became extremely huge because of its cross-over appeal with the female gender. For years, Hard Rock/Heavy Metal was for Denim & Leather clad boys. The Power Ballad had the young ladies join us as most of those songs were geared towards love, sexy heartbreak and insatiable thirst for mutual satisfaction. And once you added in the high budget videos, anything was possible.

Still of the Night is not just a song, it is a musical event for the eyes and ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es63CNwm71c&feature=fvst

And in 1987, there wasn't a guy between the ages of 14 - 35 that didn't lose their minds over Tawny Kittaen and a woman who didn't daydream at the posing of the band members. Young women loved guys with poofed hair and don't deny it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In the early-mid Sixties you had a kind of PG-rated, sanitized image of teenage lust with the Beach Boys and other bands with songs about hot rods and hanging at the beach with those gorgeous California surfer girls in bikinis.  I mean, what a fantasy for a nerdy young guy...like me...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From the blatant songs to the subtle,sex sells.I have to agree with Jessey about the difference between sexy and sleazy,but I too am a big fan of both.In the 80's,MTV added pictures to the music and in a lot of cases added sexiness or sleaze,depending on the song and video.A couple of my favorite sleazy (for lack of a better term) videos and songs which are as subtle as a sledgehammer to the head

The Divinyl's - I touch myself: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the girl:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyu04pqC8lE

Of course there's subtle songs like

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOxCqSxRD0

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

In Response to Re: The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it):
    [QUOTE]These are more lusty than sexy, but like everything, "sexy" is in the eye of the beholder. Some people like dirty talk...  Rocket Queen - G n' R  (great song though) Anything Goes - G n' R  (never liked it) Gloria - (as covered by The Doors , with Morrison's/Ray's particularly dirty lines inserted during live performances). Whole Lotta Love / The Lemon Song - Zepp. Brown Sugar - Stones (and I really dislike that song. Obnoxious, imo). Closer - NIN And for raunchy...    the little known... "Moist V*gina" - Nirvana. No I don't even have it, but I know it's something they played sometimes. May have been a "B-side" (to the extent the term makes sense in the modern context) to their All Apologies single.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

The message is so well hidden.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]These are more lusty than sexy, but like everything, "sexy" is in the eye of the beholder. Some people like dirty talk...  Rocket Queen - G n' R  (great song though) Anything Goes - G n' R  (never liked it) Gloria - (as covered by The Doors , with Morrison's/Ray's particularly dirty lines inserted during live performances). Whole Lotta Love / The Lemon Song - Zepp. Brown Sugar - Stones (and I really dislike that song. Obnoxious, imo). Closer - NIN And for raunchy...    the little known... "Moist V*gina" - Nirvana. No I don't even have it, but I know it's something they played sometimes. May have been a "B-side" (to the extent the term makes sense in the modern context) to their All Apologies single.

Did you just say Brown SUgar is obnoxious and then type a song by Nine Inch Nails?

lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]From the blatant songs to the subtle,sex sells.I have to agree with Jessey about the difference between sexy and sleazy,but I too am a big fan of both.In the 80's,MTV added pictures to the music and in a lot of cases added sexiness or sleaze,depending on the song and video.A couple of my favorite sleazy (for lack of a better term) videos and songs which are as subtle as a sledgehammer to the head The Divinyl's - I touch myself:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM Red Hot Chili Peppers - Breaking the girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyu04pqC8lE Of course there's subtle songs like Chris Isaak - Wicked Game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOxCqSxRD0  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Wicked game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All those who have not had a boooty call while that song was playing, please raise your hand Tongue out.

No hands - thought so Smile

Wow: b-o-o-t-y is a censored word here. I am very scared.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Raunch has never been sexy to me.  It has the exact opposite effect on me, and it's not just because I'm middle-aged now. Some of my favorites include 'Let's Get it On' by Marvin Gaye,  and "I'll Take You There" by the Staple Singers. Nick Hornby talks about how he always thought that 'Samba Pa Ti', that beautiful Santana instrumental, was about sex.  And I agree.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the intentions of Samba Pa Ti, but this is certainly another song that can take ones mind to the most softest of places.

Good choice Slim.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Squeeze Box," by the Who.
    "Lemon Song," by Zeppelin.
    "Back Door Man," by the Doors. (Trivia question: Who wrote it, an no cheating).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it):
    [QUOTE] the basis for all rock music, when you distill it, is SEX. 
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I do not agree with this.

I could list dozens, maybe hundreds of songs that have absolutely no relationship to sex. Here's a few:

Won't Get Fooled Again-The Who
    The Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult
    Come Together-The Beatles
    State Of Confusion-The Kinks
    Smoke On The Water-Deep Purple
    Flight Of Icarus-Iron Maiden
    The Manhattan Project-Rush
    Perry Mason-Ozzy Osbourne
    Synchronicity - The Police
    Born To Be Wild-Steppenwolf
    ...and I could go on and on.

