Time To Say Goodbye

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Time To Say Goodbye

The rumor mill is stating that the BDC forum has a new software and due to some problems on the Red Sox forum, all Yankee fans will be banned from this site. Just in case this is true, I just want to wish you all well and keep this music forum alive. I have enjoyed chatting with the lot of you and I wish you all well in this world. Keep Rockin in the Free World.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Time To Say Goodbye

That isn't going to happen, jessey.  You're not going anywhere.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have been playing with the idea of bowing out at 10,000 posts.

Or submitting my last post on Dec. 21, 2012.

I have made a few volatile statements that I thought might get me taken off.

I've been annoyed by a number of posters and vowed that it was time for me to stop this social networking nonsense that is really just colossal time-wasting.

I keep returning because many of you make me smile. I won't even attempt to list the many posters that have been lots of fun to share thoughts, ideas, games, jokes and whatever.

But, in all my years visiting these forums, jesseyeric is the poster I have had about as much direct contact with , discussing baseball, music and Cheap Trick among other things.

I think we are from different worlds, but have a similar outlook on many things.

I think if there is no jesseyeric, I will finally make my final post also.

I hope the rest of you would understand, as a matter of principal, I couldn't see how this great contributor could be booted out while many real jerks would be allowed to stay....because what?...he supports a rival team? ....But , he does so with objectivity and class, not meaning to create problems or enemies, but hoping to be a friend who sees things from the other side of the fence.

"IF YOU SMILE AT ME , I WILL UNDERSTAND  BECAUSE THAT IS SOMETHING EVERYBODY , EVERYWHERE DOES IN THE SAME LANGUAGE.....I CAN SEE BY YOUR COAT, MY FRIEND, YOU'RE FROM THE OTHER SIDE, THERE'S JUST ONE THING I'D LIKE TO KNOW , CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE....WHO WON?" -from Wooden Ships written by Crosby, Stills and Kantner.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Say Goodbye:
    I have been playing with the idea of bowing out at 10,000 posts. Or submitting my last post on Dec. 21, 2012. I have made a few volatile statements that I thought might get me taken off. I've been annoyed by a number of posters and vowed that it was time for me to stop this social networking nonsense that is really just colossal time-wasting. I keep returning because many of you make me smile. I won't even attempt to list the many posters that have been lots of fun to share thoughts, ideas, games, jokes and whatever. But, in all my years visiting these forums, jesseyeric is the poster I have had about as much direct contact with , discussing baseball, music and Cheap Trick among other things. I think we are from different worlds, but have a similar outlook on many things. I think if there is no jesseyeric, I will finally make my final post also. I hope the rest of you would understand, as a matter of principal, I couldn't see how this great contributor could be booted out while many real jerks would be allowed to stay....because what?...he supports a rival team? ....But , he does so with objectivity and class, not meaning to create problems or enemies, but hoping to be a friend who sees things from the other side of the fence. "IF YOU SMILE AT ME , I WILL UNDERSTAND  BECAUSE THAT IS SOMETHING EVERYBODY , EVERYWHERE DOES IN THE SAME LANGUAGE.....I CAN SEE BY YOUR COAT, MY FRIEND, YOU'RE FROM THE OTHER SIDE, THERE'S JUST ONE THING I'D LIKE TO KNOW , CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE....WHO WON?" -from Wooden Ships written by Crosby, Stills and Kantner.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I really don't think that BDC would ban a poster simply because of who they root for.

I hope posters like you and jessey don't leave because that would thin out the ranks of good posters. The only reason I stay on the board is that there are enough good posters that I can still have good discussions.

It does get hard at times, but if more good posters leave this board will die. Sometimes it's good simply to take a break -- a day or two or a week or two -- then come back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

What's going on here?

No one is going any where, please.  Or, at least wait.  

I'm good with having a philosophical discussion about posting (not only on BDC, but elsewhere); behavior observed and experienced, customs, group norms, the tone set by posters, etc.   I'll be glad to start one next week, even though this forum isn't one of the forums that has issues.   FAR from it.  

