Tonight's the night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Tonight's the night

With proceeds to the One Fund Boston -- well, we already know it's going to be great.    The rock music community knows how to make it happen.   If you're going to be there, hope you have a fantastic time.  

Hot night for a HOT concert.   :)

BOSTON (AP) - Aerosmith, James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett are joining other artists for a benefit concert for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

Tickets for the show scheduled for Thursday at the TD Garden sold out in minutes after they went on sale May 6. Proceeds will benefit One Fund Boston, the compensation fund established by Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those injured in the April 15 bombings and the families of three people killed.

Other confirmed acts include Jason Aldean, Boston, Extreme, Godsmack, The J. Geils Band, Carole King and New Kids on the Block.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Tonight's the night

Apparently, the concert will be broadcast on local television...the CBS affiliate, I believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Apparently, the concert will be broadcast on local television...the CBS affiliate, I believe.

Worth checking out -- at the very least.   Seems to be some confusion b/c a concert for OK outreach $$ was broadcast last night (nationally) on network apparently -- so this one is not getting national broadcasting, too.   

ALSO, a few choices for livestream.   Just saw it will be streamed on WGBH, for one.  

Anyhow, it's nice to have options, for anyone who wants to check it out.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well, I'll be seeing Jeff Pitchell & people over at Scullers. Perhaps this explains why, this time around, Pitchell won't be joined by Geils.

Too many acts I am not particularly interested in and/or wanted not to see (New Kids on the Block? Ugh.) for me to attend. But, people will invariably put stuff up on youtube as well.

Going to the concert is more about community / reaching out / and feel-good vibes.   The lineup seems to be more robust than originally mentioned, and regardless, I'm sure the place will be jumping.    

Looks like you'll have a good time, anyhow.   Follow up on youtube for the "Strong" concert is a good idea, too.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Or, if you can't afford that, it looks Dark Star Orchestra is in town and they put on a nice Grateful Dead experience if you've never seen them.

Got my tix for the beach show on saturday.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts