He's A Wh0re  (can you believe this?)
    Xanadu
    Whole Lotta Rosie
    The Load Out
    Wishing on a Star
    Pigs on the Wing
    Come Sail Away
    Capital Radio

I"m not listing the *recording* artists -- BONUS for anyone that can list them.
    NOTE: I know this will be very easy for some of you ... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

Re: What Year? (back to basics) :)

If memory serves me correctly Rockaway Beach was on Rocket to Russia which came out in late 1977 (either nov or dec I beleive). Id go with 1977 based on Rockaway Beach

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Pretty sure the year was 1977.I had just joined the service and there were some guys in my tech school that introduced me to the music of Rose Royce's "In full bloom' album.We wore that poor album out along with the Isley Brothers.
    Some of the artists:
    Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
    Xanadu - Rush 
    Whole lotta Rosie - AC/DC
    The Load out - Jackson Browne
    Wishing on a star - Rose Royce
    Come sail away - Styx
    Capital Radio - The Clash

Yoga,off the subject,but I thought this was an article you might like :

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ddpyoga-helps-disabled-vet-overcome-230200066.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: What Year? (back to basics) :):
    [QUOTE]I hitchhiked to Florida early in 1978 (missing the infamous blizzard by about a month).  I must've heard 'Come Sail Away' a bazillion times that winter.  So we've got another of these cusp things  - the year absolutely was either 77 or 78.  Give me both and I'd bet my house on it.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

Slim.
    Hope you own a tent ... hahaha  :D

JUST KIDDING.   Right on with 1977 -- some of the songs might have come out very late that year, so were getting plenty of airplay in 1978, too.   Yep, you got this one nailed.  :)

Nice going -- LW and MrMojo, too.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure the year was 1977.I had just joined the service and there were some guys in my tech school that introduced me to the music of Rose Royce's "In full bloom' album.We wore that poor album out along with the Isley Brothers. Some of the artists: Rockaway Beach - The Ramones Xanadu - Rush  Whole lotta Rosie - AC/DC The Load out - Jackson Browne Wishing on a star - Rose Royce Come sail away - Styx Capital Radio - The Clash Yoga,off the subject,but I thought this was an article you might like :   http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ddpyoga-helps-disabled-vet-overcome-230200066.html
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the article; I did like it, quite a bit.  :)     He needs to take credit for his weight loss with the coaching and improved diet, too, but with a powerful yoga regimen, I'm not sure how many people truly know how it can work to strengthen the body, along with the mind.  As is true in all things, you get out what you put in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

1977 "Styx" Old Boston Garden.......and the biggest joint I had ever seen "Cheech & Chong" big!...............the bass player for Styx had to be dragged off stage by two stage hands he was so out of it!.....can;t rember who opened for them...have to check my ticket stub.....I think it was Kansas?????? not sure................

Nope 1978 and the opening act was a group called Angel.... Dec 9, 1978

Wow! 70's rock......LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi4UCtHSMs&feature=related

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Billy Joel's 'Just the Way You Are' was another tune that would have instantly transported me back to the Winter of 78 as well.  You couldn't escape it.   I didn't like it at the time, but it grew on me much later in life.   I didn't care for that Styx tune the first time I ever heard it, and grew to hate it by the time the Summer of 78 rolled around.  Hate it still.  The only thing I ever really liked from that crew was one tune from Tommy Shaw's solo album.   The title eludes me, but it had a rollicking rhythm to it.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

That Styx song is awful, granted.   :)    Funny, but we've never discussed Styx, even in reference to Journey and Foreigner, two great legends you hold in such high regard from the same genre.  :P    I've done threads on Foreigner and Journey -- maybe we need to weigh in on Styx one of these days.   :)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]1977 "Styx" Old Boston Garden.......and the biggest joint I had ever seen "Cheech & Chong" big!...............the bass player for Styx had to be dragged off stage by two stage hands he was so out of it!.....can;t rember who opened for them...have to check my ticket stub.....I think it was Kansas?????? not sure................ Nope 1978 and the opening act was a group called Angel.... Dec 9, 1978 Wow! 70's rock......LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi4UCtHSMs&feature=related
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]

Angel - greatest Band logo ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What Year? (back to basics) :) : I'm late to this, but it's actually 1977. Whole Lotta Rosie is on AC/DC's Let There Be Rock from 1977.  If You Want Blood (live album) was released in 1978 along with their best studio record, Powerage the same year.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Confirmed above.   All of them were 1977.  I made a joke to Slim, which possibly confused the date (he hedged between '77 and '78, so I gave him credit  -- he bet his house on it, so what else could I do?) 

In any event, thanks.   It's fun to see how people make connections with songs to remember when they were released.   No two alike.  

n Response to Re: What Year? (back to basics) :):
    I hitchhiked to Florida early in 1978 (missing the infamous blizzard by about a month).  I must've heard 'Come Sail Away' a bazillion times that winter.  So we've got another of these cusp things  - the year absolutely was either 77 or 78.  Give me both and I'd bet my house on it.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII

Slim.
    Hope you own a tent ... hahaha  :D

JUST KIDDING.   Right on with 1977 -- some of the songs might have come out very late that year, so were getting plenty of airplay in 1978, too.   Yep, you got this one nailed.  :)

Nice going -- LW and MrMojo, too.