Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?

Zilla

There seems to be another big lizard roaming BDC

Bergzilla's page
    User Image
    This member hasn't added any personal information yet..

Add Bergzilla as a friend and you'll see when Bergzilla adds some details

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you? : That would explain alot as I am not married ( I live with a wonderful lady, though) I am obviously not a mom (I am not a dad either) and I really do not know what I would chat confidentially about other than Red Sox and music. Glad we found common ground here. I find talking music very relaxing and I meet alot of nice people ( well not really "meet" , but you know what I mean). I consider all these people to be friends, I once had a slight misunderstanding with Newman,I was trying to make a joke and he didn't realize it. I sometimes forget that some forms of humor don't play as well in text as they do when spoken. I will warn you that I enjoy many forms of humor and I am not afraid to use them.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Sorry for that misunderstanding Zilla!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

My name is Yoshimi, and I'm a black belt in Karate...

Seriously, however, when that song came out lots of people in my dojo poked fun at me.  But yeah...I've been taking karate for about 12 years now.  That part is true.  Yoshimi is the name my first sensei gave me and I've used it as my legal professional name ever since.

Er.  Actually, I'm rather boring.  I have one kid, a daughter, who is the light of my life, cream in my coffee, ect.  I'm an artist/author, I keep weird hours, sometimes forget to eat, and spend a lot of my time trying to balance fun (which is the art/writing part) and work (which is all the social networking/promotional stuff I gotta do).  I mentor my daughter and several other kids, and do various fund-raisers, volunteer to teach art/creative writing to homeschooled kids in my area, and pretty much avoid anything that might reek of social interaction if I can at all help it.  This forum is actually where I come to relax and hang out, though lately I haven't had much time for that, either. 

I'm an avid Sox fan, and was a punk rock girl in my younger days - which my current wardrobe still somewhat reflects. 

I also like to poke fun at myself a great deal. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thank you all for revealing some of yourself. And I just knew we had a couple of former Boy Band members. Kargiver - welcome.

It seems we all take on a bit of a role on this forums, especially those who come back on a daily basis. Some of the conversation that takes place is exceptional. Matty, Software - you guys always peak my interest. Newman, T-Cal, David, Lloyd, P-mike, phsmith, Hfsoxnut, Roy, Slim, WiN, gerbs, Cavsfan, carnie, sf, leafswin, Spaceace, Schmangel and quite a few others  - you have all brought something to this forum that is entirely you. Then there is Yoshi and Yoga (my Y&Y girls). Better than M&M's -trust me.

But I do send a shout out to the one who I enjoy playing straight man to. He is the one who re-energized this forum last year. He is an ugly large reptile, but he is my friend. No name needed - he requires no introduction.

As for me, I try and be the emcee here as best I can. But I really do enjoy chatting with you all.

And on note - I could care less about the environment, but chicks like it when I tell them that I work for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

thanks for the nod jessey, i do quite enjoy our back n' forths...everyone's got a unique personality here, i love it.

cheers to you all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

[QUOTE I went from being told I walked on water to completely sinking to the bottom.  True case of culture shock.  
    Posted by yogafriend[/QUOTE]

you could walk on my water anyday Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.  I don't know much about rock, and that seemed to be the pervasive style discussed, so I was always kind of intimidated to join you guys, but I'm glad I came by.  Fun, diverse, honest bunch!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you? : Sorry for that misunderstanding Zilla!
    Posted by newman09[/QUOTE]

I am so glad we were able to remain civil after my failed attempt at humor. I appreciate that and I am very glad we can continue to discuss music as friends.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I have a very soft, whispery voice, and can go hours and hours without saying a word.

So you are a cross between Helen Keller ( soft spoken) and Sarah Palin ( hours and hours without saying anything...sensible)?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]My name is Yoshimi, and I'm a black belt in Karate... Seriously, however, when that song came out lots of people in my dojo poked fun at me.  But yeah...I've been taking karate for about 12 years now.  That part is true.  Yoshimi is the name my first sensei gave me and I've used it as my legal professional name ever since. Er.  Actually, I'm rather boring.  I have one kid, a daughter, who is the light of my life, cream in my coffee, ect.  I'm an artist/author, I keep weird hours, sometimes forget to eat, and spend a lot of my time trying to balance fun (which is the art/writing part) and work (which is all the social networking/promotional stuff I gotta do).  I mentor my daughter and several other kids, and do various fund-raisers, volunteer to teach art/creative writing to homeschooled kids in my area, and pretty much avoid anything that might reek of social interaction if I can at all help it.  This forum is actually where I come to relax and hang out, though lately I haven't had much time for that, either.  I'm an avid Sox fan, and was a punk rock girl in my younger days - which my current wardrobe still somewhat reflects.  I also like to poke fun at myself a great deal. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Can someone who is a black belt in Karate be considered "boring?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkingTheWalk. Show WalkingTheWalk's posts

