What's your band's name...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

Re: What's your band's name...?

Might be worth noting that the "Beatles" has the word beat in it which I think played a part in it.  They were also The Silver Beatles, Johnny and the Moon Dogs and of course, the Quarrymen.  I know, I prob got the spelling wrong.

Speaking of which, I seem to recall reading that the record company liked the Beach Boys name becuase it put them close to the Beatles at the record store.  Something I think that is sometimes considered.

Monkees was a copy of the Beatles name with the different spelling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In Response to Re: What's your band's name...?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : Does anyone besides me think I Just Want to Go Home and Wash would be an excellent band name? When I was in high school I played with a bunch of guys who called themselves Lenny Dreadful . . .   although I think you might be stretching the vernacular a little out of shape to to call us an actual band (and nobody ever got the joke, in any case).
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Go Home and Wash  -- that's the band name.

I Just Want to Go Home and Wash  -- that's a song title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : Go Home and Wash  -- that's the band name. I Just Want to Go Home and Wash  -- that's a song title.
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]
    There's a big difference between the two.  Go Home and Wash is like when we are trying to insult the h*ll out of somebody.  I Just Want to Go Home and Wash is when we think that our underarms are a little ripe so we politely excuse ourselves and leave the party.  .......... Back to being serious. During the early days of Rock And Roll some people that were Big Band fans and afraid of Rock, refused to evaluate individual songs and individual musicians on their merits, but instead made disparaging remarks about rock band members and their music.  I remember one biased person said, during a TV documentary, that The Rolling Stones looked dirty and might have said that they looked like they needed to go home and wash.  Sorry, I don't know if this has any relationship to what you are saying but that's what flashed in my mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

jesus' junk

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's your band's name...? : There's a big difference between the two.  Go Home and Wash is like when we are trying to insult the h*ll out of somebody.  I Just Want to Go Home and Wash is when we think that our underarms are a little ripe so we politely excuse ourselves and leave the party.  ..........  Back to being serious. During the early days of Rock And Roll some people that were Big Band fans and afraid of Rock, refused to evaluate individual songs and individual musicians on their merits, but instead made disparaging remarks about rock band members and their music.  I remember one biased person said, during a TV documentary, that The Rolling Stones looked dirty and might have said that they looked like they needed to go home and wash.  Sorry, I don't know if this has any relationship to what you are saying but that's what flashed in my mind.        
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]I was just being facetious on one level (just like you were), so thanks for the additional jolt of humor.  :D

Of course, back in the day (and going strong out there in the right wing today) there will always be plenty of commentary on the evils and filth in RnR (see a Zilla rant to be filled in). 

For your viewing pleasure, here are a few real names of Death Metal artists:
    Carcass
    Gorguts
    Suffocation
    Fleshcrawl
    Dying Fetus

And for Black Metal, there's Cradle of Filth, for one. 

From that standpoint, we need to get with the program, don't you think?
      :D

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

don't forget GWAR

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I seem to remember a local band called the Coney Island Whitefish, but I'm not positive...

...ask your dad or any NYer if you don't get the reference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

i always thought Shameless Self Promotion was a great band name...i don't think it's in use...

i also love Ween

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

also, the flaming lips is pretty inappropriate if you think about it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

More (random):

The Electric Kumquats
    Righteous Rhinos
    Ton Of Bricks
    Stable Ponys
    Harsh Language
    The Instigators
    The Keynote Speakers
    Killer Baby Seals
    Busker Slaves

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I did this once before. Can't remember any of them.
    Let's see ... how about

Whipped Gravy
    Graveyard Calling (or maybe that's an album name)
    Lime Sweetness
    Pound of Iron
    Channel Surfers
    The Road Chunkers
    Billy Bob and Bottleheads (or just The Bottleheads)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well my band names have been
    The Fred Bates Band
    Zachariah
    Kim and the Cool Cats
    Just Passin' Through
    I always wanted to start a bluegreass band and call it The San Bruno Mountain Boys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Now here is a name that I think would have worked for many bands:

No Talent

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]Now here is a name that I think would have worked for many bands: No Talent
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Another one that would work along that vein:

Useless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

The Grassy Knoll Band

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I just saw a reference to a band with a name that is making me queasy:

Carsickness
    Laughing
    I just had to share, and apologize for being cruel.  I would suggest not eating for an hour or so. 

Sections
Shortcuts