We need a new thread, so I'll try this trivia question thing.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Re: We need a new thread, so I'll try this trivia question thing.

wow that was a truly awesome trivia question, zilla.

i am glad i at least figured out something, even if it wasn't either of their names...hah.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: We need a new thread, so I'll try this trivia question thing.:
    [QUOTE]I think you all may have found the pieces of the answer. Rachel Sweet was born in Akron, Ohio. Nick Lowe, from England, worked with Brinsley Schwarz. Both Sweet and Lowe recorded for Stiff records in England, where Brinsley Schwarz recorded as well. Sweet and Lowe, get it? In your coffee. By George, I think we've got it. And it has Zilla's trademark sense of humor. Good work everybody! We've got a great team here.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Excellent work my dear Watson!!!

You pieced together the clues marvelously.

I was hoping to stump you all until at least until Monday.  Rats!!!

I am going to work on another, but I may not post it until later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Great job.

The one thing I take issue with is that you called them "not extremely well known" and maybe that's the case with the public at large, but for those of us on this forum, that is not the case.   Nick Lowe?  Not extremely well known?  mmmmmm. 

For a considerably small group of regulars, the wealth of collective knowledge here is incredibly impressive (and I include you, Zilla, in that knowledge base). 

So next time consider your audience, and don't underestimate who would  be not "extremely" well known to us, or at least say, they are not well known to the average person on the street.   Not to us.  :)

I know my "brain teasers" seem easy to you, but if I posted them to the average person, I don't think they would know who they are.  Matty has to just glance at the first sentence, and he has it.  Like 0 minutes and counting ...
    Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: We need a new thread, so I'll try this trivia question thing.:
    [QUOTE]Great job. The one thing I take issue with is that you called them "not extremely well known" and maybe that's the case with the public at large, for but those of us on this forum, that is not the case at all.   Nick Lowe?  Not extremely well known?  mmmmmm.  For a considerably small group of regulars, the wealth of collective knowledge here is incredibly impressive (and I include you, Zilla, in that knowledge base).  So next time consider your audience, and don't underestimate who would  be not "extremely" well known to us, or at least say, they are not well known to the average person on the street.   Not to us.  :) I know my "brain teasers" seem easy to you, but if I posted them to the average person, I don't think they would know who they are.  Matty has to just glance at the first sentence, and he has it.  Like 0 minutes and counting ...
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I thought "not extremely" had me covered. Perhaps "not well known to the casual listener" would have been a little better?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In honor of our friendly Yankee fan jess, I celebrate the solution with...

Sorry Zil, but I owe jess some respect. Go Red Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need a new thread, so I'll try this trivia question thing. : I thought "not extremely" had me covered. Perhaps "not well known to the casual listener" would have been a little better?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    Yes, agreed.  Beautiful. 

Just considering the audience here, that would be more accurate.  What can I say, this group is rather elite. 

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thank you DD - I appreciate being recognized for the Brinsley find. However, you do deserve the bulk of the credit. What is funny is that I was so sure it was Boz Scaggs that I didn't even think to look at the Lowe connection any further.

I love this fourm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice get dd