What's your band's name...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

What's your band's name...?

OK, so you've finally got your band together, so what will you name it...???

No fair using names already taken or well-known.  Here are a few I've come up with:

- The Chumps
    - Side Of Fries
    - Dizzy & The Dipsh*ts
    - Second-Hand Plaids
    - The Manic Potatoes
    - Sodapop Surfers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Re: What's your band's name...?

Fried Agony*

The Green-Eyed Applicants
    The No Mercy Girls Club   :)
    Toasted

*(Zilla, I owe you one)
    :D

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: What's your band's name...?:
    [QUOTE]Fried Agony* The Green-Eyed Applicants *(Zilla, I owe you one) :D
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

LaughingLaughingLaughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I had some friends who were in a band and we used to toss around band names.  There were two I can remember which I thought were pretty good.  One was 'Urban Urges'.  The other, which was for a heavy metal band, was 'Blast Furnace'.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

I rembember once thinking "The Hexadecibels" would be good for a 6 piece band. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here's a few off the cuff:

God's Best Friends
    Bar-B-Que'd Iguanas (Thanks to Stan Ridgway)
    Fishin' For Insults
    The Other Guys
    Psyche Ward Rejects
    Hell's Favorite Sons

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

I once heard a band called: John Cougar ConcentrationCamp

thought it was pretty funny

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

"Xanax"

"Really"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]"Xanax" "Really"
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

(Sorry for the interuption, but....)

The Red Sox board is almost boring without you, jessey. 

I hope at some point you return.

But I understand if you don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

my actual band names have been in order

"color"
    "an army of robots"
    "elephant graveyard"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? :  (Sorry for the interuption, but....) The Red Sox board is almost boring without you, jessey.  I hope at some point you return. But I understand if you don't.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I miss having regular conversation about Sawx/Yanks & baseball, but the likes of Babe, Kim and a few others almost makes it impossible for me now. Too bad, I wanted to be the first Yankee fan there to hit 10,000 posts.

But that is okay, I got all you here on music and that is more than enough for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

OH MY GOD...... I'VE BEEN TALKING TO A YANKEE FAN...... I just want to go home and wash

One of my most favorite things to do is to go up to some complete stranger who is wearing a Yankee hat/shirt/jacket in grocery store or just walking on the side walk (where ever) and tell them that I find their hat/shirt/jacket to be offensive... they pause for about 2 or 3 seconds until they figure out that I'm just busting their chops ... I like to entertain my self in strange ways.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgtnull. Show sgtnull's posts

Youth In Asia
    the Greatest Band Ever
    Loud

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]OH MY GOD...... I'VE BEEN TALKING TO A YANKEE FAN...... I just want to go home and wash One of my most favorite things to do is to go up to some complete stranger who is wearing a Yankee hat/shirt/jacket in grocery store or just walking on the side walk (where ever) and tell them that I find their hat/shirt/jacket to be offensive... they pause for about 2 or 3 seconds until they figure out that I'm just busting their chops ... I like to entertain my self in strange ways.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

I do have the affect on people.

And here is the best part - Jet fan also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to What's your band's name...?:
    [QUOTE]OK, so you've finally got your band together, so what will you name it...??? No fair using names already taken or well-known.  Here are a few I've come up with: - The Chumps - Side Of Fries - Dizzy & The Dipsh*ts - Second-Hand Plaids - The Manic Potatoes - Sodapop Surfers
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Uncle Daddy and the Family Secrets...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : I miss having regular conversation about Sawx/Yanks & baseball, but the likes of Babe, Kim and a few others almost makes it impossible for me now. Too bad, I wanted to be the first Yankee fan there to hit 10,000 posts. But that is okay, I got all you here on music and that is more than enough for me.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I understand the frustration with Kim. That person is very strange.

Somehow BABE and I have always got along O.K. , even though so many have complained. I actually get along well with most Yankee fans, maybe I am A CLOSET YANKEE FAN....NO PLEASE, I DIDN'T REALLY SAY THAT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Some fantastic ones!! Especially love Manic Potatoes and Psych Ward Reject.

I had to go to the county dump a few months back, and printed on the dumpster was CITIZEN DROPOFF. My first thought was, what a great name for a band.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Some band names my daughter and I have come up with for our various characters in our various worlds:

Jeff and the Daaaaaamn Cats (which is actually the name of the "band" my avi Ren is playing in)
    Dang Freaky
    Fear of a Cat Planet

Feels like forever since I've been on the boards...I've been pretending not to exist. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Almost forgot the classic:

Brides of Christ

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]OH MY GOD...... I'VE BEEN TALKING TO A YANKEE FAN...... I just want to go home and wash.
    Posted by jkjband[/QUOTE]

Does anyone besides me think I Just Want to Go Home and Wash would be an excellent band name?

When I was in high school I played with a bunch of guys who called themselves Lenny Dreadful . . .   although I think you might be stretching the vernacular a little out of shape to to call us an actual band (and nobody ever got the joke, in any case).

Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : Does anyone besides me think I Just Want to Go Home and Wash would be an excellent band name? When I was in high school I played with a bunch of guys who called themselves Lenny Dreadful . . .   although I think you might be stretching the vernacular a little out of shape to to call us an actual band (and nobody ever got the joke, in any case).
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Once an audience finds out how great a band plays then almost any name starts sounding great.  For example: The Beatles.  What if a mediocre band had called themseves, The Beatles?  Then people would say: "Why did they name themselves after an insect?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : Once an audience finds out how great a band plays then almost any name starts sounding great.  For example: The Beatles.  What if a mediocre band had called themseves, The Beatles?  Then people would say: "Why did they name themselves after an insect?
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

i hope this is unnecessary...

beetle - insect
    beatle - pun

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : i hope this is unnecessary... beetle - insect beatle - pun
    Posted by phsmith8[/QUOTE]
    I knew the spelling was a little different.  My point is this.  A band could call themselves: The Morons.  If the band sounds great, most people will find a reason to like the name.  But if they don't sound that good, people will think: lousy band with a dumb name.  But I see your point too.  The fact that The Beatles punned off of The Beetles was pretty cool.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I remember reading somewhere once that The Bangles were originally called The Bangs -- which has a certain connotation for an all-girl band -- but changed it because Bangles sounded more like Beatles.

I can't vouch for the veracity of this story, but it sounds good, and makes a pretty fair point about "what's in a name."