Hi my name is WTW (it was supposed to be WT 'letter between E and G' but the mod wouldn't allow it). Originally from somewhere west of Boston and east of Springfield; pick a city, any city... but even if you picked the correct city I'm not there now as I've moved to Europe (pick a country, any country). I've lived all over the world in the past few decades but will always consider the Commonwealth home. I'm old enough to know better and probably should but who knows. I have old children and youngish children and they keep me grounded and my life interesting. Hopefully I can pass on my love of music, books, and travel to them and so far so good on that. Used to sing in choirs and perform in musicals way back when and occasionally get up and sing when the mood strikes at jam sessions, open mike events, and karaoke. I've really enjoyed bantering with and even meeting some of you through these varied forums. It is a form of relaxation and stimulation for me. Anyway, enough about me...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

And yet the big reptile says nothing about the new reptile roaming these lands. Very interesting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you? : So you are a cross between Helen Keller ( soft spoken) and Sarah Palin ( hours and hours without saying anything...sensible)?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    As for politics, that's for another forum.
    As for your sense of humor, no comment. 
    Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Yogi - I wish to hear your voice Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

I'm a little sad that I wasn't included in jessey's list.  I know I'm boring but still.....

I'm going to go cry now.

But I'm happy to see yogafriend as I haven't seen her lately in the association forums. Sorry I missed her deleted posts.

jkj, A George Clooney look-a-like?  Well, it's nice to picture a face with a name & what a nice face it is.

yoshimi, How can you forget to eat?!?

Okay, now I'll go cry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'm a public accountant living in Halifax, one of the great cities in the world.  Yesterday was my 55th birthday, ouch.  I once dreamed of being an author and even tried writing a novel.  I've been happily married for 19 years and I have a wonderful 14-year old daughter.  I love the Boston Red Sox and classic rock music.

I spend much too much time on the baseball forum and here...but it's pretty damn good entertainment for free.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a little sad that I wasn't included in jessey's list.  I know I'm boring but still..... I'm going to go cry now. But I'm happy to see yogafriend as I haven't seen her lately in the association forums. Sorry I missed her deleted posts. jkj, A George Clooney look-a-like?  Well, it's nice to picture a face with a name & what a nice face it is. yoshimi, How can you forget to eat?!? Okay, now I'll go cry.
    Posted by Another-Veronica[/QUOTE]

Because you don't play here. That is why I told you get your pretty little self here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Jessey congratulation with your Jets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Jessey congratulation with your Jets.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    GO JETS !   BEAT PITTSBURGH !       I post in Boston instead of Cleveland because I think its culturally enriching to talk to people out of town.  Nothing against my home town.  Also most of the posters are very informed and nice to chat with.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Listen my Sweet, do you think it's easy trying to find you elsewhere?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I will always leave a trail of bread crumbs so you can find me.

Thank you T-cal. I think I can now almost relate to how you all felt in 2004. Now we find out if the Jets can finish the deal like the Sox did.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you all and why do I enjoy chatting with you? : As for politics, that's for another forum. As for your sense of humor, no comment. 

You win some , you lose some.

As many rock musicians (among them John Lennon, the Clash and Bob Dylan ...impressive bunch) sometimes make political references in their music, I fell justified in sticking in a small, insignificant reference now and again.

Sorry , my sense of humor is surely very warped on occasion...nothing is meant to offend. If it does, I am deeply sorry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Another-Veronica. Show Another-Veronica's posts

Not that she needs any defending & I most certainly can not talk for her but I will say that yogafriend is a gentle & sensitive soul.  She is one of the kindest  people in these forums.  She does have a wonderful sense of humor & if something offended her, she handles situations with grace & class.

If there is a damper put on this thread, it is not from yogafriend. 

Carry on people. Today is a new day. Smile

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yoga, I've deleted all my posts regarding the misinterpretation debacle and hope all is well.

Best,
    ~kar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Mine too are gone Yoga...as Doc from Back To The future said "erased from existence".

No harm no foul,
    Newman

-Peace