For now, can we end the discussion about people leaving (or thinking they are going to be blocked)?   I prefer Roy's advice re: taking a break.  

As for BDC blocking fans of non-Boston sports teams -- not going to happen.  BUT, if it did, Lakers fans should be sent down the chute first.  :P  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Zilla, you've got a ways to catch up with me - I'm closing in on 20k!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Jess, this is just some stupid rumor that got started on the Sox thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Zilla, you've got a ways to catch up with me - I'm closing in on 20k!
    Posted by kargiver

I'll never make it.

It has taken me since the last format change ( 3-4 years?) to get where I am now.

They started me out at zero the last time they changed the format. I also believe I first logged on here in 2006, but I think they list it as 2008.

I hope Lloyd is right and it is just rumour. It seems like the backstabbing and drama from the Red Sox clubhouse is contagious and frustrated fans want someone to attack, so why not Yankee fans , right?

I'll tell you why not. Because they are people too, and as such they are entitled to their opinions. As long as they obey the guidelines and are not trolling , causing arguments or being jerks, everything should be fine, and is. Why would they be not be welcomed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I started in 2005, and my info was maintained over the switch...not sure how or why, but there it is. Honestly, people are taking this seriously? I thought it was a joke from the beginning, I mean how is bdc going to identify and ban all the Yankees fans, is there a tag in their ip address? Bdc will continue to enforce the rules of the forums, and anyone who breaks them can and should be banned on a case by case basis...right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I wish more people would post,  the bdc forums have been dead lately and kind of boring.
     I don't blame new posters for not returning when they get attacked for expressing a different opinion or thought.
    I guess it's the norm for social networking though,  I'm learning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

So, here's the deal with the BDC and your posts.  If you "break the rules" they suspend you for some period of time then let you back in. They don't tell you why they just do it and they don't tell you that your post's aren't permitted or for how long.

There are all kind's of OP's here - for some it's a casual comment for others not only is it a part of their daily routine it's part of their daily life!

I think it's fun to read others opinions - even though I may not agree - I enjoy reading what others have to say and how they defend their opinion/thought.

I have never been so frustrated or angered to the point that I'd stop coming to the BDC.  I will tell you that the Herald is much more tolerant than the Globe when it comes to posting.

So, whether you have 10 post's or 80,000 who cares? The BDC just creates an interactive medium to ad your 2cents - Have fun, but remember the BDC rules!

Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The rumor started sometime on Friday night and I walked into a conversation where this was being discussed. To be honest, I am an idiot as far as what technology is out there when it comes to forums like this. I doubted whether they could do this, but mine was a just in case message to my friends here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Jess and Zilla you are both really good, knowledgeable posters and I hope you stick around. I always read your posts regardless of whether I agree with them or not. As for the number of posts, at the rate I'm going, I will hit 1000 around 2015. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Word is that there is no ban of Yankee fans from BDC - they are just trying to put together a new program which will help identify troublemakers in a more timely fashion and perhaps even create a forum which only Sox fans can participate while maintaining the Sox Front Burner forum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Good news, JE.  I was prepared to walk if you were blocked form the site.  Solidarity.  :)  

I have posted on quite a few sites, and read quite a few -- message boards, as well as blogs and comments that follow articles.  I have tried to break the habit, in fact, as I don't want to spend that much time online, so I try to be judicious.   All in all, who wants to read posts of people sniping at one another all day?  

As for sports forums, it seems to be the nature of the beast that the posters come wrapped up on all personality types; many types and shades of crazy.  :)  HA.  The "culture" of the BDC sports boards seems to be set at this point (lots of dysfuntion), and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to change it up.   Maybe if BDC shut them down completely for a few weeks, the people who need to learn a lesson would learn, but that's highly unlikely, isn't it?  

It's like the whole ball club needs to be exorcised.   RS Nation, too.   The Sox organization has done, and continues to do, so many great things for the community -- it's sad to have that overshadowed by all the rancor.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I wish more people would post,  the bdc forums have been dead lately and kind of boring.  I don't blame new posters for not returning when they get attacked for expressing a different opinion or thought. I guess it's the norm for social networking though,  I'm learning.
    Posted by Robin39

I do my best to eliminate "boring" from these boards.

