What's the last album you listened to?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

What's the last album you listened to?

If this has been done before I apologize.

What's the last album you listened to? It can be a re-listen or a new listen. You can talk about the album and it's genre, or just say the album.

The last album I listened to was Yo La Tengo's Painful. First time listen. Indie Rock, it was okay, not as good as their later release I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: What's the last album you listened to?

I don't know, because I'm not dead yet. Smile

I think the last time I listened to a complete album it was Nevermind by Nirvana....I mostly put discs in the changer and program in about 10-12 songs, I have got away from listening to full CDs for some reason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Alison Krauss and Union Station Live.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'm about 40-50 years late to the Beatles party ... have avoided them like the plague previously. However I'm listening to 1-2 Beatles albums per week this year even if it kills me just to see what the big deal was. Just finished listening to the Magical Mystery Tour album.

And Zillagod, listening to albums from start to finish is the only way to listen to music.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Matter of fact, I'm listening to The Beatles too. It's quite awhile since I've listened to them. I happened to click on a song in iTunes while I was working on the computer yesterday and got hooked. Listened to Revolver and Let It Be albums back-to-back while I worked.

It's funny when you haven't listened to a favorite group for awhile. All of a sudden they seem fresh, and you remember why they're a favorite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Before that I listened to David Gilmour's Live In Gdansk earlier in the week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm listening to the new CD's I got myself for Christmas.  The first one was Billy Cobham's Spectrum album, which is FANTASTIC.  After that I listened to 2 full CD's of Mozart pieces.  Nest up is Kraftwerk's 'Computer World'.  Right now I seem to be into music only-classical, jazz-rock fusion & electronic. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

Jon Hopkins - Immunity

A very good electronic release from 2013.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The Cars self titled first album............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

My last 4, in order:

The World's End (Original Soundtrack) - [Funny recent flick with some choice brit pop nuggets from the early 90s which are a big part of the film]

Lou Reed - Rock & Roll Animal (Remastered 2000 edition) - [Probably my favorite version of 'Sweet Jane'; the live band is one of the best solo Reed outfits ever, IMO]

Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne [I had a bootleg cassette of this for a long time; the last real LP before the schism which led to Son Volt and Wilco; still sounds excellent and contemporary after 20 years.]

Treme (Music from the HBO Series - Season 2) - The first season's music was/is outstanding...great New Orleans r&b, jazz, funk, etc...but this one ups the ante considerably with some amazing tracks in varied genres.  For anyone who wants an idea of what a critical role music plays in the life and history of the city, these discs are a good, challenging place to start.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

The Residents - Meet the Residents

very strange indeed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I'm about 40-50 years late to the Beatles party ... have avoided them like the plague previously. However I'm listening to 1-2 Beatles albums per week this year even if it kills me just to see what the big deal was. Just finished listening to the Magical Mystery Tour album.

And Zillagod, listening to albums from start to finish is the only way to listen to music.

I did it for years.

But, things change.

I used to watch movies from beginning to end.

Now I 've started playing many backwards......In 'Jaws' these two guys are drifting in the water and they go back to wrecked boat. Then this big shark throws up a cannister of compressed air, throws up a guy ( who becomes captain of the boat) throws up pieces of the boat , which magically attach themselves back together. They drive the boat ( backwards) back to shore and eventually it's a nice sunny day at the beach on Long Island.

I'm afraid that if I play "Back To The Future" backwards I'll go insane.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

My last 4, in order:

The World's End (Original Soundtrack) - [Funny recent flick with some choice brit pop nuggets from the early 90s which are a big part of the film]

Lou Reed - Rock & Roll Animal (Remastered 2000 edition) - [Probably my favorite version of 'Sweet Jane'; the live band is one of the best solo Reed outfits ever, IMO]

Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne [I had a bootleg cassette of this for a long time; the last real LP before the schism which led to Son Volt and Wilco; still sounds excellent and contemporary after 20 years.]

Treme (Music from the HBO Series - Season 2) - The first season's music was/is outstanding...great New Orleans r&b, jazz, funk, etc...but this one ups the ante considerably with some amazing tracks in varied genres.  For anyone who wants an idea of what a critical role music plays in the life and history of the city, these discs are a good, challenging place to start.

Did not realize that was released on vinyl. Nice.

Not sure if it is or not.  My copy is a CD.  (excellent bonus tracks, btw: covers of "Truck Drivin' Man" and "Suzy Q")

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Zepp 2 over the weekend.

Alice in Chains: Live during this morning's workout... though I suppose I didn't quite finish it.

If I'm doing something else that occupies attention while listening (ie, some computer games; weights workout), I tend to go through a whole album. Otherwise, I'll often bounce from album to album every few songs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

No disrespect intended Rich.....but I only listen to "albums" i.e. LPs.  Right now:  the eponymous Hex Dispensers LP.  Total genius, musically,  IMO.....plus it's a 12" 45......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Matter of fact, I'm listening to The Beatles too. It's quite awhile since I've listened to them. I happened to click on a song in iTunes while I was working on the computer yesterday and got hooked. Listened to Revolver and Let It Be albums back-to-back while I worked.

It's funny when you haven't listened to a favorite group for awhile. All of a sudden they seem fresh, and you remember why they're a favorite.

Hand-on-heart...I reckon in 9764 AD, there will still be kids hearing the Stooges for the first time and going totally nuts.  Like us.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to RogerTaylor's comment:

The Cars self titled first album............

Dumb crap:  Me, from Boston, has lived in London for 24 years.  Good friend of mine, an Aussie, lives in Berlin with his adorable Kiwi girlfriend....went to see them last week...great city, btw...GO...and ask me for advice.  ;-)

Anyway, out on the town for an improbably length of time with K and C.......staggered back to their flat......what was on their turntable?

Cars.  I loved that.  I'm not even a big power pop guy......but until I moved here I had no idea how idolised and beloved many Boston bands are in Europe.

Please, please forget the shameful, crappy nonsense.....

Real Kids, Lyres, Customs, Jon Rich, DMZ, BWATS, etc. are widely known, beloved and admired here....I was SHOCKED when I moved here.....how the $%£% could kids from Toledo, Paris and sundry Spanish towns love the Customs when 2 million idiots in Boston think the Standells are from Boston!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Pet Sounds..I can't listen to it too often but its one of my favorite albums. Wilson at the peak of his genius. The one before that was Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables. Pretty contrasting albums lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

Wax Tailor - Tales of the Forgotten Melodies

First time listen. Instrumental Hip Hop album. One of the best I've heard. Usually not a big fan of instrumental hip hop. Don't really care for DJ Shadow. But I like this.

Before that was Diamond Head - Lightning to the Nations

Re-listen. Wow. A great metal album. I really hear the influence on Metallica from this. Just great all the way through, especially Am I Evil?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Something I do frequently, Speaking in Tongues, The Talking Heads.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafswin27. Show leafswin27's posts

The new Arcade Fire Album Reflektor

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Last 3, in order:

Marc Broussard - Carencro

Galactic - Ya-Ka-May

Sam Roberts Band - Collider

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts