The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say

I forget who said it about Paul but he was right.

Paul writes perfect pop songs, he can't help himself.

John wrote much more angry songs.

George wrote songs more as a 3rd person.

Ringo was and is until the day he dies the luckiest man on earth.

As a group they were great Paul and John pushed each other away from being either to pop or to angry.  Neither was as good without the other, although they were still better then 95% of the rest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say:
    [QUOTE]I forget who said it about Paul but he was right. Paul writes perfect pop songs, he can't help himself. John wrote much more angry songs. George wrote songs more as a 3rd person. Ringo was and is until the day he dies the luckiest man on earth. As a group they were great Paul and John pushed each other away from being either to pop or to angry.  Neither was as good without the other, although they were still better then 95% of the rest.
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]

I've always felt Alex Trebek was about the luckiest man on earth.

They give him all the answers on little cards, so he looks real smart, pay him(well, I imagine) and he really has a sweet job, never gets dirty or sweats. To top it off, he's been doing it for longer than Ringo was in the Beatles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Fun & Funny thread!

Yoshimi, I doubt you're old & just because you're a mom, one is never too old to be fashionable. I wear low cut tight / skinny jeans because I get made fun of if I wear the older, high waisted ones (mommy jeans).

Regarding the Beatles, I loved them as a little girl & I still love them as an adult.

Saw Paul last year at Fenway & fell in love with him all over again.

Yes, they are called the 'Fab Four' for a reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Fun & Funny thread! Yoshimi, I doubt you're old & just because you're a mom, one is never too old to be fashionable. I wear low cut tight / skinny jeans because I get made fun of if I wear the older, high waisted ones (mommy jeans). Regarding the Beatles, I loved them as a little girl & I still love them as an adult. Saw Paul last year at Fenway & fell in love with him all over again. Yes, they are called the 'Fab Four' for a reason.
    Posted by Another-Veronica[/QUOTE]

Can you ladies please stop now - thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : I've always felt Alex Trebek was about the luckiest man on earth. They give him all the answers on little cards, so he looks real smart, pay him(well, I imagine) and he really has a sweet job, never gets dirty or sweats. To top it off, he's been doing it for longer than Ringo was in the Beatles.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but look at RIngos wives.  LOL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : Ok Yoga - between Yoshi and her mini skirts and leathers and you in your jeans and tiny tee-shirts, I just really don't need to know anymore. I am easily distracted and I don't need two of my favorite posters (male or female), but in this case female making my mind wander when it shouldn't. Now what Globe article are you discussing?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    What the heck is everyone doing in here?  I liked it better when it was just Cosmo, Yoshimi and me around here with all the men.  It was a much cooler place to hang out.  Cheesh. 

Ok, Jessey, my love,  did they create the Charlie Sheen character after you for Two and a Half Men?  Man, you're a riot (seriously, I rarely watch that show in all the years it's been on, and I have to slap myself if I think it's actually funny). 

Now the article I meant was about the phenomonon of posting and commenting on blogs and forums such as this, what's behind it, the reasons why people hang out, etc., and it was primarily about BDC.   There were a few actual posters interviewed and featured in the article and Yoshi was one of them.  I had to take a double take b/c I knew her from posting here and on the Love Letters blog.  She was willing to ID herself by screen name only, talked a little bit about where she lives, about hanging out on the Sox forums, etc.  It was quite generous of her to reveal some of her identity the way she did.  They also featured this guy Kurt Larsen who posts incessantly around BDC, as he is a real character.
    You would have loved seeing Yoshi featured in the article, it was cool!
    Yoshi would have to tell you how they selected her in the first place, that I don't know.
    So much for OT!!   Time to drift off to dream land.  Sweet dreams everyone.
    Good night! xo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thanks Yoga - Yoshi dropped a message on my FB page explaining the article. Good on her - I have been a fan of Yoshi's for quite awhile.

"Charlie" - one of my all-time favorite TV characters. Although I do understand his appreciation for women of all types, I am not a degenerate and I have no mommy issues. That show does make me laugh out loud.

But for me, Rock and Roll women are the one true piece of evidence of God's existence. Or maybe you are all part of the anti-christs master plan. I am not sure - but lord knows I cherish you all.

