Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band

In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band : My disdain for Dylan's voice is only recent, when he started to sound like an old Jewish man attempting to sing.  I revisit his older albums where I think he voice is perfect for his music.... His lyrics are still as sharp and profound as they ever were.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

But Dylan is an old jewish man attempting to sing.

I like Dylan.  I think his voice has character. 

Try listening to Tom Waits "Blood Money".  It's the epitome of gravelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Dave Matthews.  There's nothing there.   

(He's not hot by a long shot, either.) :P

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band:
    [QUOTE]I may attract some derision here, but I've always had a bit of a problem with Donna Godcheaux. It's difficult, because the Dead played some of their very best sets with the Godcheauxs on stage, but I prefer those in which she is more of a backup singer than a lead.  Her voice coupled with an iffy-sounding bootleg can be a disaster of sonic proportions.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

There is nothing like being in a highly relaxed state of mind, zoned out listening to Playin' in the Band, and then suddenlly being jarred back to reality by Donna's, "Wwwaaahhh, waaaahhhhh".  Talk about harshing my high.

She's not bad on some of the studio stuff - by live??? What were they thinking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band : There is nothing like being in a highly relaxed state of mind, zoned out listening to Playin' in the Band, and then suddenlly being jarred back to reality by Donna's, "Wwwaaahhh, waaaahhhhh".  Talk about harshing my high. She's not bad on some of the studio stuff - by live??? What were they thinking?
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind her live, I couldn't stand her on any albums (what's the name of that song she sang on Terrapin?) whenever I hear that song I have to hide the sharp objects,  I could not stand Brent singing.  He drove me away for about 10 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpongeBob50. Show SpongeBob50's posts

Does Janis Joplin count?

Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks.  They both sound like sheep.

Dave Matthews - I just don't get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Also, Jack White...   really don't like that voice.  Worse than Corgan.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

ditto

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]Does Janis Joplin count? Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks.  They both sound like sheep. Dave Matthews - I just don't get it.
    Posted by SpongeBob50[/QUOTE]

I LITERALLY just read a rolling stone article about stevie nicks and rod stewart touring together. i want to throw up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin. Show leafswin's posts

another dude is the lead singer for rage against the machine. i think he is the one I dislike the most. I cant even get through 10 seconds of his voice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The vocals don't bother me as much as lack of talent and originality do.  I take that back....the F**kin chipmunks flip my mass murder switch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band : I LITERALLY just read a rolling stone article about stevie nicks and rod stewart touring together. i want to throw up
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    So does this mean you're not going to take me to see Stevie and Rod?
    Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band : So does this mean you're not going to take me to see Stevie and Rod?  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

that was supposed to be our secret, now we have to take everyone!
    Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Voices that you couldn't get past; So you can't stand the band : that was supposed to be our secret, now we have to take everyone!
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    Nicks and Rod Stewart would have been a good example of a concert for the thread about being offered free concert tickets.  Easy decision on that one!
    baaaahhhhhh.  I'm out. 

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Stevie and Stewie?  Ouch...that would not be good at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]May I add Blink182 (well, I couldn't get past any of the music, but the singer is terrible in his own right).  And may I add whoever sang that incredibly obnoxious song about "sleeping with my clothes on"
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

blink182 had two singers, tom and mark. tom is who you're referring to, mark has a more conventional voice.

as for the sleeping with my clothes on, that is by lit...and when i played bars in a cover band, it was one of the most popular tunes, haha.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I like that song...great barroom tune....