Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

In Response to Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.:
    [QUOTE]Neil Young There I said it I know its Neil being Neil following his muse but his stuff since the 90's has been mediocre.His best stuff lately has been his archive releases.I've been following him since the 60's.  Totally agree on U2 (Bono) and the Boss.Rolling Stone is always giving five stars on their new releases Never got Kiss music for twelve year olds. A lot of these artists have reached lofty heights and can't live up to them.
    Posted by bombah[/QUOTE]

Who says Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen are trying to "live up to" the success of the past?

Maybe they are just career songwriter/ musicians doing the only thing they know how to do.

Cal Ripken Jr. and Carl Yastrzemski continued to play baseball and entertain their fans without "living up to" the success of the early part of their careers.

The Rolling Stones don't "live up to" the great songs of the 70's , but people still want to see a Stones concert. It is not always about living up to your greatest moments. Sometimes it's about continuing to do what you do.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.

I don't care if Springsteen is or isn't trying to live to the past. I still can't stand him. Never could.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rod Steward also gets my gag reflex going.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Lady Ga Ga.  Also, I like Presley now.  Back in the day, I did not.  My wife was always a big Elvis fan. She got me to listen to him.  I had to get past my bias.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to fess up. Who's the Mega Artist/Rock God everyone else loves who you can't stand. : lol So your admitting you haven't done your homework by at least listening to his legendary early work and your reference point is a reggae cover that happened to be a single from 1974? Run out and buy all 3 Cream records, On Tour with Delaney and Bonnie, Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos.  You can thank me later.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

That's the great thing about us Humans Rusty, we all have our own tastes and likes.  I actually have Strange Brew - The very best of Cream.  I prefer Alice in Chains - Facelift but that's me. 

I love Brussel Sprouts yet my wife and two daughters hate them, the way I look at it is it doesn't make them bad people just different.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I wouldn't say I can't stand Clapton because he's done some excellent stuff with Cream, Derek and the Dominos and Blind Faith. But man, he's done some butt-awful solo stuff.

I've also never understood the appeal of Queen. Oh, and definitely John Cougar Mellencamp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapeCodMan. Show CapeCodMan's posts

Probably about as different as it gets, but Van Morrison and Bon Jovi.  I never understood the popularity of either one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapeCodMan. Show CapeCodMan's posts

[QUOTE]Neil Young There I said it I know its Neil being Neil following his muse but his stuff since the 90's has been mediocre.His best stuff lately has been his archive releases.I've been following him since the 60's.  Totally agree on U2 (Bono) and the Boss.Rolling Stone is always giving five stars on their new releases Never got Kiss music for twelve year olds. A lot of these artists have reached lofty heights and can't live up to them.
    Posted by bombah[/QUOTE]

Kiss has probably had the worst hard rock/heavy metal music of any band in the genre.  Crappy songwriting and an extremely old gimmick with the face paint.  As far as U2 goes, they are awesome as long as they stick to writing true rock songs.  I never understood the whole electronic crap in the mid 90's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

CapeCodMan at this rate you'll have 10 posts by 2020 :)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Let's put it this way. I still would have liked the Rolling Stones if Don Covay had been the lead singer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think U2 is WAY over rated as well They only have 2 songs I can listen to,Angel of Harlem and Sunday Bloody Sunday.
    As far as Kiss goes,yeah they're a gimmicky,corporate put together band to make money.But,IMO,they also do some good songs.Not my favorites,or even close,but not as bad as Springsteen,Journey,U2 or Foreigner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Neil Young is a genius. I put him above Dylan. There, I said it.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone did.  As a huge Neil Young fan, I can relate and have him as the most direct heir to Dylan, who has a few more years/miles under his belt...

...that said, these days I listen to a lot more Young, who to me is a more challenging artist to cover convincingly, whereas there are many fine dylan covers that surpass his delivery.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Needle and the Damage done.  One of my favorite songs.  Maybe #1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Neil Young is arguably the most underrated rock and roller of all time.