What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track)

What is the last album (format is of no consequence) you listened to from start to finish  --- without skipping ANY songs or cutting a track short?

There are lots of truly dope albums that include a dud that you feel compelled to skip, and in the mp3 / iPod world, it's becoming more of a rarity to listen to an entire album, you know?   

What album was it?    Bootlegs count, BTW.  

NOTE:  Perhaps this isn't a rarity for you, in which case, you make great album selections.   :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track)

My last CD I listened to every track of was Robin Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" last night.But then again,I usually listen to every song on a CD when I play them.I just don't listen to some songs as closely as I listen to others

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track)

I tend to listen to a lot of albums in their entirety, especially when drawing or painting when I put five discs in and just let them play, back-to-back.  I listen to albums on my iPods, too, but moreso when it's a multi-disc thing or live concert.

I just listened to Buffalo Tom's 'Let Me Come Over' and 'Birdbrain' last night...

...and Keane's "Hopes And Fears" the night before....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I do this all the time.

Sunday afternoon after cutting my lawn , I loaded 3 CDs by the Church and played them back-to-back-back. I played 'Seance', 'Remote Luxury' and 'Heydey'....three obscure gems from the early alternative era by a group that basically had more or less of a cult following.

So , I guess the "last" album I listened to would be 'Heydey' by the Church.

I sort of lost track of them around the turn of the millenium, but amazingly they still are recording and with most of the original lineup intact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

This bears out why you're all on a music forum -- you listen to entire works and don't put yourselves on "shuffle" 95% of the time.  :)  I love to listen to whole albums but have to admit -- in the "life's too short" vein, I skip lots of tracks, rather than wait for the best.   I've also been known to play a single track repeatedly (that's for another thread).

For my newest albums:
    Mezzanine- Massive Attack  
    The Mask and Mirror - Loreena McKennitt

Older album, full on, over the weekend:
    Mirrorball -- Sarah McLachlan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track):
    [QUOTE]I tend to listen to a lot of albums in their entirety, especially when drawing or painting when I put five discs in and just let them play, back-to-back.  I listen to albums on my iPods, too, but moreso when it's a multi-disc thing or live concert. I just listened to Buffalo Tom's 'Let Me Come Over' and 'Birdbrain' last night... ...and Keane's "Hopes And Fears" the night before....
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I like Keane very much, but never thought to buy an album.  I might as well add them to the neverending "NEXT UP" list (not that I will ever face a shortage on that list).  :P

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the last album you listened to from start to finish? (and that means every track) : I like Keane very much, but never thought to buy an album.  I might as well add them to the neverending "NEXT UP" list (not that I will ever face a shortage on that list).   :P
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

I like them, too.  Sort of a more interesting version of Coldplay-ishness (not to be too glib  :P ), IMHO.  The singles are good, but their albums are consistent, too.  I haven't heard a Keane song yet that I totally dislike.

At times, I get deep into the so-called "sad basta*d music" category, of which this may fall under.  (I have my reasons, but suffice to say it's like sympathy sex - something that's a bit sad, but still ultimately worthwhile.  Life's not all rainbows and kittens, after all.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefig. Show lefig's posts

Pink Floyd DSOTM at wembley 1974 on my way up to Jay Peak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

mrmojo - Bridge of Sighs - you hit me where I live with that.  What a classic album.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Yesterday I listened to Cosmos Factory and Abbey Road all the way through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I just picked up the newly remastered, un-edited version of Live at Buddakhan - Cheap Trick - great.

