Don't Worry Baby, B.J. Thomas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Top Hits of...

1975...??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i'm gonna go one more on matty and bid 1976...price is right strategy usually works

p.s. radiohead's cover of "nobody does it better" is killer. one of my favorite covers.

i'd link it but i don't want to drag google into this

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

I had thought that Muskrat Love and Nobody Does It Better were early 70's, but I think Year of the Cat was later.  I'm going with 1976 like PH, but might be '75.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I was in High School when these were hits.

So this is no doubt ancient history now.

I'm not going to cheat, since I can narrow it down to between 1972-76.

I'm going to guess 1975 but I might be off by a year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

1976 or 1977...1976 is already taken so I'll take 1977.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

i believe i was in junior high that's why i went with 72 - maybe 73 -- 76 i graduated high school - i know that is too late

nope i was wrong

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Top Hits of...:
    1976 or 1977...1976 is already taken so I'll take 1977.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

1977 it is.  Nice going, Hfx.

I'll have a real tough list for you all soon.  

PS  (Klaas, why did you remove your post?? You nailed it, too.  :D )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I knew I nailed it yogafriend. I deleted my post because I looked too much like a softy regarding that one song I have clear memories about ... need to uphold my tough guy image.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I knew I nailed it yogafriend. I deleted my post because I looked too much like a softy regarding that one song I have clear memories about ... need to uphold my tough guy image.
    Posted by Klaas

I have to say,I love the Gilligan avatar.Although I'm not quite sure it portrays a "tough guy image".
     Gilligan's Island was one of my favorite shows.Here's a couple of trivia question regarding Gilligan's Island.
      In an episode,there was a band that came top the island for quiet because they thought it was deserted.What was the name of the band that came to the island?Bonus points if you can remember the names of the 4 members.
      Also,what was the name of the band the women (Ginger,Mary Anne and Lovey) on the island performed under in the same episode?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In Response to Re: Top Hits of... :   I have to say,I love the Gilligan avatar.Although I'm not quite sure it portrays a "tough guy image".  Gilligan's Island was one of my favorite shows.Here's a couple of trivia question regarding Gilligan's Island.   In an episode,there was a band that came top the island for quiet because they thought it was deserted.What was the name of the band that came to the island?Bonus points if you can remember the names of the 4 members.   Also,what was the name of the band the women (Ginger,Mary Anne and Lovey) on the island performed under in the same episode?
    Posted by mrmojo1120

I always thought The Monkees were the band in that episode. I peeked (unlike I did in my original response to yogafriend's question), and am shocked they were not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Nice...I was going to guess 1976...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I would have sworn that Walk This Way came out while I was actually in high school.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I would have sworn that Walk This Way came out while I was actually in high school.
    Posted by carnie

I was in the class of '76 (that's the spirit) and thought I had remembered listening to it while driving to school.I looked it up and Walk This Way was on the "Toys in the attic" album that came out in 1975.
    Then Aerosmith re-released it as a single in 1976 it hit the top 10 in 1977.

Also,if anyone doesn't remember Rose Royce,their most famous song was "Carwash".They did a great album called "In full bloom" that didn't get much attention.Nice soul-funk album to kick back to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Posted by Klaas
    Oh, that's somethin', Klaas.  :D  Since I'm no doubt the only person who saw your comment (and the song), that will remain locked in a vault, never to be revealed.  Good move, IMHO.  :D

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: Top Hits of... :  I was in the class of '76 (that's the spirit) and thought I had remembered listening to it while driving to school.I looked it up and Walk This Way was on the "Toys in the attic" album that came out in 1975. Then Aerosmith re-released it as a single in 1976 it hit the top 10 in 1977. Also,if anyone doesn't remember Rose Royce,their most famous song was "Carwash".They did a great album called "In full bloom" that didn't get much attention.Nice soul-funk album to kick back to.
    Posted by mrmojo1120
    Thanks, mrmojo.   I should have been more clear.   
    I'm usually more concise; I was in a hurry, and I apologize for any confusion with this one.

Top Hits = When were these songs in the Top 100?   This would potentially mean same year the song was released for some, but could easily mean a year later or even two for others.   All of these songs were Top 100 hits concurrently in 1977.

Can't make these queries easy for this crowd.   You're too smart (and now, so am I -- at least in matters such as this)  --   :D

Sections
Shortcuts