And now I have an image of you in jeans and tiny t-shirts, Yoshi in her leather mini and boots and now Veronica in her low-cut skinny jeans. Clearly my mind will wander everytime I come back to this site. I can see the three of you now swaying down the blvd. with Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman" blaring from the heaven's.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program. In keeping with the subject matter. Ringo did marry a Bond girl. Now really, does it get any better than that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : What the heck is everyone doing in here?  I liked it better when it was just Cosmo, Yoshimi and me around here with all the men.  It was a much cooler place to hang out.  Cheesh.  Ok, Jessey, my love,  did they create the Charlie Sheen character after you for Two and a Half Men?  Man, you're a riot (seriously, I rarely watch that show in all the years it's been on, and I have to slap myself if I think it's actually funny).  Now the article I meant was about the phenomonon of posting and commenting on blogs and forums such as this, what's behind it, the reasons why people hang out, etc., and it was primarily about BDC.   There were a few actual posters interviewed and featured in the article and Yoshi was one of them.  I had to take a double take b/c I knew her from posting here and on the Love Letters blog.  She was willing to ID herself by screen name only, talked a little bit about where she lives, about hanging out on the Sox forums, etc.  It was quite generous of her to reveal some of her identity the way she did.  They also featured this guy Kurt Larsen who posts incessantly around BDC, as he is a real character. You would have loved seeing Yoshi featured in the article, it was cool! Yoshi would have to tell you how they selected her in the first place, that I don't know. So much for OT!!   Time to drift off to dream land.  Sweet dreams everyone. Good night! xo
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

It was just such a small bit compared to the overall article...hardly worth mentioning, really...this worthless one is flattered that anyone remembers, and thanks you for your kind words.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I have a memory like a trap door.  Not for everything, but I remember what I read, events in my personal life, etc., in excrutiating detail.  Can be very heartening, as well as annoying!   I don't have a great memory for lots and lots of trivia, though.  Guess it doesn't mean that much to me. 
    Your modesty only speaks further to how true your online persona is to your real self, similar to me, what you see here, is what you get in the 3D world. 

RE: Ringo
    Didn't know Barbara Bach was a bond girl before she married Ringo!   And still together?  Two very lucky people!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : What the heck is everyone doing in here?  I liked it better when it was just Cosmo, Yoshimi and me around here with all the men.  It was a much cooler place to hang out.  Cheesh.  Ok, Jessey, my love,  did they create the Charlie Sheen character after you for Two and a Half Men?  Man, you're a riot (seriously, I rarely watch that show in all the years it's been on, and I have to slap myself if I think it's actually funny).  Now the article I meant was about the phenomonon of posting and commenting on blogs and forums such as this, what's behind it, the reasons why people hang out, etc., and it was primarily about BDC.   There were a few actual posters interviewed and featured in the article and Yoshi was one of them.  I had to take a double take b/c I knew her from posting here and on the Love Letters blog.  She was willing to ID herself by screen name only, talked a little bit about where she lives, about hanging out on the Sox forums, etc.  It was quite generous of her to reveal some of her identity the way she did.  They also featured this guy Kurt Larsen who posts incessantly around BDC, as he is a real character. You would have loved seeing Yoshi featured in the article, it was cool! Yoshi would have to tell you how they selected her in the first place, that I don't know. So much for OT!!   Time to drift off to dream land.  Sweet dreams everyone. Good night! xo

Isn't this a public forum?  That's okay, I won't post here anymore. I can take a hint.  All you had to do was ask.

jessey, You're funny.  See you on the other forums.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : Isn't this a public forum?  That's okay, I won't post here anymore. I can take a hint.  All you had to do was ask. jessey, You're funny.  See you on the other forums.

Veronica - Yoga was being her sweet, sarcastic, funny self. She actually had me lol with that comment. (I cannot believe I just used LOL - I need to be shot) That is what we all do here - just trying to have fun. So don't you dare leave. In fact, she you need to come back soon and bring Betty with you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ... edited

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

edited / removed.  Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

My sweet yogafriend! Of course I was kidding!  My sense of humor is sarcastic at times.  That's one disadvantage of being on-line. One can't see the mischievous look in the eyes, hear the teasing in the tone of voice or see a smirk or teasing expression on ones face.

(I haven't read the messages yet but I'm sure I'll be feeling bad about my terrible ways)

You're one of my favorites on this site!

