Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

For me it's Eric Clapton.  I cannot sit through an entire song without changing the channel. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

Easy Enough - Bruce Springsteen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

White Snake. I'd also say any boy band ever constructed but those aren't in the R&R category.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm with Jessey on the "Boo Bruce" bandwagon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I don't think there are any that I can't stand, but there are some I have very little respect for because I think their level of success is way out of proportion to the quality of their work and their massive egos irk me...

Paul Stanley
    Steve Tyler

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Among modern rock acts:

The Killers

I don't get it.  Never did, really.

Add: Coldplay.  Their presumed stature is belied by their actual musical accomplishment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Tcal..Is it just solo Clapton you don't like or are you including the bands he played in like Cream,Blind Faith,etc...?
    Slim...What do you think of The Foo Fighters?I actually like them better than Nirvana myself?Dave Grohl is an amazingly talented musician,IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Springsteen - It's not that he's bad.  He just isn't good.
    Foo Fighters - I want to like them but I just can't
    Older Santana - mailing it in
    Phish - hate em

I'm on the fence about Clapton.  I love it when he plays the blues.  "You look Wonderful Tonight" makes me barf.  I've seen him 3 times.  The first show was great, the last one was terrible.  Don't need to see him again.

Oh yeah, and Coldplay.  Hate em.  As soon as I hear a single note from one of their songs, the radio gets changed.  Most overrated band in the history of music. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Eric Clapton is somewhat of a 'polarizing figure'.  I think there is a group of music fans who feel he crossed the line musically starting with I Shot the Sheriff.  I think there is also a group who have reservations about his iconic status as a guitarist.

Yes, I am in that group.  I was a fan of his until he crossed that line.  Also, I really don't think he is as great as Hendrix, Page or Beck.  I just don't think he's as creative or exciting or adventurous as they are.  But that's just me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Clapton is an interesting case, because for someone who's so active, his style has changed rather little over the years.  And I think he's aged more gracefully than many his age - even in the cliche of "elder blues statesman". 

But then I see him on stage with a young fire-eater like Bonamassa and think, wow, the guy still has all that and more to spare.

He's kind of like the old guy in the poker room who's lost 10x more than you'll ever win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Any "mega" boy band.....Justin Beiber......any RAP "artist?".....Dylan.....Dylan....Pearl Jam.....................can I come back and ad to my list?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

P.S.  Re: Clapton

I think most people can probably name at least one or two other guitarists they like better...

...but few can name many other guitarists who have been doing it for so long and at such a high level of relative competence.

Just recently, Clapton's shows with Steve Winwood were positively stunning...one of my favorite live releases of the past few years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.:
    [QUOTE]Just recently, Clapton's shows with Steve Winwood were positively stunning...one of my favorite live releases of the past few years.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Maybe Winwood brings out the best in Clapton.  I loved Eric's work on the Blind Faith album...very tasty...like that long noodling on 'Do What You Like'.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

James Taylor (mega-artist, although not rocker)
    Stevie Nicks 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Just recently, Clapton's shows with Steve Winwood were positively stunning...one of my favorite live releases of the past few years"

That's because he had Winwood to challenge him musically as well as rein him in.

I prefer Winwood's guitar playing to Clapton's.  Winwood's playing is sick.  It's nasty.  His playing gives this image of a guitar that's overheating. 

I never thought much of Windwood until I saw him play.  What an amazing dude on the guitar.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Three words and no surprises:

Paul David Hewson.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Too many really for me to mention:

Ozzy Osbourne
    Steven Tyler
    Eric Clapton
    Robert Plant
    Pau McCartney (solo)

Sadly thats just a start

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I've yet to discover a "mega artist/ rock god that everyone loves except me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bombah. Show bombah's posts

Neil Young There I said it I know its Neil being Neil following his muse but his stuff since the 90's has been mediocre.His best stuff lately has been his archive releases.I've been following him since the 60's.
     Totally agree on U2 (Bono) and the Boss.Rolling Stone is always giving five stars on their new releases
    Never got Kiss music for twelve year olds.
    A lot of these artists have reached lofty heights and can't live up to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.:
    [QUOTE]Tcal..Is it just solo Clapton you don't like or are you including the bands he played in like Cream,Blind Faith,etc...? Slim...What do you think of The Foo Fighters?I actually like them better than Nirvana myself?Dave Grohl is an amazingly talented musician,IMO.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

The solo stuff.  I think it was I shot the sheriff that first tuned me out.  I really didn't have much exposure to the Band years.