Yes, there are a large amount of Rock songs written about sex, but there are at least as many and more, that are not.

In honor of HFSoxnut, I am going to list one of his favorites , which does have to do with sex ( I'm sure)...Deep Purple's 'Hard Lovin' Man.'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Im not really into "sexy" or sexy songs.. but one guy that comes to mind is Bryan Ferry. I guess Slave to Love can fall into that category. also some of his Roxy Music stuff... I always loved Dire Straits, Romero and Juliet.. that could also fit this category.. also maybe some stuff by Aztec Camera

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Jeff Buckley- Lover, You Should've Come Over

It's never over, my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder
    It's never over, all my riches for her smiles when i slept so soft against her
    It's never over, all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter
    It's never over, she's the tear that hangs inside my song forever

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it) : I do not agree with this. I could list dozens, maybe hundreds of songs that have absolutely no relationship to sex. Here's a few: Won't Get Fooled Again-The Who The Reaper-Blue Oyster Cult Come Together-The Beatles State Of Confusion-The Kinks Smoke On The Water-Deep Purple Flight Of Icarus-Iron Maiden The Manhattan Project-Rush Perry Mason-Ozzy Osbourne Synchronicity - The Police Born To Be Wild-Steppenwolf ...and I could go on and on. Yes, there are a large amount of Rock songs written about sex, but there are at least as many and more, that are not. In honor of HFSoxnut, I am going to list one of his favorites , which does have to do with sex ( I'm sure)...Deep Purple's 'Hard Lovin' Man.'
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Okay, I should not have used the superlative "all" -- but from what we've discussed here many times, it's the basis for quite a bit of it.  :D    But I do stand corrected on your point.  

Nonetheless, it's fun to see the list that's growing in this thread.  What more can I say?  It's all good?   :D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Me neither. (Talk about grammar issues). An awful lot is. But an awful lot isn't. How many Nirvana songs are about sex? Are ANY Alice in Chains songs about sex? (Even "Love Hate Love" isn't about sex; it's about love, or rather, broken/twisted relationships). Are ANY Tool songs about sex? Is Bonzo's Montreaux about sex? Or just an awesome drum bit. Punk is generally about anger at/resistance to various societal/governmental things. Death Metal is about scrawny men trying to sound scary; oh, and "death." Actually scratch that. I do not really know what Death Metal is about because I can never quite decipher what it is the "singer" is vomiting so profusely about. Etc. Musicians cover all sorts of subjects. And with many bands, it's more about a vague mood than a particular subject.

Agree.  

The song could be about the sun setting and still be sexy.  To YOU.

I didn't say that songs had to have to *DO* with sex necessarily to be sexy -- they might not even have lyrics at all.   Just re-read my OP  -- I didn't say anything about the subject matter.  

Here's one for me:

Missionary Man -- The Eurythmics (heard it last night and the beat along with the harmonica, I tell you, is very sexy)   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it) : I do not agree with this. I could list dozens, maybe hundreds of songs that have absolutely no relationship to sex. Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Perhaps.

But how many of the bands you mentioned started for the simple reason that "it was a great way to meet girls, socialize, etc."....??

I won't deny some altruism in rock music or the existence of pure talent (or art in general), but it's hard to count just how many times I've heard an artist offer a variation on the above sentiment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Here's one for me: Missionary Man -- The Eurythmics (heard it last night and the beat along with the harmonica, I tell you, is very sexy)    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Q3cp3cp88  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Another good call.

Annie could order a cheese sandwich, and it would sound pretty hot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it) : No! Fire and brimstone for you! (Sulfur may be added for an additional charge of $1.50).

LOL that was funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it) : Perhaps. But how many of the bands you mentioned started for the simple reason that "it was a great way to meet girls, socialize, etc."....?? I won't deny some altruism in rock music or the existence of pure talent (or art in general), but it's hard to count just how many times I've heard an artist offer a variation on the above sentiment.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Classic moment in The Last Waltz movie when Robbie Robertson tells the story of how Ronnie Hawkins lured him into being in his band.  'You won't make much money, but you'll get more (sex) than Frank Sinatra.' 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's amazing how much more tolerant society has become.It wasn't that long ago when the Rolling Stones were made to change the words of "Let's spend the night together" to "Let's spend some time together" on the Ed Sullivan show.

Lloyd,I believe Backdoor Man was written by the great Willie Dixon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Sexiest Songs (let's run with it) : No! Fire and brimstone for you! (Sulfur may be added for an additional charge of $1.50).

Too funny -- especially since I posted "Missionary Man" as a sexy song -- after agreeing with your other comment -- and before I saw this one.

Since the thread is about hotness, sure, add the sulphur.  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Maybe I just skimmed through this, but I can't believe nobody mentioned James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine

Here are a few more:

Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
    What Does Sex Mean to Me? - Human Sexual Response
    You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
    Big Ten Inch Record - Aerosmith
    Night Moves - Bob Seger

Sections
Shortcuts