What was then best sounding concert you've seen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What was the best sounding concert you've seen?

We have all seen many bands at different venues over the course of our lifetimes but what show stands out to you as the best sounding you seen?

For me it was Foreigner.  Foreigner 4 tour, 1981 Madison Square Garden.  The sound was great and Lou Gramm's voice was incredible.

(sorry for the title typo)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: What was then best sounding concert you've seen?

Radiohead during the Hail to the Thief tour. I could have been in my bedroom with my headphones on it was so clear. Since then I have contempt for succesful bands with sound issues. I don't want to hear it can't be done because it was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cedrikduncan011. Show cedrikduncan011's posts

For me it is the queen band.I been selling a ticket or myy lippuja in a concert in Finland and queen band really take all my attention on their concert and it was amazing experience.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Joe Bonamassa, Boston, last year.

I think it may have been the orpheum. Perhaps he sounds even better in other venues, but I was simply blown away. I doubt that had much to do with the venue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Jethro Tull at Massey Hall back ('94?) was a memorable show; the acoustics and presence of that place are just exquisite.  I've only been there a couple of times, but the sound for JT was pristine, more so than Yes, for some reason.  I recall the flute solos distinctly.

Portishead at Roseland Ballroom in '97 was impressive.  I always liked the acoustics there, too. (Apparently, they're closing this year.)

For outdoor venues, I have a soft spot for the Hollywood Bowl.  I was working in L.A. for much of 2007, and DMB and Arcade Fire were highlights.  The sound was always excellent. 

And then there's the ultimate: Red Rocks. Widespread Panic, 2001.  I'm not even sure how good the sound really was, but in my mind at the time it was darn near perfect.  (That was the last show of theirs I saw with guitarist Mike Houser (RIP), who died a year later.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Grateful Dead, MSG, 1993. Front row center, via the lottery. Second set was outstanding:

Samson and Delilah
    So Many Roads
    Truckin'
    He's Gone
    drums
    The Other One
    Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
    Morning Dew
    Baba O"Reily/Tomorrow Never Knows

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Radiohead during the Hail to the Thief tour. I could have been in my bedroom with my headphones on it was so clear. Since then I have contempt for succesful bands with sound issues. I don't want to hear it can't be done because it was.

[/QUOTE]
    That was my experience also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Human Sexual Response @ The Paradise

The Police @ The Orpheum

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to polar123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Grateful Dead, MSG, 1993. Front row center, via the lottery. Second set was outstanding:

Samson and Delilah
    So Many Roads
    Truckin'
    He's Gone
    drums
    The Other One
    Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
    Morning Dew
    Baba O"Reily/Tomorrow Never Knows

[/QUOTE]

Nice.  I saw 4 out of the 6 shows they played at Boston Garden that fall. 

Great sets, but I can't say I ever saw a show at the old Garden that sounded truly great.

Sections
Shortcuts