Which is better, Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Which is better, Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here

Dark Side certainly sold more but I'm partial to Wish you were here.  Maybe because Dark Side is played more often.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

Re: Which is better, Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here

I tend to listen to Animals or The Wall the most, but since it's not one of your choices i'll take..... Wish You Were Here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

Initially DSOTM but after time I would have to go with Wish and also for my money the best is Animals.  And that's not to diminish any of these albums

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Tough choice...Dark Side is a masterpiece of musical engineering, but I'll also go with WYWH as my favorite listen.

Reason: "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" is my single most favorite Floyd composition from front to back.  "Wish You Were Here" is in my top 5, easily.

As good and as deserving of praise as Dark Side is, Wish You Were Here is sometimes underrated, I believe, with too few songs and not as cohesive.  A friend argued that it's inferior because a non-Floyd member, Roy Harper, sings lead on "Have A Cigar"; point taken, but it's a minor point, to me (same could be said about "TGGITS" on Dark Side).  I would argue the album is more concise with fewer extras and less pageantry with hardly a single false note or inflection.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I have to agree with everyone in regards to "Wish You Were Here". There just seemed to be more emotion in that album.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schmangell. Show schmangell's posts

That's like picking your favorite child. Not gonna do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I think Wish You Were Here has better songs, but Dark Side of the Moon is better as a total artistic package.  It's not just about the songs but the sequencing and the sound effects and the images.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

dark side of the moon

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Which is better, Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here:
    [QUOTE]That's like picking your favorite child. Not gonna do it.
    Posted by schmangell[/QUOTE]

...or asking if I'd like the Black Raspberry or Maple Walnut ice cream today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Not an easy call here...but you put a gun to my head, I have to lean to the Dark Side!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If I could only chose 1 it would be Wish you were here.  Then again I prefer Brunettes and nice butts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Which is better, Dark Side of the Moon or Wish You Were Here:
    [QUOTE]If I could only chose 1 it would be Wish you were here.  Then again I prefer Brunettes and nice butts.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally I prefer those three things too.  Are we rebels or what?Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll just go ahead and say it:

FM radio drilling Money into everyone's head, eveyr hour on -- the hour, day after day, year after year after year simply ruined Dark Side of the Moon for me. I would choose Wish You Were Here easily in this debate (although I agree with some here that Animals -- as a matter of taste -- is better than both).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkjband. Show jkjband's posts

[QUOTE] (although I agree with some here that Animals -- as a matter of taste -- is better than both).
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

It's the barking dogs isn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Personally, Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and Animals all rank tied for No. 1 as far as Pink Floyd albums go. I like all three equally and can't separate them.