What was the worst concert you ever saw?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mondy. Show Mondy's posts

Re: What was the worst concert you ever saw?

Aerosmith at Fenway. Which stinks because J.Geils' opening was one of the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

bloc party. at the orpheum. never really liked them in the first place, though.

i saw an amazing muse show the first time they came to the us and it was in a half filled gymnasium, if even half filled...one of, if not the best show experience i've ever had (aside from 10 rows back in front of jonny at radiohead)...but the opener, razorlight, was horrendous. that deserves worst concert cred too, even though they just opened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: What was the worst concert you ever saw?:
    p-mike I don't believe you were properly medicated
    Posted by jkjband

That would certainly explain it.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Stephen Stills at the Garden around 1972 - after he released his incredible single album with the light blue cover (??? name)

He played a little but then ranted/talked for hours.   I think it was the only concert I ever left early! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Widespread Panic is one of my favorite bands, but they are awful live(IMO).  Seen them a few times and each was terrible.  I'm done with them live.  I think their soundman must be deaf.
    Posted by ThinkSnow99

Wow.

Floyd is boring and WSP is "awful live".   Just when you think you've heard it all.

WSP will never be the same without Houser (Herring is just not very good in that band), but their live shows are like musical journeys and make them as a band.  I never thought their songs were strong across the catalog when you compare them other 90s bands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Stephen Stills at the Garden around 1972 - after he released his incredible single album with the light blue cover (??? name) He played a little but then ranted/talked for hours.   I think it was the only concert I ever left early! 
    Posted by cosmogirl

Manassas.  Wow, that is surprising too.  I can see now with his crappy voice and 90 minute shows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I've seen some pretty bad Dead shows as well as some amazing Dead shows.  I've seen Dylan several times - he can be amazing but the last time I saw him at BU was pretty bad.

Eric Clapton in Mansfield a few years ago was pretty good, but not so good at the Garden the following year.

Tom Petty always puts on a good show - not awesome but never bad.

I feel fortunate to live in place where I have the opportunity to see so many different bads in so many different places.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Radiohead, Mansfield 2003.I was sitting next to two guys that were screaming the lyrics to each and every song, and trying to sing (sound like ) Thom Yorke. That's a tough one. Stuck it out until "everything in it's right place," when the guy next to me started playing the opening rift with a beer can to his head, that was it! 

However, it was a good show, as much of it I actually heard...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Billy Idol he was either drunk of stoned out of his mind, or both.

The show was all of 35 minutes, he could not stand, never mind sing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldjcole. Show pauldjcole's posts

I would have to say Alanis Morrisette w/ Garbage at the Td Garden back in the 90's. I went to see Garbage because I loved their sound. But when Alanis came on the sound was AWFUL! Just a bunch of noise. I was surprised because I liked her album "Bitter little pill". I left about 2 songs into her set. Could not take any more, UGH! What a letdown. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lambretta. Show Lambretta's posts

Without a doubt it would be Bob Dylan. Thankfully Merle Haggard opened up and was amazing!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

I'll go with:  Meshuggah opened for Tool (2h or something), and that opening was the worst live music I've heard. 

Indistinguishable sounds.  Three guitarists making lots of incoherent noise, and a lead singer who would growl a few words and...then..with bulging eyes, would turn his head side-to-side for about ten seconds while making angry faces, before repeating the process.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Tina Turner at the Garden State Art Center around Thunder Dome time.  It involved a blind date that was as stale as the show (nice rack but that was it).

Sections
Shortcuts