The Songs You Hate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Songs You Hate

This list should contain only what is considered Rock n Roll in the general sense. So you cannot list Disco, Hip-Hop or Rap songs. So no listing The Village People's catalogue.

Michelle - The Beatles
    Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
    I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
    Rock and Roll All Night - KISS
    HORSES - Patti Smith

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: The Songs You Hate

Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate:
    Aerosmith - Love in an Elevator
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

That is on my list as well as Dude Looks Like a Lady. Considering the fact that I am an Aerosmith junkie, I am rather surprised as to how many Aerosmith songs would make my Most Hated List.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : That is on my list as well as Dude Looks Like a Lady. Considering the fact that I am an Aerosmith junkie, I am rather surprised as to how many Aerosmith songs would make my Most Hated List .
    Posted by jesseyeric

And I was going to add Rag Doll but I didn't want to 'pile on'.  There's no getting around that the writing quality in some of their later material is just awful...especially the lyrics.  Doesn't stop it from getting played on the radio though.  I will say that I liked the video for 'Crazy' with Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone but that goes down a different road altogether...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Mr Roboto - Styx (and pretty much anything they've done after Dennis Deyoung took over lead vocals. Older stuff is quite good, imho)

Come on feel the noize - Quiet Riot (never heard the original by Slade, but it has to be better)
    Shiny Happy People - REM
    R.O.C.K. in the USA - John Mellencougar
    Anything by Creed

I second Dude looks like a lady.

Previous to that, Night in the Ruts is pretty bad, but I can't really say I hate it, I just never really bothered to listen to much of it (I find walking in the sand to be awful). Aerosmith without Joe Perry just isn't the same.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I can't possibly list them all.

Here are some highlights:

I Want You to Want Me- Cheap Trick....(you knew that was coming.)
    Tainted Love- Soft Cell ( I think that's their name)
    All the Aerosmith songs mentioned so far.
    Mr. Moonlight-the Beatles
    Is Sonny and Cher considered rock'n'roll in the general sense?...if so, yes, everything.
    Huey Lewis and the News....whole miserable catalog of toe-tapping nonsense.
    That horrible song by the Cranberries where the girl singer yodels or whatever she does ( it ain't singing!!!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Come on feel the noize - Quiet Riot (never heard the original by Slade, but it has to be better)
    Posted by softwareDevMusician

That song is actually one of my guilty pleasures I guess...mainly because of the guitar solo.  The funny thing is after that song made them rich they went right back to the well for another Slade cover 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now' with predictably bad results.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Mr Roboto - Styx (and pretty much anything they've done after Dennis Deyoung took over lead vocals. Older stuff is quite good, imho) Come on feel the noize - Quiet Riot (never heard the original by Slade, but it has to be better) Shiny Happy People - REM R.O.C.K. in the USA - John Mellencougar Anything by Creed I second Dude looks like a lady. Previous to that, Night in the Ruts is pretty bad, but I can't really say I hate it, I just never really bothered to listen to much of it (I find walking in the sand to be awful). Aerosmith without Joe Perry just isn't the same.

Shiny Happy People definitely makes the list as does Losing My Religion. I first heard that song and I lost my lunch. It is amazing how so many of my favorite bands recorded some of my least favorite songs.

You Better, You Better, You Bet  - The Who (hate it)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Mr Roboto - Styx (and pretty much anything they've done after Dennis Deyoung took over lead vocals. Older stuff is quite good, imho) Come on feel the noize - Quiet Riot (never heard the original by Slade, but it has to be better) Shiny Happy People - REM R.O.C.K. in the USA - John Mellencougar Anything by Creed I second Dude looks like a lady. Previous to that, Night in the Ruts is pretty bad, but I can't really say I hate it, I just never really bothered to listen to much of it (I find walking in the sand to be awful). Aerosmith without Joe Perry just isn't the same.

I actually like Mr. Roboto. I'd replace that with Babe and Lady. I can't say they're among my most hated songs, but they rank at the bottom of songs from Styx. I like Styx a lot, but there's only few Dennis DeYoung songs that I like.

And I actually like Quiet Riot's version, but I agree with the rest of the ist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : Shiny Happy People definitely makes the list as does Losing My Religion. I first heard that song and I lost my lunch. It is amazing how so many of my favorite bands recorded some of my least favorite songs. You Better, You Better, You Bet  - The Who (hate it)
    Posted by jesseyeric

I might agree about Losing My Religion, but the song reminds of this girl I was totally head of heals for when I was in college. She was an REM fan and liked that song. We were good friends, but unfortunately, she was living with her future ex-husband (I knew that at the time) and the timing was never right between us. So I should actually hate the song, but when I hear it, I have good memories of her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : That song is actually one of my guilty pleasures I guess...mainly because of the guitar solo.  The funny thing is after that song made them rich they went right back to the well for another Slade cover 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now' with predictably bad results.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I can see that. Did Randy Rhodes play on that? He was a phenomenal player who left us way to young. It was the vocals that killed it for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : I can see that. Did Randy Rhodes play on that? He was a phenomenal player who left us way to young. It was the vocals that killed it for me.

No I think the guy's name was Carlos something...and he was no Randy Rhoads but he laid down a good solo there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Kiss - Lick It Up

Kind of a low point for those guys I thought.  It's one thing to be erotic but that was more like tasteless...and the tune had nothing.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : No I think the guy's name was Carlos something...and he was no Randy Rhoads but he laid down a good solo there.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Ah, yes, Carlos Cavazo. Rhodes must have been in Ozzy's band by then. It wasn't until then that I knew about him. I was just starting to become a decent player back then, and hearing Randy (as well as Eddie VH) made me want to hack my fingers off...he was way ahead of the pack...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Battered Old Bird" - Elvis Costello
    "Revolution 9" - The Beatles

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Def Leppard - Armageddon It

Pour Some Sugar on Me was bad enough, but when they followed that up with this piece of junk, I thought 'OK, these guys think they can get away with anything now'.  It's a terrible pun to begin with, and it's just a dumb song with a really annoying fat bubble-gum-metal sound.  What had been a pretty good band was obviously just in it to score more money and chicks now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Def Leppard - Armageddon It Pour Some Sugar on Me was bad enough, but when they followed that up with this piece of junk, I thought 'OK, these guys think they can get away with anything now'.  It's a terrible pun to begin with, and it's just a dumb song with a really annoying fat bubble-gum-metal sound.  What had been a pretty good band was obviously just in it to score more money and chicks now. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Now why is that a bad thing again? Money and chicks - who the hell would want that? I do agree with PSSoM, but I didn't mind Armageddon It.

I should also mention just about every song by Bon Jovi from Slippery When Wet until present. I actually don't mind their 2nd album. But I must admit that I blame them for the demise of the 80's Hard Rock scene.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

And that Rocky Theme - Eye of the Tiger. That is just putrid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

And that Rocky Theme - Eye of the Tiger. That is just putrid.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I like that song.

It's funny , when I first read the O.P. , I thought I would have a million of these , but then I realize there aren't too many true rock songs I hate. Most of the songs that make me sick come from what would be considered the pop genre.

I have a kid who works with me who is in a heavy metal band and he is constantly kidding me about the fact that I like the Pet Shop Boys. He finds it kind of funny that I can like Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult and that I can also like the Pet Shop Boys and Tears for Fears. Another group I like ,and people think it's odd, is ABBA. Most people just can't come to grips with a heavy metal fan who likes ABBA, too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: The Songs You Hate : I like that song. It's funny , when I first read the O.P. , I thought I would have a million of these , but then I realize there aren't too many true rock songs I hate. Most of the songs that make me sick come from what would be considered the pop genre. I have a kid who works with me who is in a heavy metal band and he is constantly kidding me about the fact that I like the Pet Shop Boys. He finds it kind of funny that I can like Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult and that I can also like the Pet Shop Boys and Tears for Fears. Another group I like ,and people think it's odd, is ABBA. Most people just can't come to grips with a heavy metal fan who likes ABBA, too. 
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Although I am not a fan of ABBA, I have to agree with you on the rest. I loved the sound that came from the Post Punk/New Wave scene. I can play Adam and the Ants all day long. And there is nothing wrong with good Pop music from the 60's and 70's.

But it was in the 80's when Madonna came on board and influenced so much of what we hear today. I hate that sh*t. Lady Gaga - what is that? Take the (a) from her name and that would be a better description. And we won't even discuss the boy bands starting with NKoTB and New Edition which has now led to the likes of this kid Justin Bieber. And what kills me is that I even know his name.

Where's the gun?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Some good nominees above, I'll just add one:

We Built This City / Starship

(never should have kicked out Mr. Jefferson)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, this could be a very long list if I was to think about it for very long . . .

but then again, "hate" is a pretty strong word, and right now, the song that leaps to mind is that one by Kid Rock that isn't Werewolves of London or Sweet Home Alabama.

I don't know the name of it, but I can honestly say that I hate that song.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Well, this could be a very long list if I was to think about it for very long . . . but then again, "hate" is a pretty strong word, and right now, the song that leaps to mind is that one by Kid Rock that isn't Werewolves of London or Sweet Home Alabama . I don't know the name of it, but I can honestly say that I hate that song.
    Posted by p-mike

+1 ... just glad this one didn't make an appearance on the summer playlist thread!  It did show up as the "song of the week" in my office a while back.  I was psyched that someone had chosen Zevon, only to end up running away screaming with hands over ears ... Yell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I pretty much dislike everything by Rage Against the Machine. For some reason, their music and I did not get along.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softwareDevMusician. Show softwareDevMusician's posts

Some good nominees above, I'll just add one: We Built This City / Starship (never should have kicked out Mr. Jefferson)
    Posted by gerbs

Ha! This song is regarded by many as the worst rock song ever recorded. Just do a google search. Well deserved. I'd almost rather listen to Lady Gag(a).

Sections
Shortcuts