Now jessey, on the other hand...... Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]My sweet yogafriend! Of course I was kidding!  My sense of humor is sarcastic at times.  That's one disadvantage of being on-line. One can't see the mischievous look in the eyes, hear the teasing in the tone of voice or see a smirk or teasing expression on ones face. (I haven't read the messages yet but I'm sure I'll be feeling bad about my terrible ways) You're one of my favorites on this site! Now jessey, on the other hand......

See  - you ladies making me nutz and distracting me.

Yup - I am sure of it now.

What are the lyrics to dazed and confused? - "The soul of a woman was created below". I am going to hell in a hand basket and loving every second of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

AT EASE, EVERYONE.  DRAMA OVER. 

Smile

EDITED  EDITED EDITED .... 

Now please remind me that if I am not prepared to be beaten at my own game, I better not play!!

Now everyone resume PLAY
    Laughing  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]My sense of humor is sarcastic at times.

Just be aware , sarcasm usual plays better in person when "tone of voice" or facial expression can expose your intent.

I have gotten in some hot water with a few posters who don't understand that I am being sarcastic. I try to use less dangerous forms of humor.

But just that you have a sense of humor has already put you miles ahead of many who have been posting here for years.

Keep up the good work!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : Just be aware , sarcasm usual plays better in person when "tone of voice" or facial expression can expose your intent. I have gotten in some hot water with a few posters who don't understand that I am being sarcastic. I try to use less dangerous forms of humor. But just that you have a sense of humor has already put you miles ahead of many who have been posting here for years. Keep up the good work!

Like I've said before, a sense of humor is a sign of intelligence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]AT EASE, EVERYONE.  DRAMA OVER.    A/V is very subtle.   You should see her in action.  Always subtle, never ever heavy handed.   Bullseye every time.   But I did not see that one coming at all!!  Totally got me!   So now I might owe her one ... Now please remind me that if I am not prepared to be beaten at my own game, I better not play!! Now everyone resume PLAY .    

Something tells me there is always good drama with you Yoga, I love it.

You have no idea how hard I was just laughing after reading your comment on A/V. My mind is just terrible and I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not.

Dedicated to Yoshimi, Yoga, Veronica, Cosmo and Elekktra. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6y1PyPg84

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : You have no idea how hard I was just laughing. My mind is just terrible and I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. Dedicated to Yoshimi, Yoga, Veronica, Cosmo and Elekktra. Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6y1PyPg84

You honor this worthless one with your praise.  Also, I'm just not going to convince you I'm just an ordinary girl with unremarkable looks, am I? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : You honor this worthless one with your praise.  Also, I'm just not going to convince you I'm just an ordinary girl with unremarkable looks, am I? 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Not a chance in h*ll. You see, you don't look at the beauty in women like I do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : Not a chance in h*ll. You see, you don't look at the beauty in women like I do.

I think..you may have just found my kryptonite!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : You get mentioned as a favorite because you are an intelligent and gracious poster. I like talking with you very much. I occassionaly get mentioned as a favorite poster on front burner, even though I often get people riled up with saying anti Theo stuff they don't want to hear. The problem for me is I started out being very serious on the baseball boards , but soon found out that "serious" posters can just get aggravated because if your opinion is different from some wiseguy's , that person will drag you into an argument. I come here for a little relaxation from work, and the music board provides this. Meanwhile, I have just decided to not be too serious on Red Sox chats, but to have some fun with it...and let the others get aggravated. This works well for me, I stay within the rules, but am not always 100% serious with what I say there. ( My comments on this board are much more serious, as music means lots more to me than sports). Sorry, for going off topic, guys. I can't say it'll never happen again, because it probably will.

You know how I feel about you; you big lizard.

You are the wind beneath my wings. Of course that is probably due to your nuclear breath.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Thing You're Not Allowed to Say : I think..you may have just found my kryptonite!
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Innocent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Dear Spiritual Healer of the Music Forum,

Please watch over the music forum tonight.
    Please help me wake up tomorrow as a less gullible person.
    Despite his kindness, friendship and humor, please wash out jesseyeric's mind, heart and soul with antiseptic solution, and make sure you apply a very strong solution, as you know he needs it very badly. 
    Please don't tell me people are still posting in this fiasco of a thread. 
    Please let p-mike know we are sorry for derailing his thread.  We're sorry p-mike!

Love light and the sweetest of dreams to all. 
    Amen. 
    Innocent