This album would have been perfect...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

This album would have been perfect...

What album would have been perfect if it had not been for *one* song?

Do you have any examples when you've felt this way about an album?  Every track is perfect, but this one song (almost) ruins the album.  You wish it had not been included. 

What album?
    What song?

Thoughts, anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: This album would have been perfect...

Hysteria by Def Leppard. I hate Pour Some Sugar On Me.

However, topless dancers all over the country loved it which is why the album went from a three million seller to a 12 million seller (True story).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i am really not sure. this is a really specific question, haha. gotta think hard about this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

And therfore it requires a very specific answer Tongue out. No getting anything past Yoga.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect...:
    Hysteria by Def Leppard. I hate Pour Some Sugar On Me . However, topless dancers all over the country loved it which is why the album went from a three million seller to a 12 million seller (True story).
    Posted by jesseyeric

9 million topless dancers bought copies?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Pearl Jam - Ten - "Jeremy" - can't stand it...never could.

In fact, the same could be said for Vs. and "Daughter".

And I'm a big fan of Pearl Jam, too...by far one of the best rock bands of the last 20 years, but there are a couple of their tracks I just can't stomach.

Add: Prince - Purple Rain - "Computer Blue" - the only throwaway track on an otherwise impressive album.

And: Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy - "Nighttime In The Switching Yard" - I've tried...just can't get into it, but the rest of the LP is all killer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

9 million topless dancers can't be wrong.

thank you ... thank you very much

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Basically - yes. It was and is still one of the main songs played at such venues.

As jkj said, how can they be wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

And therfore it requires a very specific answer . No getting anything past Yoga.
    Posted by jesseyeric

You are getting to know me too well.

Now please get your minds out of the gutter.  My threads are built to elevate thinking.   I'm tough like that.  

What's with you guys lately?  What do you want to discuss here if not music?  Or maybe I shouldn't ask ...

Laughing 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

And therfore it requires a very specific answer . No getting anything past Yoga.
    Posted by jesseyeric

By the way, I am wondering if there are any Beatles albums that you felt this way about.

Any Beatles albums that were marred by one song?  Any?  Or are they all perfect in your estimation?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect... : By the way, I am wondering if there are any Beatles albums that you felt this way about. Any Beatles albums that were marred by one song?  Any?  Or are they all perfect in your estimation?
    Posted by yogafriend

At the time, I thought 'Within You Without You' didn't belong on Sgt. Pepper.  I used to skip over it sometimes when I played the album.  Now, looking back, it seems like an indispensable part of the album.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gerbs. Show gerbs's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect... : By the way, I am wondering if there are any Beatles albums that you felt this way about. Any Beatles albums that were marred by one song?  Any?  Or are they all perfect in your estimation?
    Posted by yogafriend

Now that you mention it, although I wouldn't qualify either of these as songs, I make a point of never listening to that bit on Abbey Road after "The End" or the last bit of noise on Sgt. Pepper after the long fade on "A Day in the Life".  Maybe heresy, but both would have been better off in the trash bin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It took the passage of many, many years for me to finally arrive at this conclusion -- and it's actually kind of ironic, in its way -- but I think if you took Born to Run off Born to Run, it would be a much better album.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

well, i slept on it, and i think that In Rainbows (radiohead) would be better off without "House of Cards," i just can't really get into it.  sometimes if you are really into a pre-released version of a song, the final product rubs you the wrong way. for me, at least.

as for the beatles, no. well, at least not yet. let me think.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It took the passage of many, many years for me to finally arrive at this conclusion -- and it's actually kind of ironic, in its way -- but I think if you took Born to Run off Born to Run , it would be a much better album.
    Posted by p-mike

What a concept.
    Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

It's hard for me to criticize it, but there is a song on Sarah McLachlan's otherwise gorgeous, "Surfacing", that I could never get into.  "Do What You Have to Do" is a notch below the rest of the songs.

Doesn't ruin it, but if it weren't for this song, the album to me is perfect. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Although it is a great song, (and maybe because of the huge amount of overplaying) I think "Dark Side Of The Moon" would be better without "Money".... It sounds like an out of place single on an album which has it's spacey flow disrupted by it's inclusion.  IMHO 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Posted by yogafriend

Actually there is and I will be very specific. The version of Rubber Soul which was released in the US could have been a perfect album except for the song "Michelle". The English release of the same album had a couple of other tracks on it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Revolution 9 - The White Album

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Revolution 9 - The White Album
    Posted by newman09

Revolution # 9 was one of the great getting stoned to songs of my teens. I just love it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect... : Actually there is and I will be very specific. The version of Rubber Soul which was released in the US could have been a perfect album except for the song "Michelle". The English release of the same album had a couple of other tracks on it.
    Posted by jesseyeric
    I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you there. All Beatles albums are perfect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect... : I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you there. All Beatles albums are perfect.
    Posted by carnie

You know how hard it is for me to say anything negative about them, but Michele is horrible.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

In Response to Re: This album would have been perfect... : You know how hard it is for me to say anything negative about them, but Michele is horrible.
    Posted by jesseyeric

blasphemy! i love michele, even though it is fluff like much of macca's material. i think it's beautiful, though. if anything, i would remove a ringo song.

Sections
Shortcuts