The song?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

The song?

The song-writer was 12 when he wrote this song.

It was one of the first songs that featured a Moog synthie solo; it was also possibly the breakthrough song for the Moog as an instrument.

Released as a single, and an album track; re-released as a single 3-years later, when it charted (again) in the US and Canada.  

The song is impossible to perform on stage in the way it was done on the album.

Name the song.  

PS If you know it and want to wait ... that's fine.  But feel free to go for it.   I have a feeling this one won't be too tough.   3 -- 2 -- 1 -- ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: The song?

Unscramble the letters for the answer to the question:

A Y L N K U M C 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, I was fooled because the songwriter and the Moog Synthesizer player are not the same guy.

My first thought was Keith Emerson, but I couldn't connect a song he wrote to fit.

I was on the right track , I just boarded the wrong train.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Obviously the song was written by Mr. Greg Lake whom happened to be in a band with Keith Emerson.

That wasn't needed Mojo.

Yogi - you said it cannot be performed live as it was recorded. That probaly goes for 50% of music.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

FTR - I like to think that Daily Nightly (Monkees) is the song which featured the Moog as the prominient instrument, botd lead and verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWRjWOowkc

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

You're all so smart.   MrMojo likes to do a puzzle within the puzzle, but it's fairly obvious.   :) 

Great job.    I was reading how intuitive Greg Lake must have been to write a song like that at such a young age.   

JE, I know you're right about recorded songs vs. ability to replicate live ... so I probably should not have put that as a clue; it had to do with the way they did the tracks for voice, and also that Greg plays electric, acoustic and bass guitar on the recording, and I didn't want to get that specific.   It was an "off" clue for sure, and by no means applies to a small subset of songs.   But maybe back in the day, audiences weren't as savvy about recording, so if a song was performed differently than the way it was recorded, there was a sense of disappointment.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're all so smart.   MrMojo likes to do a puzzle within the puzzle, but it's fairly obvious.   :) 

Great job.    I was reading how intuitive Greg Lake must have been to write a song like that at such a young age.   

JE, I know you're right about recorded songs vs. ability to replicate live ... so I probably should not have put that as a clue; it had to do with the way they did the tracks for voice, and also that Greg plays electric, acoustic and bass guitar on the recording, and I didn't want to get that specific.   It was an "off" clue for sure, and by no means applies to a small subset of songs.   But maybe back in the day, audiences weren't as savvy about recording, so if a song was performed differently than the way it was recorded, there was a sense of disappointment.    

[/QUOTE]

Actually if a band did a song exactly like the record, I for one would be disappointed. I could have stayed home and listened to the album then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Actually if a band did a song exactly like the record, I for one would be disappointed. I could have stayed home and listened to the album then. 

Just more proof that you're way above average.  :)     

You're making me feel like Romney today -- flip flopping all over the place.  Now I know how hard it is to keep track.  Very confusing.  hahahah   :P   

What I MEANT was that *some* members of the audience at concerts want to hear songs that replicate the recordings.   NOT ALL.   That sector of the audience does not include the likes of you.  

Either way, I like the video clips of live performances that have been posted on the forum; great glimpses into the spontenaity and originality that is wrought in a live performance.   Probably would be more fun to discuss this with Greg Lake, than with me.  :P

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I was also tempted to say Stevie Wonder.