What artist and/or band is on your bucket list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What artist and/or band is on your bucket list?

Last night, I crossed Elton John off my list for artists I must see before senility sets in. And he was Captain Fantastic.

What artist/band do you most want to see before you croak?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: What artist and/or band is on your bucket list?

Delbert McClinton, the man who taught John Lennon the harmonica.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Great question and thread.

I've feel fortunate to have seen a lot of bands.  Guess i'd have to go with Clapton.  Never seen him, but not giving up hope yet.

For the past 20 years, Phish has been my measuring stick for sound, lights, energy, and value.  Suffice to say, many of the bands that i've crossed off my bucket list in that time have truly been disappointments. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Top 5 of "I gotta see before they die" list, inpo:

1) Paul McCartney
    2) Paul Simon
    3) Joe Jackson
    4) Van Morrison
    5) Leonard Cohen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: What artist and/or band is on your bucket list?:
    [QUOTE]Top 5 of "I gotta see before they die" list, inpo: 1) Paul McCartney 2) Paul Simon 3) Joe Jackson 4) Van Morrison 5) Leonard Cohen
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Aside from Joe Jackson, you might want to bust a move seeing those guys.Smile

All those other 4 played in Halifax and I was lucky enough to see 3 of them.  The only one that was a disappointment was Van.  His voice was good but the show was too Vegas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What artist and/or band is on your bucket list? : Aside from Joe Jackson, you might want to bust a move seeing those guys. All those other 4 played in Halifax and I was lucky enough to see 3 of them.  The only one that was a disappointment was Van.  His voice was good but the show was too Vegas.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

There are more, of course, but they are bands unlikely to ever tour together again, like the Talking Heads.

Then again, I feel very lucky in many respects to have seen many of my musical heroes, like when I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan in Kalamazoo, MI, only a few days before he died (RIP).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

For classic:
    Simon and Garfunkel (if they were ever to reunite for a tour) -- an unsurpassed duo if ever there was one.
    Annie Lennox
    Chrissie Hynde
    Neil Young (I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but to see him would still be a thrill)

Lloyd: How was Elton?  Did you enjoy the concert?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]For classic: Simon and Garfunkel (if they were ever to reunite for a tour) -- an unsurpassed duo if ever there was one.
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I had tickets to see them here last year but they had to postpone, then cancel, because Garfunkel had some sort of problem with his vocal chords.  That was disappointing.  They were awesome at the R n R HOF concert.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]For classic: Simon and Garfunkel (if they were ever to reunite for a tour) -- an unsurpassed duo if ever there was one. Annie Lennox Chrissie Hynde Neil Young (I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but to see him would still be a thrill) Lloyd: How was Elton?  Did you enjoy the concert?

The Pretenders played Farm Aid a couple years ago; they and Chrissy were rockin hard just like always...as was Neil Young and an unexpectedly entertaining John Mellencamp.

Festivals like these are a good way to see lots of artists at different levels of success....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What artist and/or band is on your bucket list? : The Pretenders played Farm Aid a couple years ago; they and Chrissy were rockin hard just like always...as was Neil Young and an unexpectedly entertaining John Mellencamp. Festivals like these are a good way to see lots of artists at different levels of success....
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]What a ticket that was, makes me jealous hearing about it. Laughing
    True dat about festivals.   It's almost even more fun when there's someone in the lineup that ends up being thoroughly entertaining (artists not even close to being on the bucket list ...). 

I did hear that Garfunkel's vocal chords were in tough shape a while back.  I hope he's well again.  I would have been terribly disappointed about a concert like that being cancelled.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Chuck Berry

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin. Show leafswin's posts

The Waaves
    No Age
    If the Jam ever got back together

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

If this list can only include performers and bands that are still alive - then I am good. I have had the pleasure of seeing every band that needs to be seen except the Stones and that is a personal choice. I have hated Jagger since I was a kid and I have not changed my mind on that. Keith is, was and always will be the genius if that band.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

rage against the machine...i saw audioslave when they came with lollapalooza (great lineup that year) but even though cornell is a vocal god in his own right, i would LOVE to see rage and i hope the reunite for more dates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

MICK, MICK ...... Really?  

<as I pull my hair out />

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

and even though i've seen them 5 times, radiohead will always be on my bucket list, and is a MUST for anyone who has a chance to get there. soundscapes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What artist and/or band is on your bucket list? : What a ticket that was, makes me jealous hearing about it. True dat about festivals.   It's almost even more fun when there's someone in the lineup that ends up being thoroughly entertaining (artists not even close to being on the bucket list ...).  I did hear that Garfunkel's vocal chords were in tough shape a while back.  I hope he's well again.  I would have been terribly disappointed about a concert like that being cancelled.

Agreed 100% about the festivals.  It's like "Come for the headliners; stay for the up-and-comers, legacy acts and world imports". 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celts55. Show celts55's posts

Guess the only one left is Van Morrison, but i hear he's really great or really awful, and always expensive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]For classic: Simon and Garfunkel (if they were ever to reunite for a tour) -- an unsurpassed duo if ever there was one. Annie Lennox Chrissie Hynde Neil Young (I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but to see him would still be a thrill) Lloyd: How was Elton?  Did you enjoy the concert?

Sorry, was away for a while. Very much. Leon Russell came out for a bit and they did some new stuff, but mostly he did his classics. Played three hours!

Sections
Shortcuts