They've used a single word for ALL of their ALBUM titles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

They've used a single word for ALL of their ALBUM titles

I was going to put this band into the "under-rated" thread, but decided to do a "stump the panel" question first.    This is a tough one, but I know of at least two people (if they're around today) who might know the answer.

What band's albums are all single-word titles?   

This is their tradition, and they've used this practice consistently for all of their album titles.  

Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: They've used a single word for ALL of their ALBUM titles

Without cheating ( of course), I want to say New Order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

Definitely not New Order (e.g. Power, Corruption and Lies).

Without cheating, I want to say ZZ Top, but that's probably not it either...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The great, criminally underrated PSB...

...a.k.a. Pet Shop Boys

(one of wifey's all-time favorites)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: They've used a single word for ALL of their ALBUM titles:
    [QUOTE]Without cheating ( of course), I want to say New Order.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

HOT HOT HOT  --  great guess.    

A little surprised you didn't get this one, primarily because I know you're a big fan of this band.  (see below). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely not New Order (e.g. Power, Corruption and Lies). Without cheating, I want to say ZZ Top, but that's probably not it either...
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]

So funny, gerbs, because you are one of the two people (Zilla being the other one) that I was referring to in my OP.  :D   I had a feeling you might know this one.   (sorry, Matty, it's not that I discounted you, but I wasn't sure you'd be around)

Still, gerbs, I just checked, and your guess was rather inspired -- SO CLOSE.  You're amazing, gerbs.  

ALMOST is the operative word, but most, not all, of ZZ Top's albums do have single word titles.   11 of 14 total if you want to do the math.  :)    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]The great, criminally underrated PSB... ...a.k.a. Pet Shop Boys (one of wifey's all-time favorites)
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Yes siree, the Pet Shop Boys, and YES, as mentioned in my OP I was just about to put them in the under-rated thread.   :)

Additionally, the PSB fit in with the art conversation, since they have a style sensibility as well.   They're so innovative and they've done some great covers, as well as album art covers.  I love the "Very" cover and the disc.  For songs, their cover of "Always on my Mind" is one of my favorites.  

Funny, but I think they are a good example of a band that while a "greatest singles" disc would be nice to own, it's their deeper tracks that are the best.  This is something I feel I've learned from hanging out in the forum, and I can really see that distinction with PSB, even based on the albums that I own.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: They've used a single word for ALL of their ALBUM titles : Yes siree, the Pet Shop Boys, and YES, as mentioned in my OP I was just about to put them in the under-rated thread.   :) Additionally, the PSB fit in with the art conversation, since they have a style sensibility as well.   They're so innovative and they've done some great covers, as well as album art covers.  I love the "Very" cover and the disc.  For songs, their cover of "Always on my Mind" is one of my favorites.   Funny, but I think they are a good example of a band that while a "greatest singles" disc would be nice to own, it's their deeper tracks that are the best.  This is something I feel I've learned from hanging out in the forum, and I can really see that distinction with PSB, even based on the albums that I own.  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are the complete package in many ways - music, art, dance, design, and a dogged aesthetic that works again and again...

Good choice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Definitely not New Order (e.g. Power, Corruption and Lies). Without cheating, I want to say ZZ Top, but that's probably not it either...
    Posted by gerbs[/QUOTE]

I took my best shot.

On reflection, I should have remembered one of the later LPs by New Order, 'Waiting For The Siren's Call.'

But, I have to admit, many New Order LPS do have one word titles...so I guess it wasn't a "bad" guess, just a "wrong" guess.

Sections
Shortcuts