The song? The band?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The song? The band?

I'm planning to create a post for the band that's the answer to the following question -- just thought I'd pose an ID first.   Is anyone out there?

This is a multipart question:

A singer/songwriter wrote the song.  On the demo tape, he sang all of the vocals, and played all of the instruments (double-tracked and overdubbed).  It took less than an hour to complete.

The song was presented to a band who recorded it and made it popular, selling over a million copies.  The stipulation for recording the song was that the songwriter insisted that it be recorded "exactly" like it sounded on the demo tape.  

Who wrote the song?
    Name the song.
    What band recorded it and made it popular?

Clue:  The song was released as a vinyl single back in the day.  It was released about 25-30 years later on an album by the band of the original songwriter.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: The song? The band?

Real Love - Beatles

only guessing as I know John did release some version of this way back when.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Like Jessey,I too think it was a Beatle who wrote it.My guess is the song was called "Come and get it" written by Paul McCartney and performed by Badfinger.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

I''l take a shot ---

Song    Free as a Bird

Artist   Lennon

Band    Beatles

I am also thinking possibly Todd Rundgren?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: The song? The band?:
     Like Jessey,I too think it was a Beatle who wrote it.My guess is the song was called "Come and get it" written by Paul McCartney and performed by Badfinger.
    Posted by mrmojo1120

3 for 3.    Spot on. 

Mrmojo is on a roll, don't you know?  :)  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Mis-read the question - thought the original composer had released the song. My bad. Good question Yogi.

Sections
Shortcuts