Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes

Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen

Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

Eyes Without a Face - Billy Idol

Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar

Sister Christian - Night Ranger  :D

Rock Me Tonight - Billy Squier

Head Over Heels - The GoGo's

NOTE:  Need an exact match for the year.  There's no room for a maybe.  One guess per person.  Cool

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: What year?

I'm going to guess 1983.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be shocked if it's any earlier than 84.  I think 86 is too late.  I am basing that entirely on the Springsteen tune  though.  The rest of them all blend into one big mid 80's blob for me. Since Yoga is being strict, my one guess remains 1985.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I had to try.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think they're all from the same year that Van Halen came out with the album 1984

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I know that the Born In the USA album was 1984.  I saw him play that summer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, since this is the first 1984 guess, and it's correct, the win goes to Hfx.  

Honorable mention to DD.  

It wouldn't be worth it if it's too easy, but it's uncanny how there's almost always someone who relates to one song on a list that gives the year away (ie, the Springsteen song). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]

1985. Let me give or take a year and I'll say that with 100% certainty.

[/QUOTE]

Give or take a year?        Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate. Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.  Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.    When I saw this, I edited my OP, as you noticed. 

Ve-e-e-ry close, however.   Give or take ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Well, I have to take issue with this, because I based my guess on the one song I was quite certain about.

Being a huge fan of Prog Rock, the top of the list was Yes- Owner Of A Lonely Heart.

I was quite certain of that one, so I didn't spend much time in thought on the others.

I did a quick check...sort of like the replay official, reviewing the play....and it seems that 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' was released as a single in 1983  and is on the 1983 album 90125. I believe the release date of the single is either Oct. or Nov. and the Album also was released in 1983.

Normally I wouldn't dispute these things, but I feel somewhat cheated.

The 2nd single from 90125, 'Leave It' was however, released in early 1984.

Get back to me on this, as all evidence I've found shows there is a technical error on this list.

Perhaps the single was re-released a year later?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"Son, what's your birthday?"

"March 15."

"What year?"

"Every year..."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Son, what's your birthday?"

"March 15."

"What year?"

"Every year..."

[/QUOTE]

Remember to change the time this weekend.

Yes, the TIME.

People keep telling me we "change the clocks"... Can't see changing my clocks twice a year, they should last longer than that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Well, I have to take issue with this, because I based my guess on the one song I was quite certain about.

Being a huge fan of Prog Rock, the top of the list was Yes- Owner Of A Lonely Heart.

I was quite certain of that one, so I didn't spend much time in thought on the others.

I did a quick check...sort of like the replay official, reviewing the play....and it seems that 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' was released as a single in 1983  and is on the 1983 album 90125. I believe the release date of the single is either Oct. or Nov. and the Album also was released in 1983.

Normally I wouldn't dispute these things, but I feel somewhat cheated.

The 2nd single from 90125, 'Leave It' was however, released in early 1984.

Get back to me on this, as all evidence I've found shows there is a technical error on this list.

Perhaps the single was re-released a year later?

You want a fact check.     I'll be glad to oblige.    This just validates your knowledge, which still astounds me. 

(goes behind curtain while audience waits anxiously for a ruling ... )  Okay, I'm back.

On the issue of Zilla vs. Yoga's Technical (and unintentional, yet sloppy) Error:

The ruling goes in favor of: ZILLA  

"The song went to #62 on November 5, 1983 and went down to the top 10 within 7 weeks. In 1984, the song made #8 on the year-end charts."

I had a little scare at one point, I will admit ... this list is when these songs were in the top 100 list for the year 1984, which would possibly push the song into the year following its release, as in the Yes song (see above).   I was hoping there were no conflicts ...

So, a technical error on my part, for not posing the question properly:  What year did these songs chart on the top 100 list? 

Yet, I don't want to deprive Hfx of his moment of glory. 

And Slim didn't get it one way or the other.      Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Great job, Zilla!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Yes, wording of the question is all important.

Alex Trebeck taught me this.

Okay, yoga, thanks. try not to be so hard on Slim, you may not be "head over heels" about his guess, but he wasn't just "dancing in the dark."

"Time after time" , I find these questions, like the Benatar song to be a real"battlefield."

But at least I am the "owner of a lonely technicality."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to yogafriend's comment:[QUOTE]And Slim didn't get it one way or the other.      Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what kind of Contest you're running here, but it seems like I should get something for being fairly certain that it wasn't 1986.

Cool

[/QUOTE]

I have a stash of backup trophies; I'm fairly certain I have one for the best "give or take" answer off by only 1-2 years.   The trophy is free, but if you want your name engraved on the plaque, it will cost you $9.99.  

I don't hand that one out often, rest assured.  Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, wording of the question is all important.

Alex Trebeck taught me this.

[/QUOTE]

Alex Trebeck is also my benchmark for excellence.    I was on a roll for a while, but now that these threads are less frequent, I slacked off.   Wait until next time ... :)