The White Album played live

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bleeble. Show bleeble's posts

The White Album played live

Attn. all Beatle nerds- Berklee professors and local indie muscians play the Beatles' white album on Tuesday, Jan. 28. It's at the Berklee Performance Center, an excellent sounding room, and it's open to the public.

https://www.facebook.com/events/725191350826889/

LOVE that album, the first one I ever bought on CD (well, my Mom said she'd buy me a CD to go along the CD player I got for Christmas, 1987, and of course i want for a double). Of all the greta songs, I think  my favorite might be Savoy Truffle. I've never bought into that idea of it' it would have been better as a single album'. I love all the weird stuff on there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

Re: The White Album played live

i agree great album and nice choice of song. There is so much i like on there. Also like Sexy sadie, Happiness is a warm gun and Dont Pass me by. So much good stuff

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My favorite Beatles LP.

Phish performed the entire album live on Halloween nearly 20 years ago.

I still have the bootleg tape...it's pretty awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This album always struck me as the first solo Beates LP. It wasn't so much the Beatles as it was John's stuff ( I avoid the term "songs"... see the other thread), George's songs, Paul's songs and Ringo's songs.

And you don't have to guess too know which are which. The songs from their future solo careers would all be previewed here. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is the gem of this LP, it is a marvelous track, and it could have fit in on 'All Things Must Pass.' 

However, Glass Onion will always be my favorite...I just love that song.