FTR - They really should give some kind of basic IQ test before allowing people to serve on Jury Duty. I started today and this first panel I am sitting on is filled with people who I would never consider my peers. They don't even understand the basic instruction of "Shut off all cell phones in the court room".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I just picked up the newly remastered, un-edited version of Live at Buddakhan - Cheap Trick - great. FTR - They really should give some kind of basic IQ test before allowing people to serve on Jury Duty. I started today and this first panel I am sitting on is filled with people who I would never consider my peers. They don't even understand the basic instruction of "Shut off all cell phones in the court room".
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]That's America in the 21st Century. The world capitol of dumb. Way back when I was a physics student at the University of Maine, we were all given an assignment to come up with a joke colloquium presentation. One of my friends did his on the stupidity field. I forget the details, but it was hilarious, all the more because so much of it rang true. Anyway, I figure the stupidity field in America has been increasing since we elected Ronald Reagan President.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I just picked up the newly remastered, un-edited version of Live at Buddakhan - Cheap Trick - great. FTR - They really should give some kind of basic IQ test before allowing people to serve on Jury Duty. I started today and this first panel I am sitting on is filled with people who I would never consider my peers. They don't even understand the basic instruction of "Shut off all cell phones in the court room".
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I've received two summons for jury duty within the past year and a half.Both times I was not required to report. Both times I felt like a celebration was in order. The relief of not having to go was beyond words. It was like I won the lottery. I hope their random search for impartial jurors leaves me alone for awhile.

Do you listen to Cheap Trick every day?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I am the oddball here (not to my surprise). However, in my defense, I have very often in my life listened to albums in their entirety. But my habit lately is to create what I will call devildavid's top 40. I like to pick out CD's and play a track or two and go to another and another and another however my mood suits me. In that span I could go from Howlin' Wolf to Disco to surf instrumentals to The Archies to Frank Zappa. Basically, I create my own fantasy radio station which could never ever exist in reality because they have to make money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I am the oddball here (not to my surprise). However, in my defense, I have very often in my life listened to albums in their entirety. But my habit lately is to create what I will call devildavid's top 40 . I like to pick out CD's and play a track or two and go to another and another and another however my mood suits me. In that span I could go from Howlin' Wolf to Disco to surf instrumentals to The Archies to Frank Zappa. Basically, I create my own fantasy radio station which could never ever exist in reality because they have to make money.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

I wonder if your fantasy radio station would possibly attract more listeners.  I often thought radio should be a great way to introduce some great music for people to get a sample of what they are missing.

I would start my radio station with this promise to listeners , you will never hear the same song twice in one week. There are 24 hours a day, 7 days in a week. Recorded music has been around for decades ( almost a century) ...I think I could make this promise and have plenty of choices available.

My radio station would play songs and some artists you don't hear anywhere else....I guarantee it. And I'll bet people would like it....maybe not everyone , but most. Those who like familiar background probably wouldn't. I would manage to get a few familair tunes in there, though. 'Heart Full Of Soul' by the Yardbirds, 'White Room' by Cream...you've heard 'em a million times, they never get old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't have my iPod shuffle. So when I'm listening to music for an extended period, I'll pick an album and listen, so I'm constantly listening to albums. Now there's plenty of time when I want to listen to a particular song and if I'm not doing anything, I'll manually go from song to song.

But most of the time I'm listening to music, I'm doing something so I'll pick an artist I haven't listened to for awhile and pick an album. Sometimes if I'm listening long term, I'll picked the first album that pops up for the artist and got through two or three in a row.

Same thing when I'm driving long distance. I'll grab a few CDs from various groups and listen to each all the way through. Occasionally if a song pops up that I really don't like, I'll skip but that doesn't happen all that often.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Tough question, but it's probably the latest Mofro record from 2010 or Ryan Bingham's Junky Star from the same year.

I am a big fan of each, so their stuff is a slam dunk sit down and listen the day the album release kind of events.

Usually, if it's an artist or band I know is going to put out legit, full artistic albums every 2 years, etc, I treat those as such.  Either that, by accident or more so when a friend points something out to me that I'm not aware of. 

Other than that, it's stumbling across a great sounding Dead bootleg I haven't heard before and playing the show from start to finish.

Obviously, some of my favorties ever are always start to finish listening session situations (past released, legendary stuff).

I rarely do random or one off listens to the classics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]From most recent back: Slash: Made in Stoke SRV: Live at Carnegie Hall Slash: (The 2010 studio album) Black Keys: The Big Come Up Black Keys: Thickfreakness The Rolling Stones: Get Your Ya Yas Out The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones Live, Now! (1966 one) And to cheat, albums I cut just one track from: Alice In Chains: Live (dislike "Queen of the Rodeo") The Rolling Stones: Beggar's Banquet (dislike track 2) The Rolling Stones: Let It Bleed (dislike "live with me") I organize my iTunes playlists by albums. but of course, will also set up longer playlists mixing and matching other times. But usually, I just start an album from the beginning and go. So I bet I could come up with more at home. One thing is true: I always listen through an album start to finish the first time. it's only after that that things get cut out. With ONE exception: The Rolling Stones: A bigger bang
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Re: Let It Bleed

They could have easily released Ho-nky (can't believe this word is blocked here) Tonk Women as an album track v.s. a B-Side and ten also kept Country Honk on there as well.  They come across as two different songs anyway. That would have solved your Live With Me issues. 

That said, Let It Bleed is such a classic, even if you aren't enamored with one track on an album like that, it shouldn't matter much.

As for Beggar's, how do you not like No Expectations?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

King of Limbs , Radiohead. In Rainbows , Radiohead. Let's Go , Rancid. Seeing both in May.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Zaz (by Zaz).  A really fabulous album.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]From most recent back: Slash: Made in Stoke SRV: Live at Carnegie Hall Slash: (The 2010 studio album) Black Keys: The Big Come Up Black Keys: Thickfreakness The Rolling Stones: Get Your Ya Yas Out The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones Live, Now! (1966 one) And to cheat, albums I cut just one track from: Alice In Chains: Live (dislike "Queen of the Rodeo") The Rolling Stones: Beggar's Banquet (dislike track 2) The Rolling Stones: Let It Bleed (dislike "live with me") I organize my iTunes playlists by albums. but of course, will also set up longer playlists mixing and matching other times. But usually, I just start an album from the beginning and go. So I bet I could come up with more at home. One thing is true: I always listen through an album start to finish the first time. it's only after that that things get cut out. With ONE exception: The Rolling Stones: A bigger bang
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Kind of surprised you don't like "Live with me",it's one of my favorite songs on the album.There's a line in the song that goes "My best friend he shoots water rats,and he's into his keys".It refers to Tony Sanchez,who was Brian Jones and then Keith Richards personal aide/errand boy.Keith and Tony used to go outside Keith's castle and shoot water rats in his moat and Tony used to get Keith his "supply"(with Keys meaning Kilos).Sanchez wrote a great book about his time with them called "Up and Down with the Rolling Stones".It was the first "tell all" book about them at that time I believe.If you like to read about them,I'd highly recommend it.
      Keith also refered to Sanchez twice in another song after he had published the book.The song called "Little T&A" on the "Tattoo You" album has the lines "Snitcher keeps snitching,dropping names telephone numbers and all" and "Scars healing,but the dealers squealing" are about Sanchez. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

As for Radiohead, their best album is The Bends. OK Computer a distant second.

They've been chasing that gem for 15 years now.  Too bad that go so out of whack with their electronic crap the last 10 years. Their latest album is awful. Almost threw it out the window.  I thought the CD was skipping on track 1, but nope, it was the actual song.  And then the rest of it was more of the same.   I need to find some hash or opium just to sit down and listen that album. 

But, the Bends is a listen from front to back album if there ever was one.  One of the best records of the 1990s.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's a matter of taste, but I like a lot of the OK Computer through In Rainbows Radiohead at least as much as The Bends Radiohead (though My Iron Lung could be one of my favourite Radiohead songs of all time).  Agree that King of Limbs was a bit of a disappointment (though honestly, I only listened to it once and maybe I should give it another chance). 

I've seen them live twice and think a lot of their post Bends stuff is great live.  They are an incredibly tight band that can pull off the complicated electronic stuff on stage very well. I've been very impressed by them live. Was actually a little surprised at how good they are in performance.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm almost certain it was Dwight Sings Buck.

Either that or Gone (also Dwight Yoakam).