To me , it is a kind of therapy to clean my mind of opinions and voice them here.

I actually feel better when I rant about a subject. Not just here, but vocally also.

Sometimes when I get carried away, I wonder if maybe I stated something that might offend. I try to be civil, objective and honest...but even then, I get people who get abrasive and combative.

I don't come looking to fight, I don't see most of our Yankee fans as being rude or combative in any way. Even some of the so-called "trolls" can be fun , it all depends on how you react to them. We had a poster who used various usernames mostly containing "babe" somewhere in the name. This person was a an obvious troll, didn't even deny it!...he was actually a fun person to talk to. Of course, I didn't agree with everything he said, but we had some laughs.

I think what happens is, some people take all this a little too seriously. I try very hard to take the "seriousness" out of sports talk. It's just a game anyway...not like music, that's serious business! Way more important.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have been playing with the idea of bowing out at 10,000 posts. Or submitting my last post on Dec. 21, 2012. I have made a few volatile statements that I thought might get me taken off. I've been annoyed by a number of posters and vowed that it was time for me to stop this social networking nonsense that is really just colossal time-wasting. I keep returning because many of you make me smile. I won't even attempt to list the many posters that have been lots of fun to share thoughts, ideas, games, jokes and whatever. But, in all my years visiting these forums, jesseyeric is the poster I have had about as much direct contact with , discussing baseball, music and Cheap Trick among other things. I think we are from different worlds, but have a similar outlook on many things. I think if there is no jesseyeric, I will finally make my final post also. I hope the rest of you would understand, as a matter of principal, I couldn't see how this great contributor could be booted out while many real jerks would be allowed to stay....because what?...he supports a rival team? ....But , he does so with objectivity and class, not meaning to create problems or enemies, but hoping to be a friend who sees things from the other side of the fence. "IF YOU SMILE AT ME , I WILL UNDERSTAND  BECAUSE THAT IS SOMETHING EVERYBODY , EVERYWHERE DOES IN THE SAME LANGUAGE.....I CAN SEE BY YOUR COAT, MY FRIEND, YOU'RE FROM THE OTHER SIDE, THERE'S JUST ONE THING I'D LIKE TO KNOW , CAN YOU TELL ME PLEASE....WHO WON?" -from Wooden Ships written by Crosby, Stills and Kantner.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

My friend - no words to express myself to your post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Time To Say Goodbye : My friend - no words to express myself to your post.
    Posted by jesseyeric

There is no doubt, I would have much less fun here if you were kicked off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Time for me to Fly would of been a much better thread title.

Seen REO last week and I really enjoyed the show.  I see Rusty got banned again.  His few posts here and 1000's on the Patriot board are gone.  Let's see if the IP block works.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Time for me to Fly would of been a much better thread title. Seen REO last week and I really enjoyed the show.  I see Rusty got banned again.  His few posts here and 1000's on the Patriot board are gone.  Let's see if the IP block works.
    Posted by tcal2-

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Time To Say Goodbye:

The rumor mill is stating that the BDC forum has a new software and due to some problems on the Red Sox forum, all Yankee fans will be banned from this site. Just in case this is true, I just want to wish you all well and keep this music forum alive. I have enjoyed chatting with the lot of you and I wish you all well in this world. Keep Rockin in the Free World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQccK0F1_iY

This time it might be.   This takes  'glitches' to a whole new level.  :)    
    Anyone who creates a new thread does so at their own risk.      Now to see what this post looks like ... 3 -- 2 --- 1 ....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Time To Say Goodbye:
    [/QUOTE] This time it might be.   This takes  'glitches' to a whole new level.  :)    
    Anyone who creates a new thread does so at their own risk.      Now to see what this post looks like ... 3 -- 2 --- 1 ....

[/QUOTE]

They've got their work cut out for them fixing this mess. At least it works to a point.
    Every post is an adventure!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

As of 6:00pm my profile isn't linked too anything....I can't get too Patriots board

Sections
Shortcuts